Calling Out The Organic Growing Machines

• Thread starter oldskol4evr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ecompost

Ecompost

NOG is just the line of nutrients, Nector For The Gods. Organic, doesn't boost yeild, but tastes the best I have ever had. that stuck Tight nugs, trichs are almost popping looks like, lol. You can add yeild booster type nutrients / additives, as long as it's organic or compatible with organic.
The acronym may be a misinterpretation of the name, "Nector Of the Gods"
Thx for the video, very cool.
yes I know NOG, I work for , new website will be done shortly, but this give a basic idea

mtownshend

mtownshend

@mtownshend not trying to be rude, just giving you a different point of view in case you have a desire to research others thoughts rather than sticking with your understandings. Ya dig? Sometimes you find something better sometimes you'll see why your method is superior but to not research them is not growing, it's being idle
Cheers

My method is not superior, it’s my method as with everyone else here. I been asking questions in most every post and not one answer but nog is shit.

Have ton of respect for your knowledge as well as a number of you and have learned a ton from that. Not one grow I’ve done has been done the same, always a tweak each cycle, most from info here.

I’ll just lurk as I’ve been doing since I joined, seems that works best.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

My method is not superior, it’s my method as with everyone else here. I been asking questions in most every post and not one answer but nog is shit.

Have ton of respect for your knowledge as well as a number of you and have learned a ton from that. Not one grow I’ve done has been done the same, always a tweak each cycle, most from info here.

nog might not work for some folks,you could say same thing about miracle grow,but if you got it tweeked to put medicine on the table so be it,as you say we all have difrent methods,,why would you let something so simple draw you back into the dark,just saying dont matter what we think,your the gardener,and guess what none of us agree on everything right,,you wouldnt even believe some the shit i done to get were im at,,so if anyone has the magic bullet that everyone no matter experience levels can market the perfect source for all no matter state of minds,level of use,and understand methods no matter iq,cast that first stone,,i sure as hell cant,,ive used many systems and there are some really good producers out there,but with all this said,keep in mind your monthly incomes ,some folk like me dont have any and most done here is shooting from the hip,,so dont lurk as you say ,contribute your thoughts and you would be surprised what may become of it,lmao sorry for the rant but there 4inches of snow on the ground in south texas,and that dont happen,hahahah my ass is cold,lmao

Organikz

Organikz

Nah bro it's not like that. Just trying to save you coin is all. I can make that stuff...a can of beer and 2 tsp molasses to a gallon of water. See....

Srenots

Srenots

nog might not work for some folks,you could say same thing about miracle grow,but if you got it tweeked to put medicine on the table so be it,as you say we all have difrent methods,,why would you let something so simple draw you back into the dark,just saying dont matter what we think,your the gardener,and guess what none of us agree on everything right,,you wouldnt even believe some the shit i done to get were im at,,so if anyone has the magic bullet that everyone no matter experience levels can market the perfect source for all no matter state of minds,level of use,and understand methods no matter iq,cast that first stone,,i sure as hell cant,,ive used many systems and there are some really good producers out there,but with all this said,keep in mind your monthly incomes ,some folk like me dont have any and most done here is shooting from the hip,,so dont lurk as you say ,contribute your thoughts and you would be surprised what may become of it,lmao sorry for the rant but there 4inches of snow on the ground in south texas,and that dont happen,hahahah my ass is cold,lmao

Magic Bullet ? hell ya

Magicbullet

brazel

brazel

Thanks for the kind compliment and i respect you asking questions and wanting more than just "it's shit".

hey I'll shine a little more light on this... so I haven't researched NOG, some of their product wouldn't be that bad... probably and those would be like silica or yucca or maybe others but there's better sources.

I believe I saw a post of yours saying you were looking for all 17 of bottle line and you have 15 now.. or something very close to those numbers.

17 bottles is ludicrous. It's like their selling individual elements! The only reason they'd produce such a big line is cause... well they're a company and the more they sell the more money make.

If you have certain bottles you'd like me to give my opinion on, let me know! And I say opinion to be kind ;)

What method of growing are you using?
If I remember correctly you kinda have amended soil and also bottle feeding?

If you're hydro it doesn't what bottle company you use, look at grows that use one bottle jacks I thinks it called or two bottle GH... you don't need all them different bottles.

Note, I checked out their site halfway thru writing this and well the descriptions of their products... was a good laugh.

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

I use it a lot, carbon in various forms has been a priority for me, The NOG regime has a carbon tea as one component that smells great. Carbon is important to some extent as well, we are all carbon based and need it. Calcium is important, virtually every other bottle in the NOG lineup has some calcium, they place a high priority on calcium. Their biggest seller, Herculean Harvest has all the calcium in liquid form you really need, but I haven't seen any problems with all that I add in addition to the Full NOG regimine and soil, but their PH up has a higher concentration and comes in handy when messing with the ph which I have learned can range from 5.4 to 7.0 depending on the micros that you want to give the plant at each feeding. NOG has a chart that's easy to read and pinpoints the PH and micros that allow it to pass to the plant. With the NOG regime it relies on your experience to notice the signs of any deficiency and adjust the ph to get the most to the plant on next watering.

