Calmag and diffrent makes question

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi people

I'm trying to understand calmag better, what I want to know us a out diffrent makes and diffrent amount of nitrogen in the calmag
I think i read before cal mag is made or derivative from nitrogen didn't read a lot into it.

Anyway.
Here is my question and problem

In growing in coco
My tap water is very soft 80-100ppm, if checked online it contains no calcium or magnesium what so ever

I'm using snoop dog nutrients for soft wate it's for soil / hydro and coco apparently, I do understand just coco nutrients is better but iv tried canna coco nutrniats many time and it's absolute shit from my experience loads of problems

So I'm using this snoop dog nutrniats , with calmag make is vitalink pic below. in coco 3rd week of flower the been looking dam good i add the calmag at 0.5ml a litre it is exactly 100ppm
All was great then 2 days ago I run out of this vitelink make calmag so I though I'd try the canna calmag agent shit i got here, I tried at 0.5ml a litre this = 200ppm then i tried adding less of it to just get 100ppm anyway trying both 100&200ppm of the canna calmag agent my plants have gone down hill very quick

So today i got a new calmag make with less nitrogen simular to my vitalink that was working well so hofully a day or 2 the be back good again.

He's is my question
Should I just go on half stegnth and full stegnth so 0.5ml or 1ml rather theb going in e.c for it
As below is the e.c from 0.5ml a litre of 3 diffrent makes calmag
^
So ml / e.c of makes below

Vitalink calmag 0.5ml a litre = 100ppm

Canna calmag agent 0.5ml a litre = 200ppm

shouhun calmag 0.5ml a litre = 100ppm

the vitalink and shogun nitrogen% is pretty close but the canna Calmag even is not

Vitalink calmag npk is 1.8-0-0
shogun calmag npk is 2.2-0-0
Canna calmag agent is 6-0-0

I'm wondering this
If i add canna calmag till i get 100ppm wich is about 3ml a litre i witch is less than half stegnth so I'm adding less than half strength to get 100ppm of canna calmag but becuase the nitrogen is higher it's taking up the e.c so really 100pm of canna calmag is not enough calmag as it's more nitrogen if this is making sense lol.

Pics if the 3 bottles
Calmag and diffrent makes question
Calmag and diffrent makes question 2
Calmag and diffrent makes question 3
Calmag and diffrent makes question 5
Calmag and diffrent makes question 6
Calmag and diffrent makes question 7

Them pic a are days ago before problems just wanted to show u guys :)

Calmag and diffrent makes question 4
Ph 007

Ph 007

Also if I tried canna coco nutrients again in future maybe I need full stegnth calmag agent 1ml that's 400pm why I say this is because my soft water nutrients works well in coco with added calmag , the soft water nutrients contains more cal and mag as its for aoft water.

But
Canna coco nutrients is for hard water so I need full Calmag. At 1ml 400ppm

So soft water half Calmag 0.5ml
And gard watwr nutrients that's canna add 1ml calmag

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Before we get into your question, please post your water test results for us. It sounds like that may be an issue.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It looks pretty clean to me. You do have quite a bit of phosphorus in there along with some chlorine. You should'nt really have water issues but we always filter our water anyway just because. Are you using a water softener?

Calcium (like in milk) and Magnesium are necessary to the plant. different companies make it in different ways but I suggest you look for OMRI listed products.

Ph 007

Ph 007

It looks pretty clean to me. You do have quite a bit of phosphorus in there along with some chlorine. You should'nt really have water issues but we always filter our water anyway just because. Are you using a water softener?

Calcium (like in milk) and Magnesium are necessary to the plant. different companies make it in different ways but I suggest you look for OMRI listed products.
I do leave my water sit 24hours to let the chlorine evaporate, what problems can to much phosphorus causes, didn't coco realise pk or something can't remeber now it suck the calmag out and realeaes something init I need to read about it again the charged irons so on lol see i need to read again.

