Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
inthegorge

inthegorge

We haven't smoked it yet....waiting for a bit more of a cure since it was just cut last Thursday. Smells good though:-)

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

First off I really hope the best for your daughter and am hoping that the docs don't know what they're talking about. My brother was having issues with his vision and headaches, and the doctors gave him the MS scare also. After many tests and docs, we're pretty certain it's not MS. I really hope that's the case with your daughter. Second I applaud you for rocking the "i don't give a shit" attitude with your alopecia. I also have alopecia. My hair actually just came back. It comes and goes, stupid immune system.

That's awesome you got your drying room dialed in. Those parameters are perfect as I'm sure you know. Don't worry too much about yield and weight (I know it's hard not to). Be more focused on quality and getting the grow space dialed. After your grow space is dialed then the weight and yield will start to improve. I struggled for many years to pull over 1 gram per watt and didn't make it quite it a few times. A lot comes with knowing your strains and how to grow them. I'm sure with 80+ strains that's gonna take a few cycles.

So what's the process like to get it from the clipping trays to the shops?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Looking good! Congrats on your first pull! It has to be a good feeling!

I'm not used to SOG high plant counts, and 252 hanging threw me off!

inthegorge

inthegorge

Thank you:)) I am hoping the same thing is going on with my daughter! I used to be an RN and while I knew some of her symptoms could indicate MS I really do not think that is what is going on but hopefully good testing will tell the truth of the matter. Alopecia is a bit of a bitch but I am pretty much over it. So cool that your hair grew back:) I don't think mine will at this point but with alopecia the chance remains....But then I would not be rocking the weird mohawk:-) After all this when I am settled on a sunny beach somewhere who knows...it could grow back I suppose? Anything is possible.

As to how it goes to the shops from clipping:
First we have to create "lots" which is up to 5 lbs of the same strain. We then have to have a lab test run for each "lot" and that costs about $125 per test and takes a minimum of 72 hours so probably more like a week when it is all said and done. Then we do all the packaging ourselves as well. We are using a number of different packaging ideas including a strain sampler with a bud of 3 or 4 different strains in one container that has an individual space for each strain, some gram sized containers that are clear plastic, some vacuum sealed bags for I don't know what yet and some other containers including tins with see through tops, clear plastic containers of different sizes and some cigarette package style boxes for pre-rolled J's. We have to label them all with required information including our name, address, license number, cannibinoid profile from the lab testing and some warnings like " This product is to be consumed in WA state" This product can be habit forming" etc. and then it has to have a "tamper proof'" seal. We are just using a sticky strip that has WOW Weed printed over and over on it wrapping the strip around the product and if the strip is torn it has been tampered with. Then those products have to be packaged in their respective "lots" that we need to keep track of. We then have to report to the LCB reporting website that we intend to ship out those products, what the products are, to whom they will be delivered, who in our organization will be driving, what vehicle they will be driving, what route we are going to take, when we plan on leaving, etc. and the system issues a "transport manifest". Then we have to put those products in a locked camera monitered room for 24 hour quarantine so the LCB has the opportunity to come and check to see if we are trying to divert any of our product out of their tax system:-/ Then after the 24 hours who ever is supposed to drive it can go and deliver it to the previously indicated retail shops within the time constraint on the transport manifest. We are not supposed to deviate from the route at all or make any special stops along the way. When we deliver the product the retailer has to sign our transport manifest and then we have to keep those forever. Nothing is easy with these guys and the administrative part of this all is at least as time consuming as the actual growing if not more so:-(( Just have to keep telling myself though this is the beginning...this is the foot in the door. All of this will change, it is all a work in progress and if we can be flexible and hang in there it will all be worth it. Some growers are charging retailers $4000 an LB for their products which will work out to about $500 an oz for the consumer. I am staying out of it all at first because I do not want to be known as a money hungry leach even though as you can imagine we could absolutely use the money:) I am in it for the long haul though and want to have a good name in the industry so we will just sit back and wait until the dust settles a little bit before we jump in with both feet.

Last edited:
inthegorge

inthegorge

I doubt we will do the sog again unless we are in a circumstance where we need to get plants into flower really quickly. At this point we are letting the new ladies grow big and we will see over time how it all works out for us. If we could grow those lovely giant colas Mr. Kid is growing in his SOG it would be a different story but we obviously have no where close to his skills with this yet. I am fairly patient....hopefully we will learn what works the best for us and improve with each crop:-) As long as we can get a reasonable yield for our first crop I will be satisfied but one still wants always to do better don't we?

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Oh is that all ;) haha Now I know why you named your place WOW! As in WOW this is an insane amount of paperwork and tracking. After all that overhead $500/ounce is barely gonna cover the man hours. Such a crazy system. So when do you think you'll be delivering your first 5pack or whatever amount it'll be delivered in? Do you think you'll make the July 1st kick off?