So I stop with the Biochar at the worm phase and AACT, never noticed any benefit from putting it on the top of a plant unless your pots are full of worms, worms that passed the sieve as eggs or really small. You can always tell the pots with the most or least worms by the way the top of the soil takes on water without passing through to directly to the tray. I try to let the worm castings pass the biochar to the plant at the time of planting, just have to be careful to keep the super soil porous enough to let water pass through, from there on out I will put it in every other AACT. From what I have read aerating it will bring lots of benes and my tea is full of benes, I throw the kitchen sink in my mesh bag suspended above the bubble snake.

gives a lot of Calcium, I've not seen a sign of calcium deficiencies since using NOG

I have a worm farm that I have built up to 12 bins, I've got about 100+ lbs (3 large bins) of it stockpiled. Try to put a diversity of organic amendments in my worm bins, Compost (a perpetual compost in a 10g pail. where my coffee grinds, veggies, MY own EM2 and EM3, Biochar as well as a host of other biodegradables. Also spread some on top of the bins, the worms do the mixing. That rounds out all the micros spread some on the top at the start of a new tray. Azomite in copious quantities, SEA-90 and Roots Elemental (powdered Calcium that seems best when added to the worm bins and in the soil mix. Lots of various noso (kelp) from different sources seems to be the best amendment. I have a recipe I follow when I set up a new bin. I can post it, but I am not sure anyone is interested. There were 20+ amendments I tracked when making a batch of amendments for the bins so I can basically control the temperature (winter I put more and summer a lot less). The amendments have some nutes as well which will heat the soil, but have to be careful, I've lost a lot of worms adding too much in the summer. In the hottest times of the year I put a small amount in every week so the tray gets a standard amount over the 6 months it takes before the castings are ready and they have so many bene's in there, it gets watered in until I start to see a little leaking out, at which point I stop. Don't want to loose any of the benefits of the castings until it's been watered a few times at each transplant.

Read that plants like to be transplanted a lot as opposed to being stuck in a 5g pail and left there through harvest. I start with a .3g airpot (the real ones, not the crappy rip offs on amazon), move to 1g air pots, 2g airpots, 3-4g is usually where I stop, sometimes 2g, but I have every size, just a few of the 5g and 7g, expensive and not needed. All the airpots are expensive, but well worth the investment as opposed to bags. Just can't let them dry out, it's a pain to get the soil saturated unless I literally dip the whole pot in the nutrient and let it soak it up, usually takes on 2x the water than top watering. So I alternate from soak to top water, which is fine, the pots will take in water when the soil is moist a lot better.

Anyone interested in some castings I make, send a message. a 1 gal bag seems to hold a kilo, just about 2.2lbs, I sell it that way, if you want a lot I will put it in the appropriate size container. I been getting $20 off Craigslist per kilo, but I would be happy to sell it for $15 for anyone on the site and discounts for larger purchases (These go a lot further than what you may be buying and will have worms in them as well as eggs that if you don't let the pot dry completely, will become part of the Rhizosphere). Nothing better than moist living castings that will turn the water black the second you put the media bag in the bucket, before adding air. You can put it in a container and catch the runoff to get it in liquid form. Add a little carbs and you can let sit in fridge for a while. Castings work great as a deterrent to insects. I increase that by adding Neem seed meal (DTE) to my amendments. Thinking of trying the Neem cakes I am seeing more of lately.

Anyone been to a feed store lately? I recently saw they were selling Fermented Alfalfa, never seen before, but I have been adding it to my compost for a year or so now, I believe it has a lot of probiotics (I associate fermentation with probiotics and EM's as bene's that are passed to the castings and the soil. You can use them to get your compost started as well, seems the benes will work as an organic compost accelerant.
High five on offering castings for sale!

Reading this, I see a lot of good stuff you're taking the time to do, then I see a couple steps backwards on other methods you use.

IMO, it's either no till living soil or bottle feed. Combining methods while can be done, you're not getting everything out of the organic inputs you're putting in.

I'd suggested stop feeding veggies and stick to amendments for feeding. Cut back on the watering as well, even moisture is what you wanna aim for. Worms don't like water, when it rains they go deep or above ground.

Plants don't like to be transplanted, that's why they go into shock! The only reason people think they like transplanting is cause they grow after transplanting but that's cause they weren't in a proper size container. Best to start them in their final container.
Allowing runoff runs off the things you're working hard to get..
This info is based on no till living soil.

Organikz

Organikz

I'm so scared of all the sodium in kelp meal...lol...coot said it...kelp is amazing because it accumulates everything but sodium...

If I put fish hydrolysate it will fix...thats what I hear

brazel

brazel

I'm so scared of all the sodium in kelp meal...lol...coot said it...kelp is amazing because it accumulates everything but sodium...

If I put fish hydrolysate it will fix...thats what I hear
Of course man you have to use one bottle to counteract the other bottle you use just like the pills from the pharmacy that you're trying to get away from!

MAKES SENSE RIGHT:/

Organikz

Organikz

Crappy sodic acidic no till...if the guy had said excessive cations he would have been right but he went nitrate route...wrong!

Top Bottom