So coco releasing p or k or I giving wrong I forgot I'll read now in Google, and then adding pk boost and then my ewtwr contains it so maye to much

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Coco eats (absorbs) magnesium so when growing in coco, you need to give a light amount every other feeding.
For the rest of it, I would confer with @Aqua Man or @Dirtbag. They are your coco-nuts. 😂

Ph 007

Ph 007

Coco eats (absorbs) magnesium so when growing in coco, you need to give a light amount every other feeding.
For the rest of it, I would confer with @Aqua Man or @Dirtbag. They are your coco-nuts. 😂
Don't need to tell me about them to guys haha the always help me, i always tell Aquarman hes my hero xx haha hes tought me so much

mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

I kept aquariums for a long time, including a saltwater reef with corals. When I moved to Seattle all of the things I was used to doing became obsolete and I really had to dig in on water chemistry. Eventually I learned a few key things... dKh is the 'buffering capacity' of water. Always adjust that first and the rest is less frustrating. If you are in the land of 'liquid rock' like where I live the total dissolved solids are >500ppm. Using a reverse osmosis 3 stage filter I get 50ppm. Using a Deionization resin stage I can reduce this to <10ppm which is almost lab grade water. The PH is still the same...but it's more 'reactive' at a lower dKh. There are aquarium grade buffering agents that can be added if you have acidic water, since acidic doesnt always mean low dissolved solids. Anything biological like peat or coco can break down and lower the PH without a buffer present. The PH scale is logarithmic so 6.2 is WAY more acidic than 6.5 and can crash quickly. Buffers also help with swings that occur when PH raises during lights ON and lowers during lights OFF. When I did Hydro I often just tossed all my water and replaced it with fresh RO rather than dicker with additives. With soil I feed nutes on Sundays and CalMag on Wednesdays, once I have moved up to 5gal sized pots or if I am growing directly in dirt.

Madmax

Madmax

I use canna classic with my rain water which is 10ppm and dont use cal mg very often..if im short every now and then when im mixing a certain ppm id just give them 10-40 ppm to get to the target.i use it prolly half a dozen times in veg at very small doses..most nutrients have it included in the bottle..the classic i use has cal mg so dont have to add it really only if i see signs..i use calimagic which is 1,0,0 npk..

Ph 007

Ph 007

I kept aquariums for a long time, including a saltwater reef with corals. When I moved to Seattle all of the things I was used to doing became obsolete and I really had to dig in on water chemistry. Eventually I learned a few key things... dKh is the 'buffering capacity' of water. Always adjust that first and the rest is less frustrating. If you are in the land of 'liquid rock' like where I live the total dissolved solids are >500ppm. Using a reverse osmosis 3 stage filter I get 50ppm. Using a Deionization resin stage I can reduce this to <10ppm which is almost lab grade water. The PH is still the same...but it's more 'reactive' at a lower dKh. There are aquarium grade buffering agents that can be added if you have acidic water, since acidic doesnt always mean low dissolved solids. Anything biological like peat or coco can break down and lower the PH without a buffer present. The PH scale is logarithmic so 6.2 is WAY more acidic than 6.5 and can crash quickly. Buffers also help with swings that occur when PH raises during lights ON and lowers during lights OFF. When I did Hydro I often just tossed all my water and replaced it with fresh RO rather than dicker with additives. With soil I feed nutes on Sundays and CalMag on Wednesdays, once I have moved up to 5gal sized pots or if I am growing directly in dirt.
Interestings stuff
I'll have to read more on this later.
When i do soil and peat I don't get problem didn't even need a e.c pen really as iv done it so long with them mediums. Just coco iv hit sll sngked drain to wast, or hand feed , top feed bottom feed auto pot,
Diffrent nutrients, calmag no calmag high feed low feed with and without calmag somtiems they grow great other times the terrible.
Getting run off and new oh pen and even manual ph test calibrating my equipment all is good with the equipment lol drive me mad

My tap water in I think Is about 7 if not checked it for months sure it's 7.1

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The correct amount of dolomite lime in the soil will auto-adjust the pH for you.

T

Titleist

How are your plants going downhill? From the pics I'm not seeing any calcium or magnesium deficiencies. Also not seeing nitrogen toxicity so what's actually wrong with the plants?

As you get farther into flower Calcium & Magnesium become less a factor. I personally don't add CalMag unless I see a deficiency or I know the strain is going to require more of both before adding any and after week 3 in flower I stop adding it altogether regardless.

Ph 007

Ph 007

How are your plants going downhill? From the pics I'm not seeing any calcium or magnesium deficiencies. Also not seeing nitrogen toxicity so what's actually wrong with the plants?

As you get farther into flower Calcium & Magnesium become less a factor. I personally don't add CalMag unless I see a deficiency or I know the strain is going to require more of both before adding any and after week 3 in flower I stop adding it altogether regardless.

These have been off calmag for about 3 days just keeping a eye on then now don't think they gone worst , but last week they stated to got a bit funny, I run out of vitalink calmag it had low nitrogen in it, so I had one her called canna calmag agent it has higher nitrogen in that, and they stated yellowing and red stem adding it not sure why , yellowing and mag defficcanys showing on some leaves by eye I can see it but camera i duno why don't show it

They all gone a tad pale the one haa more yellowing most them got tea stem showing a bit didn't have it before a d yellow tips not sure if that's over feed / lock out or light to bright but off calmag now I wanna see if they get worst

Leds are dimmed to 200w they are 240w reason is to same same electric for me heater the at 50cm away

Feed is 1.9e.c ni Calmag
was 1.6 this was with calmag in it, so 1.4+0.2 calmag
Then off calmag i tried 1.4 then 1.6 now 1.8-1.9
20221117 153034
20221117 152454
20221117 152506
20221117 152517
20221117 152549
20221117 152602
20221117 152651
20221117 152645
20221117 153052
20221117 152609
20221117 153042
20221117 153038
20221117 153120

Ph 007

Ph 007

The correct amount of dolomite lime in the soil will auto-adjust the pH for you.
I will try lime one day, I been meaning to for a year just never got round to ordering it not sure whwre to get it or what type I got NHL lime here, or I can get quick like from my builders lol

GrimReffer

GrimReffer

These have been off calmag for about 3 days just keeping a eye on then now don't think they gone worst , but last week they stated to got a bit funny, I run out of vitalink calmag it had low nitrogen in it, so I had one her called canna calmag agent it has higher nitrogen in that, and they stated yellowing and red stem adding it not sure why , yellowing and mag defficcanys showing on some leaves by eye I can see it but camera i duno why don't show it

They all gone a tad pale the one haa more yellowing most them got tea stem showing a bit didn't have it before a d yellow tips not sure if that's over feed / lock out or light to bright but off calmag now I wanna see if they get worst

Leds are dimmed to 200w they are 240w reason is to same same electric for me heater the at 50cm away

Feed is 1.9e.c ni Calmag
View attachment 1303706View attachment 1303707View attachment 1303708View attachment 1303709View attachment 1303710View attachment 1303711View attachment 1303712View attachment 1303713View attachment 1303714View attachment 1303715View attachment 1303716View attachment 1303717View attachment 1303720
I use calmag in early veg but that’s about it, getting a pre washed pre buffered coco is important. I always then pre buffer with calmag before using the coco. I also prefer to use Epson salt for magnesium as that’s what’s normally what’s lacking when using coco.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Feed is 1.9e.c ni Calmag
View attachment 1303706View attachment 1303707View attachment 1303708View attachment 1303709View attachment 1303710View attachment 1303711View attachment 1303712View attachment 1303713View attachment 1303714View attachment 1303715View attachment 1303716View attachment 1303717View attachment 1303720
I dont grow in coco, but, this looks more like a lack of nitrogen than a cal-mag thing.

Top Bottom