Sorry, I ask a lot of questions.

inthegorge

inthegorge

I don't mind questions...that is what this thread has turned into....just information about the legalization here in WA state:-) The first day of legal sales will be July 8th actually. The first shop to be licensed was Westside 420 in Longview, WA and they just got the go ahead yesterday. We have been contacted by every retailer that hopes to be opened in July but I really want to stay out of the mess that is sure to be the first week of sales. With only about 15 growers that were licensed in time to have any product there will be critical shortages, I doubt anyone will be selling more than gram amounts at exorbitant prices, there is sure to be great demand and the novelty of it all and I really do not want to have our name associated with it all like that. If I sell our products at a reasonable price to a retailer and they have other products for really higher prices I am afraid the consumer would think our product is in some way inferior just based on price comparison so I am hesitant to do that but I am not selling anything for sky high prices and being a part of that issue either:-( It is a bit of a hard place to be if one has a conscience, or a wonderful place to be if not. We are thinking we may wait until about July 15th. I am pretty sure all the other product out there will be sold by then so working with 3 or 4 shops we could sell them each at least some but again that will all be gone in a day or so most likely. It is all just going to be very goofy I think all in all. We should have a large harvest in the beginning of September and another one in the middle of October that will really get us in the black. This harvest will just keep us limping along until then unless we were to sell it all at $4000 an lb which would solve so many of my problems but that puts me in the money hungry leach classification and I just will not go there no matter what. Got to stand for something and this is my moment:-)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Sounds cutthroat...best wishes on your journey! Cant wait to see the dried nug shot to those nice buds you posted a couple pages back. Peace

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

me and my friend ........ :eek::confused: @inthegorge :cool:

burn4me

burn4me

keeping Sophy in my thoughts and prayers. hope all is well. with that said
CONGRATS on the harvest. ive watched this since day 1 and man. its so awesome to see it come to a head for the first of many times. i cant believe the hoops they want folks to jump through. but seems more like they just want to discourage some people. but you are way too strong willed to give in and it shows. so happy for you guys over there. and may you have many many more fruitful harvests.

PS you rock the shit out of that mohawk ma'am!;):D

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Hey, can you hook a barcode scanner up to your computer to help you out? They are pretty inexpensive and may help speed your paperwork up...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I don't mind questions...that is what this thread has turned into....just information about the legalization here in WA state:) The first day of legal sales will be July 8th actually. The first shop to be licensed was Westside 420 in Longview, WA and they just got the go ahead yesterday. We have been contacted by every retailer that hopes to be opened in July but I really want to stay out of the mess that is sure to be the first week of sales. With only about 15 growers that were licensed in time to have any product there will be critical shortages, I doubt anyone will be selling more than gram amounts at exorbitant prices, there is sure to be great demand and the novelty of it all and I really do not want to have our name associated with it all like that. If I sell our products at a reasonable price to a retailer and they have other products for really higher prices I am afraid the consumer would think our product is in some way inferior just based on price comparison so I am hesitant to do that but I am not selling anything for sky high prices and being a part of that issue either:-( It is a bit of a hard place to be if one has a conscience, or a wonderful place to be if not. We are thinking we may wait until about July 15th. I am pretty sure all the other product out there will be sold by then so working with 3 or 4 shops we could sell them each at least some but again that will all be gone in a day or so most likely. It is all just going to be very goofy I think all in all. We should have a large harvest in the beginning of September and another one in the middle of October that will really get us in the black. This harvest will just keep us limping along until then unless we were to sell it all at $4000 an lb which would solve so many of my problems but that puts me in the money hungry leach classification and I just will not go there no matter what. Got to stand for something and this is my moment:)

If you sell your products at a reasonable price the retailers will just mark it up to what they think it is worth no matter what. I would get my money out of it. Everybody else will but you (unfortunately).

I would also switch to trees. Maybe try a very garden out in a small space. It's the same work, but less plants.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Only Good Vibes going to you and your Family...

IN PUN Only
As Frank Sinatra would say>>>>

"I Did it My Way"

Out Standing feeling Im sure
FlyJ

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

Positive thoughts for your daughter. Looks good.

The logistics of it sounds like a nightmare though. Good luck!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
WOW! I've just read through your posts and updates, @inthegorge and... good Lord, you must be an incredibly patient woman. Just reading about how you have to track the plants has me irritated beyond belief! How have you kept your sanity???

And it's kinda stupid that their website freezes up, etc, because I use a similar website to report what (organic) treatments I've used and it's damn near flawless. Hopefully through the next year or so they'll get that tightened up for producers like you.

In the meantime, prayers for your girl, because whatever is going on can't be fun and I know how we parents worry about our kids.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The state tracking process will wear you out and can take alot of the joy out of growing if you let it...curious to see what your final weight in the bag actually is that high of a plant count..an even better number to actually track is your manifested weight out the door to your wholesale customer base..don't feel bad about making the most money while you can, the market will correct all in good time but you sure don't want to be guilty of leaving money on the table, it is a business after all and you have to look out for you and yours

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

the road to hell is paved with good intentions
i have to agree with these other fine folks regarding getting as much as possible for your goods due to it being RECREATIONAL vs medical even though we both know it's the same most of the time, besides, picturing a 57 year old lady busting her ass in the garden so a kid running a store can have all the profit don't sit well with me
saw some wow industries stuff on analytical360's site...this is your's?

all the best to your kid
fwiw

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

ITG,The market dictates the price not you so get it while you can!Pay yourself back a bit,reinvest and breathe a little temporary sigh of releif.Even if you price yourself reasonably the gouging will happen on the retail end anyways,just business as usual.I personally think 500 zips are a shame but you are in a different world than black market now,you will never compete with it so stop trying and just do your own thing.Remember no one is forcing folks to buy $20 grams,they do it of their own volition.
Legal weed sure looks alot different then all of us pictured it doesnt it?Our government SUCKS but in time maybe things will get better,MAYBE,lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom