Calling All Experts!!

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ABENAKI

ABENAKI

@ABENAKI Thank you man. I may have worded a tad heavy as far as expert. :cool: Was looking for anyone that has done it successfully......... Ya I agree even when using the traditional flip to flower mode I always go slow with the lighting regime in increments. One more ??? Were the genetics you mentioned feminized or regluar seed stock?
All reg beans. Im not sure classic even messes with fem seeds imho. After hearing these guys thoughts on cuttings my juices are flowin' wonderful advice. You guys rock.

mancdank

mancdank

You know I really like that idea. No loss of veg time and no stress to the donor plant.

Does putting a cutting in plain water really work???? Never tried that before @germinator
It will work the same as the method I use all the time other than I clonex it and stick it in a jiffy or cube I like the water idea too even easier :) since my hermie experience I do everything I can not to give them the excuse the only stress to the plants is topping it which most people do anyway

mancdank

mancdank

ExGen has some solid gear. Bean running his beans for years. Long live ExGen!!!!
1st time trying them tbh but so far so good massive germ rate only 1 no show out of 4 full packs :) all I've hears is good things though hence going for 4 packs at once :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Gotta run got some cuttings to take and basil, thyme and rosemary to plant. Much love and thanks a lot all.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
1st time trying them tbh but so far so good massive germ rate only 1 no show out of 4 full packs :) all I've hears is good things though hence going for 4 packs at once :)
No lie or BS in 4 years I have never had not 1 bean not pop in any packs.......... You will be happy with the results of his genetics......

mancdank

mancdank

Well a glass of water it is then. Will save me weeks of time if it workx. I love you guyz you all rock.

You are all my Cannabis Valentine today........... :p
If your pheno hunting do it with a cube or jiffy and just let em flower and root at the same time u will soo be able to see if the flavours are there with this method pheno hunting in a large scale can be done in very little space :)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
This is for my fishy gurl @Seamaiden Sea I found this while gathering info on my original post at the start of this thread.

Blue Light Sexing
The flowering response in cannabis plants is triggered by plant hormone PFR changing to PR during a long dark cycle. This PR is returned to inactive and the flowering response is mitigated when the dark is interrupted by red light around 660 nm. Blue light also has the ability to retard flowering response but is less effective. When Blue LED or fluorescent light is the only light used on an 18:6 light cycle, the plants will slightly begin flowering but will continue vegetative growth. After sexing they can be returned to a full spectrum light at 18:6 to produce more robust vegetative growth and halt the flowering process. This method works well for high plant count gardens that would make using the clone and sex method a bit tricky. It can also be used with a full 24 hours of continuous light.

My question is this, I still have some super blue actinic bulbs and ballasts from my reef keepin days. Do you know if these are the correct spectrum to achieve blue light sexing method as described????

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Out of curiosity is there any s1 in there genetics would be good to maybe take a cut and root as normal and run it as well as the plant that has been reversed to compare traits who knows they might be hermie prone anyway I would be very interested in the results if u decide to go this path :)
I'm not sure Bullfighter is Afghani Bullrider x Starfighter F2 TA

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Jumpimncactus. U can sex in bloom room. As soon as they show sex put back in veg. If they continue cut back. U can do this with the males also. Single leaf is usually from stress BUT normally they will grow out of the single blade. I have only had one continue as a single blade plant was a blk berry kush which is problematic for this. Hope this helps. M.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Jumpimncactus. U can sex in bloom room. As soon as they show sex put back in veg. If they continue cut back. U can do this with the males also. Single leaf is usually from stress BUT normally they will grow out of the single blade. I have only had one continue as a single blade plant was a blk berry kush which is problematic for this. Hope this helps. M.
You can do that for collecting pollin from a male just a glass of water why not a female.

philly kush

philly kush

My personal preference though to avoid the risks associated with reversal is take a cutting and put it on 12/12 and it will show signs of sex in no time with as little stress to the donor as possible hope this helps brother :)
Mancdank, good advice Ive been using that method for a long time, its easy & gives results fast

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Yes you can clone and sex them in a cup of water. I do it all the time with the under growth I trim up before flip. I have actually observed them rooting faster when flipped from veg to flower, may be just coincidence but their ready to go into medium in 6 days with pre-flowers and roots. The only problems I've had is some strain will never turn back to regular veg .

K

kolah

I've done this many times and found it flawless..just cut clones off them, tag em'and pop them into a clone machine and set with 12-12, For me they'll show their gender in 7-10 days...and some show gender even before they show roots. Although I've never put cuttings in a glass of water with 12-12 lights I'd bet it would work. No need for a clone machine really. I'll try it this Spring just for the hell of it.

If you choose, let the clones root out fully and use them yourself or gift them out.

just as a side note...I've had great experiences with fem seeds...no herms or weird shit but note that I have only used HSO and Dinafem fem seeds. Some of the reading I've done stated that Dinafem does a lot of fem seed production of other breeders regular seeds. Dinafem is a good company IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom