Calling all experts!

• Thread starter inthegorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolfe

Wolfe

Wow that’s massive. Keep me in on your progress. And good for you! I only work with like 24 plants for myself. I just about grew for Willie Nelson once, but I backed out because of issues I can’t really bring up. I can only hypothesize what I would do in your situation and I’m afraid without the proper experience with that much space, I wouldn’t want to give you the wrong advice. But if I had the opportunity to do what you are doing and I wish I was. I would grow organic and not push all this synthetic bottled stuff dispensaries use. It may yield less but it may become a niche market. I would also not use pesticides and would only use natural pest and mold control. I would do enormous mixes of super soil and run the same thing I do now, just on a massive scale. I use straight water after the soil is mixed, so all you have to do is get water to plants with pumps, timers, and make sure they are manicured/trained for maximum yield. You are going to need to test run for top notch genetics on a smaller scale or at least have them available and know damn well they are stable and perform well. You are going to need to budget what it is going to cost you in materials and resources to make it through three harvests, I would say. I say three because the first two could fail. You are going to need a team of reliable workers as well. Good luck, I wish I could help, hands on! Glad your dreams came true!

Wolfe

Wolfe

But hey, 25k. Is your budget? Do you have lights? Do you have power? Do you have water? Do you have workers that will work for what you are willing to pay them? Do you have nutrients? Do you have soil? All that stuff costs money. And it can cost a lot. Do you have fans? Ok now think of what it would cost to fill that space with equipment and how much it would cost to run it. And have help. I’ll look at the space you have again and maybe try to figure in an estimate. Cost me 10$ to grow a pound in nutrients on recycled dirt. 15 an hr min for your basic labor. Estimate how many people you will need.
I’d say a few at least and more on harvest days. Maybe up to 50 hr or more for a grower depending on skill level.. It could cost up to 1k a day in labor alone. If you’re running hydro you’re going to need to think in terms of water consumption and nutrients. What line? Bottom of the barrel nutes or top notch? How much water per month will you use and what will it cost? Licensing fees and taxes? How about security? I would research what it would const to make it through 3 grows minimum. It could be a crap shoot. Not too mention you’re competing with others that know what they are doing. Don’t let it discourage you just take it all into consideration.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Sometimes I don’t pay attention to dates on posts lol. I wonder how this person did?

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

I don't have money...I have intelligence and drive and since I took my first hit at the age of 22 I have wanted to grow weed without restrictions. The money I will be using is from friends and family that know my skills at growing in the past and feel I am competent and able to go forward with this. While WA states new law is not at all without restriction it is nonetheless doable and I am going to give it my all. I am not going into this blind...I know how to grow weed but not on this scale. I really am not looking for a debate on whether to do it or not...it is going to be done. Bantering about why is just a useless waste of time for me and some source of amusement for you all apparently. Thanks for the advice about Texas Kid....bought his book and it was a good read. No broken hearts here...no matter what the outcome. Apparently the assumption here is "Oh..some old lady wants to do something and she has no idea what is involved." That could not be further from the truth. I could put up 10 lights right now and do great. Using 40 in my flowering room alone is a different situation. I will keep on monitoring the thread and if anyone has anything relevant to share I would be ever so grateful:-)
High,
Being a kinda newbie at this has taught me a lot. I have had all kind of issues ph, temp humidity so I have seen setups u can get online for your size of grow ..but my friend premium weed take time and it truly is rocket science.....think I would hire someone knowledgeable to garden for you.....that’s a big big space and so much to get perfect for a great sell to a dispensary..they are picky picky .i see you have read a lot , me too, that’s how we learn.there are just so so many variables to a great crop and someone needs to over see every plant..good advice from one guy here with all the knowledge and willing to give in pm .listen to him.. but it is expensive and stressful as a full time job...really ty to find someone in your area with the same dream yours but with the knowledge and not the ability to be as lucky as you are with money and you will lower your stress lots.hang in there, I am 60ish female myself and their are good people on here with good ideas, not subway...lol. You can’t hurry cannabis by yourself , find someone to share your dream that knows what they are doing. From seeds to dispensary. Best of luck dear
Happy growing

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

The best advice i can give you is to go and find someone that is allredy growing in your area so he can tell you what are the problem and what to look for.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have grown for 35 years or more, and having a large grow isn't so difficult, but getting everything set up and everything dialed in is where the real headaches lie. It will really behoove you to have an experienced large-scale grower that can save you a lot of your headaches. A 1200 square foot grow is as big as I have grown, but scaling it up isn't too big of an idea if you have all of your ducks in a row before you attempt something like this. It would probably be a good idea to visit a another commercial grow somewhere and get an idea of what they are doing and some of the problems and headaches that they have had and solved. There are a lot of commercial Growers out there as well as in Canada that would probably have no problem showing you some ropes.

