CalMag deficiency and bad PH?

• Thread starter Anncannabis2019
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anncannabis2019

Anncannabis2019

So this is my second grow in this tent, the first was not the most amazing but worked, I tried another time but they were hit with spider mites that I could not catch fast enough... Anyway, I was told this was a CalMag deficiency so I added a little bit of calmag to the water. On top of that, my PH won’t get better than 5... I have tried ph up a few times and it’s not getting anywhere with the levels. I really don’t want these to get any worse so what am I supposed to do here? Anything helps, thanks.

Calmag deficiency and bad ph
Calmag deficiency and bad ph 2
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Can you explain why your pH is 5 / is it tap water / how are you measuring it / how are you trying to adjust it ??

What is the Medium ?

Anncannabis2019

Anncannabis2019

I was using the typical ph up and ph down... I’m growing in a fox farm soil and I watered the day prior to the picture but I did water the entire bucket.. I put 6 ML of ph up in my water (tap water) and it got no where. I wanted to start small.. I’m new to this so I’m completely open to someone telling me I’m doing it wrong lol

growsince79

growsince79

I was using the typical ph up and ph down... I’m growing in a fox farm soil and I watered the day prior to the picture but I did water the entire bucket.. I put 6 ML of ph up in my water (tap water) and it got no where. I wanted to start small.. I’m new to this so I’m completely open to someone telling me I’m doing it wrong lol
Never heard of tap water being that low ph. You should use ro water with calmag

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
And stop with the calmag. Your "little bit" can go a long way to making things much worse 👍

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Tap water is alkaline to avoid acidic corrosion in the pipes, therefore how ever you're measuring pH would be where I would direct my suspicions; recommend two point calibration fluids for accuracy 4.0 & 7.0, or even better consider using pH drops for accuracy

Screenshot 20201229 100506 DuckDuckGo

Screenshot 20200315 174958 Chrome

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah you PH is likely no good and your pots are far to dry. The plants are starving and you shouldn't need nutrients yet so im going to say...

Water the entire pot. Microbes and plants need moist soil. Water the entire thing until you see just a touch coming out. Roots don't grow into dry soil and microbes can live in dry soil.

linde

linde

nitro is probably locked out and lowering your ph. I would flush 7.5-8 ph water a couple times through them. ya and water those plants more. ditch the cal mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom