Calling On All Coco Guys Question???

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Right on fellas. :smoking: I appreciate you all taking the time. :) Some good input and feedback. :cool:

epitome

epitome

I haven't read the thread but has someone mentioned plagron coco? Just curious is all....maybe I should read duh tread...I'll be back

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I run Cyco coir straight out of the bag along with Cyco's base nutrients and I get excellent results. Don't even have to add extra cal-mag with my RO and base nute's. Not to mention I only have to run it at max flowering at an ec of 1.0 ( 500 ppm) And only do a once a week run-off.
Botanicare, when I first tried it some 10 years ago was some salty shit. They may have changed their washing techniques but I still don't recommend their compressed bales or their croutons.
DSCN0753

jipp

jipp

I run Cyco coir straight out of the bag along with Cyco's base nutrients and I get excellent results. Don't even have to add extra cal-mag with my RO and base nute's. Not to mention I only have to run it at max flowering at an ec of 1.0 ( 500 ppm) And only do a once a week run-off.
Botanicare, when I first tried it some 10 years ago was some salty shit. They may have changed their washing techniques but I still don't recommend their compressed bales or their croutons.View attachment 694931
what is the pretty purp plant in the corner.
hope you are having a great day.

chris.

Juicebox

Juicebox

Botanicare, when I first tried it some 10 years ago was some salty shit. They may have changed their washing techniques but I still don't recommend their compressed bales or their croutons.View attachment 694931
Yep the bales and bricks are crap but the bagged triple washed works good nowadays...i had the same issue with it years ago but its all good now its pricey shit in bags though i wont lie

justiceman

justiceman

Bales/Bricks indeed used to be crap, but they've come a long way. 1:1 slurry tests with distilled water is always a good idea if you are dealing with a coco brand in question. The test will tell you if it's good or not.

My last run was from a botanicare brick mixed with atami(they ran out of bricks at the store) and I didn't see any issues. Only thing that sucks about them these days is rehydrating hahaha. Even canna makes bricks now.
IMG 0267

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I mix mine with pearlite about 80/20 coco perlite, I use the kilo bricks and dump 5 or 6 gallons of water on it in a tote to expand. The 5 kilo blocks expand to about the same as a large bag and they are cheaper to ship because of size.(I live over 100 miles from the hydro store)
The perlite helps you to take full advantage of the quick drying/growth of the coco helping it dry even faster. Ive used straight coco and if you try and water straight coco like hydro you can over saturate the roots and have root problems, straight coco takes a couple days to dry enough to water untill they start drinking heavily.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Bales/Bricks indeed used to be crap, but they've come a long way. 1:1 slurry tests with distilled water is always a good idea if you are dealing with a coco brand in question. The test will tell you if it's good or not.

My last run was from a botanicare brick mixed with atami(they ran out of bricks at the store) and I didn't see any issues. Only thing that sucks about them these days is rehydrating hahaha. Even canna makes bricks now.
View attachment 695012
Yes they may have changed, but I'm one who holds back when a company sells a product that's questionable.

P

Pimples

Canna or Botanicare Readygro Moisture for years. Then Canna comes along with the brick and i havent looked back. Quality. Prebuffered. Alot cheaper m expand the bricks right in the bag. Its perfect. And imho..with the right sized pot (think smaller with coco) perlite is not needed. Leave that with peat mixes. But yeah. Canna loose. Nutrifield..Atami..Readygro...all good stuff. But the Canna brick is so damn convenient and cheaper.

S

SHIRDABZALOT

Used canna bag for long time. Now I use either house and garden or cyco. Both straight out the bag no rinse no problems. I feed EVERY time once or twice by hand a day in 5 gallon smartpots with the exception of a of ogbiowar tea once a week. Using heavy 16 A and B with prime fire and roots and the foliar til week 3 this round, no cal mag 6.0 ph until week 7 then drop to 5.8. Beastin and looking perfect on day 35.

Top Bottom