Bspecial2u

Bspecial2u

Haha...I don't have any hair anyway so no issues there:-) (condition called alopecia) I am not ignorant in any way. I have read most of the threads here and there seem to be some folks with intelligence and knowledge here so I am reaching out. I do my homework and thought maybe some people here do as well. I do not know that many people that are in the industry anymore and quite frankly I am dying to talk with someone about my ideas, what works for them, etc. I have no question that I can make it lucrative but I feel speaking with others with first hand knowledge is a good way to go in the beginning. Suggesting a Subway franchise instead of a grow op is insulting and of no value to me. I am not just doing this to "make money". This is a lifelong dream for me that is finally a realistic option and I could not be more excited by all the possibilities. No one here could possibly ruin my day by snarky comments...I am not a baby....I am an intelligent very driven person that is totally capable of doing this. Just looking for like minded people that may have considered such options themselves that might want to have a meaningful conversation about it.
Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry but most people don’t get it... I do.... I’m 59, I’ve grown something most of my life...tho’ my recent grow is new to me.... it is still a plant, needs the same environment to flourish, like yourself, I, want to add to my bottom line... I hope all is going well with your venture! The person that said you could use a head grower, to get you started made sense to me.... I would want them to come in for a flat fee, for a determined time, to “help” set things up to run smoothly! I can’t image having that much space, and having to do all the checks and balances needed by myself. Organization as you know will be key, listening to what you said, I think hydroponics would be the way to go..much quicker to market.. $25k isn’t a lot of money to me, to start a project like you are taking on. The ones that addressed you, it seem to me, thought it was... considering everything you will be purchasing... it’s not... yet very doable. I would suggest doing monitors for everything, humidity, temp, CO2 even water temp... I have accomplished this on a very small scale, our situation is very dif, I wish I lived in an area open to me doing the same! We all have our dreams and we should go after making them our reality. Let me know how it goes, expecting great things girl!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Be careful. The legal industry is a money trap... In Canada anyway... Still go cautiously!!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Be careful. The legal industry is a money trap... In Canada anyway... Still go cautiously!!
Isn’t everything is this world a money trap haha..

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Damn...i read the 1st page and then jumped to the last page to see how this woman did....damn someone save me the headache of reading the other 38 pages...Did she fail or succeed?

CaptainKhronik

CaptainKhronik

Greeting from the Beaver state! You started an epic thread. Such a good read. I just joined the farm. How are things going today, Dec. 2020? i hope life and green growing going are good for you! I believe in you!!

Kizza81

Kizza81

I live in wonderful WA state where I have just applied for my legal license to grow, have secured a 4400 sq ft warehouse and am looking for any reasonable advice I can find. I have been reading the threads here as much as possible but have not found too much info on using so much space. I have a 41'x34' veg space and a 58'x26' flowering space with 3 other closed off rooms of varying sizes for cloning etc and a 34'x12' space for drying and processing. I am a 57 year old lady that used to grow indoors 20 years ago and things have changed greatly since then:-/ If any of you experts could see it in your hearts or have time to give me some specific pointers I would be seriously grateful. This is all out in the open...don't have to worry about anyone "catching" me because it is LEGAL....never thought I would see that in my lifetime:) I am so open to knowledge and have a short window to get everything set up with a budget of about 20,000-25,000 to put into it. We will be the ground breakers for the rest of the nation and I can use all the help I can find! Do I grow hydroponically or with soil? Do I use the SOG method or go for bigger plants? I personally think that the fastest I can get a crop to legal retail outlets here the better because the market will be glutted quickly and since all my start up money is borrowed I need to get in the black as soon as possible. Also I think the first crop to hit retailers will bear the highest prices just so the retail shops can get moving. I have literally been waiting for this for the last 30 years and am so excited I can barely contain myself. I have so many questions and want to do this right from the start up. Glad to share my phone number and talk to anyone with good advice for me. Will have the building to start the set up by Dec. 15 and need to be ready and raring to go!
Listen I’ve been growing since I was 15 I’m fourty now and could and would love to help u get up to speed on today’s best technique I’m an organic soil growing indoor and out would love to have a chat any time is this wa oz cause I’m nsw and would love to no this legal thing wtf really!!!!!!

karolanne

karolanne

Listen I’ve been growing since I was 15 I’m fourty now and could and would love to help u get up to speed on today’s best technique I’m an organic soil growing indoor and out would love to have a chat any time is this wa oz cause I’m nsw and would love to no this legal thing wtf really!!!!!!
You just dug up a grave....

Kizza81

Kizza81

I don't have money...I have intelligence and drive and since I took my first hit at the age of 22 I have wanted to grow weed without restrictions. The money I will be using is from friends and family that know my skills at growing in the past and feel I am competent and able to go forward with this. While WA states new law is not at all without restriction it is nonetheless doable and I am going to give it my all. I am not going into this blind...I know how to grow weed but not on this scale. I really am not looking for a debate on whether to do it or not...it is going to be done. Bantering about why is just a useless waste of time for me and some source of amusement for you all apparently. Thanks for the advice about Texas Kid....bought his book and it was a good read. No broken hearts here...no matter what the outcome. Apparently the assumption here is "Oh..some old lady wants to do something and she has no idea what is involved." That could not be further from the truth. I could put up 10 lights right now and do great. Using 40 in my flowering room alone is a different situation. I will keep on monitoring the thread and if anyone has anything relevant to share I would be ever so grateful:-)
Hey mate yeah let’s be real f#*+%k them dumb humans that want to destroy instead of inspire shit shit human from my knowledge older woman no best no male ego rubbish I would love to help u if I can grow good grow happy

Kizza81

Kizza81

Awesome dream, wish I had the space your getting.i would personally start with half your space and get it working good and turning out product, then start tweaking the other half the way you really want it and have 2 seperate grows on alternating cycles, even the veg sides.that way you have spare plants ready if a problem comes along in one side.if you can also seperate the air systems you can do a better job of isolating problems like molds or bugs, just in case.would love to see you do a buildout here and journal it for us.
Dont worry about the experts and dont bring in any more extra people than you need to start.1st rule of grow op, tell no one lol.only trusted people should ever know of the ops location, and good security cams are a must.
Ps, im no expert but we share a similar dream :)
It’s a legal setup it’s ok to bring in Lagit help

Kizza81

Kizza81

Y
if you don't have $$$ then why do you want to grow in a warehouse??? 25k is nothing in this game. setup a 10 x 10 flower room and learn how to grow first. otherwise you are setting yourself up for a massive failure. how you plan on paying warehouse rent?? electricity?? water?? imo noobs should stay out of the medical game. last thing the market needs is more schwag.
our kidding bro try being kind like u said your a newbi

Top Bottom