Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

I just typed up a big long answer and then with a keystroke it all disappeared:-/ Lucky for everyone you get the short answer.

I just got as many clones and seeds as I could afford and then cloned the heck out of them. I built 10 ez cloner sort of cloners with 70 stations each and I can put 2 cuttings in each station for a total of about 1400 at a time now. No that is not legal but the LCB did not make a legal path for us in this issue. We used my spare bedroom, my daughters spare bedroom, one of my partners spare bedroom and even a space in a friends house. We did buy a few seeds here my partner did that as he is young and more into strain types than I am.

As to the question about advice I found here? I did not get much that was usable and most of it was not offered in any sort of a friendly manner. There is a bunch of great information posted here but it takes a long time to read every post to find it. I also have found that there are as many ways to grow pot as there are people doing it. Each person thinks their method is the BEST and yet there seems to be no BEST way to do it, just lots of variations on a theme and you have to roll with what comes your way just like everything else pretty much in life.

I don't think this site has been that encouraging to me but I see lots of newbies getting great responses so perhaps it is just me. A few people here have been cool and say "you go girl" but it seems way more people say "you are going to fucking fail so bad and even seem happy at that thought:-/" There are a handful of people that have reached out and have been very nice but that does not seem to be the norm or at least not in my case. I wish I would have posed my original question differently but in my zealous glee at finally being able to do this all out front and in the open I was not wary enough, did not consider that this was a message board really and just did not even consider that there would be people that were not happy that this was happening for us here in WA state. It still confuses me a bit really....I would have been super excited for someone else in my shoes....but that is me and certainly not the prevailing outlook for most of the people that post here apparently. It is encouraging when I can actually discuss all or really any of this with someone else that grows but for the most part I have not found much engagement here.

I do appreciate the positive comments though and I said I would keep this thread updated so you will be seeing our progress as I can find the time to post it. I still can use all the luck and skill I can gather to bring this all into fruition:)
I think you are rocking it girl! The marijuana business is still partly male driven. Women are not taken seriously. Men seem to think its a "hobby" for the women folk lol. What u have taken on is amazing! I applaud you!!!!!

burn4me

burn4me

Hate is everywhere or maybe it's jealousy but no matter, you have not let it hinder any of your efforts so imo you're ahead of the curve on that. Just know there are people who do wish the best for you. Good luck and get some well deserved rest. Good vibes your way ma'am

inthegorge

inthegorge

Thanks everyone:-) I did sleep last night but I think I can thank the bottle of champagne my daughter had chilled and ready when I got home....not the best sleep I have ever gotten but I was just totaled after not sleeping at all the night before from second guessing everything we had done, the placement of every camera, would our fence coverings be sufficient....and on and on. They were impressed though and the lady that has been working with me all along on this came out for the inspection too as we were her first license to be awarded. She made them take about 10 photos of her with myself and one of my partners and hugged me about 4 times:-) I guess it was a biggy for her too.

And you are right TK...now the work begins in earnest! That is what I have been waiting for...the time to spend with all the ladies to see what I can accomplish with them.

This sure as heck ain't no hobby 88 and this lady is being taken seriously around here at least:-) I already emailed all the other grower applicants in our county this morning to let them know what to expect and what to focus on so they can all pass their inspections too. I want everyone here to be successful so it legitimizes the whole process and gives Washington's "legalization" as good of a chance as possible to move forward into something some day that actually looks like real legalization and not the taxation tool it is going to be at first. Baby steps but I still feel like a big part of history:-)

Still need to find a couple of strains that I have not secured yet but I will have them before our 15 day window to bring plants onto the property is over.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

congrats!!! ive followed this thread since ya came to the farm. im from Snohomish county. Man the trips i had to the Gorge.... not to mention Pullman.... go cougs lol! your place looks phenomenal, im glad everything is working out for you and your crew. Now the hard part awaits, my only suggestion is to keep a strict system and keep logs of day to day activities. Dont forget about pest prevention as well. build that into a regimen. that is a heaven for some pests and on that scale, an infestation can get crazy. keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Congrats again
:cigar:Z

MrCannabliss

MrCannabliss

Congratulations ITG! Setting the bar for those to follow! It takes a big person to pull off this monumental feat and share your experience with such gracious generosity. Admirable I say! Here's to your huge success!!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

:DHistory is being written and you have you own chapter in there
CONGRADULATIONS! ! !
If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything
And You STAND Very Well:)

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Hey I was just having some thought's about the power going out. @inthegorge do you have delays for your ballast if the power flickers and do you have backup generators to run supplemental lighting in case of an outage?

Deadphish

Deadphish

@inthegorge, as a new member of the farm, I just completed all 12 pages of this wonderful thread. And I just gotta say, congratulations on all your success! As I was reading thru the thread, the anticipation of your final inspection kept me reading. I'm in a very MMJ unfriendly state and can only wait until this country FULLY legalizes this beautiful plant, and your efforts and dedication to comply with all the rules and regulations of WA will help to make this a reality for the rest of us. Congratulations again, and best of lucky in the future!

tweedy

tweedy

I'm very happy for you but feel very conflicted on this entire situation. I've been trying very hard to not come in and put in my two cents but I really can't sit back much longer. 7000 square feet is awesome, but 502 isn't, plain and simple. By the end of this, things like your 7000 square feet are going to help put the nail in Washington's medical system, and then I will be forced to either be a felon again by growing my own meds or be forced to buy whatever herb is on their shelf?

Again, congratulations, really. I don't want it to take away from something like that (one of the first licenses awarded), but threads like this are bittersweet for me. This isn't legalization, this is "supervised playtime" and you can bet your ass they are going to be putting people in time out when crops are just finished drying and they have 300 elbows sitting there.

Every state that hasn't passed the equivalent of 502, please for the love of god, hold out for a real bill. Refuse Trojan horse laws in the cannabis world, we've given up more rights this last year in Washington than we know what to do with.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

I'm very happy for you but feel very conflicted on this entire situation. I've been trying very hard to not come in and put in my two cents but I really can't sit back much longer. 7000 square feet is awesome, but 502 isn't, plain and simple. By the end of this, things like your 7000 square feet are going to help put the nail in Washington's medical system, and then I will be forced to either be a felon again by growing my own meds or be forced to buy whatever herb is on their shelf?

Again, congratulations, really. I don't want it to take away from something like that (one of the first licenses awarded), but threads like this are bittersweet for me. This isn't legalization, this is "supervised playtime" and you can bet your ass they are going to be putting people in time out when crops are just finished drying and they have 300 elbows sitting there.

Every state that hasn't passed the equivalent of 502, please for the love of god, hold out for a real bill. Refuse Trojan horse laws in the cannabis world, we've given up more rights this last year in Washington than we know what to do with.

Luckily, we have another year before the attack on mmj can be taken back up. Get a hold of the Cannabis Action Coalition and do what you can to help guide the new laws. http://cannabisactioncoalition.com/

Top Bottom