Calmag deficiency during first week of flowering

• Thread starter beckerjeremey29
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beckerjeremey29

beckerjeremey29

Good evening growmies,
I just flipped to flower about four days ago and I am starting to see a deficiency(ies). It looks like a calmag deficiency to me. I've been battling this same deficiency for almost my entire veg cycle and about three weeks ago, I finally got it into check. I was thinking that there's no better time than now to flip to flower since I was finally able to make this lady happy. Now this. What would you recommend as a corrective action to halt this deficiency(ies) in its/their tracks or am I seeing things and ahe looks fine to you?

I'm currently growing in Indicanja Soil. My soil ph is 6.5 and she's in a 7 gallon grow bag. She's not rootbound from what I can tell.

Supposedly this brand of soil is supposed to be packed with nutrients to get you from seed/seedling/clone all the way to harvest. It's been in this soil for about 3-4 months. If the soil happened to have run out of nutrients, can I switch over to the nutrient line I am using with my other two plants, Nectar For The Gods? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Calmag deficiency during first week of flowering
Calmag deficiency during first week of flowering 2
Calmag deficiency during first week of flowering 3
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the forum.
From what I see you have a Magnesium deficiency problem not calcium.

I looked up your soil. It's very nice stuff. The missing link is this. No matter what you put in the soil a plant cannot eat it.
It must first pass threw the microbial life in the soil order to be available food for the plant.
Please watch this video.
Now you can make a small batch.
You can boil 1 potato in a liter of rain water. When cooled down blend it and dump it in a coffee can, add a handful of soil from your garden and filled it with rain water and mix well. Set it in the sun for a day. No bag just let it cook. Then strain it into a can and water your plant 10 water 1 microbe solution water well.
Really give the bag a soaking with this.

So take 2 L water add 2 cups of Microbe solution and add 1 teaspoon of Epsom salts.
Give the plant a good soaking with this solution.
It will take a day or 2 before you see your plants green up. But they will take right off.
and stretch.

If you feel like she needs nitrogen durring the stretch phase. Use the best compost you have or some of the leftover potting mix and do this with a little fish emulsion. Then water with microbe solution.

As you have been growing in a natural soil. Consider making this solution flowering asap so it's ready in 2 weeks when the plant is beginning to flower.

Last edited:
beckerjeremey29

beckerjeremey29

Hello and welcome to the forum.
From what I see you have a Magnesium deficiency problem not calcium.

I looked up your soil. It's very nice stuff. The missing link is this. No matter what you put in the soil a plant cannot eat it.
It must first pass threw the microbial life in the soil order to be available food for the plant.
Please watch this video.
Now you can make a small batch.
You can boil 1 potato in a liter of rain water. When cooled down blend it and dump it in a coffee can, add a handful of soil from your garden and filled it with rain water and mix well. Set it in the sun for a day. No bag just let it cook. Then strain it into a can and water your plant 10 water 1 microbe solution water well.
Really give the bag a soaking with this.

So take 2 L water add 2 cups of Microbe solution and add 1 teaspoon of Epsom salts.
Give the plant a good soaking with this solution.
It will take a day or 2 before you see your plants green up. But they will take right off.
and stretch.

If you feel like she needs nitrogen durring the stretch phase. Use the best compost you have or some of the leftover potting mix and do this with a little fish emulsion. Then water with microbe solution.

As you have been growing in a natural soil. Consider making this solution flowering asap so it's ready in 2 weeks when the plant is beginning to flower.
So top dressing with or watering with Epsom salt is not going to do the trick? I'm already adding Calmag to her feeding routine. Your bloom tea looks really good by the way.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The bloom mix is really good. So is what I told you to water with. If you look at what your potting soil is. Then think about it a bit you will understand why the microbe solution. And the seedling fertilizer with a little fish emulsion will smarten that plant right up in short order.

If you happen to have access to wood ash.
5 water 1 wood ash. Mix very well and let it settle. Skim off anything floating after an hour.
The clear liquid is super mineral solution. You can add a cup of this to the above and it makes for super plant food.

I grow 100% organic. I use this stuff bud.
I know what I'm asking you to do and I know what it will do for your plant because I use it.
You can ignore what I'm telling you and dump a bunch of chemicals in the pot if you want that's up to you.
All the best.

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

What strength of LED (true watts and dimmer setting), also how far away from the top of the plants? How much water and how often? Letting the pots dryback before next waterings?

beckerjeremey29

beckerjeremey29

What strength of LED (true watts and dimmer setting), also how far away from the top of the plants? How much water and how often? Letting the pots dryback before next waterings?
I don't know the true strength of the led, etc. The company's numbers are always shrouded in mystery. 300W is what the website says. The lights are about two feet above the canopy. I water them with a gallon of water,/nutrients. I do try to let the pots dry back Before the next waterings, but I try not to let them dry back completely.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I don't know the true strength of the led, etc. The company's numbers are always shrouded in mystery. 300W is what the website says. The lights are about two feet above the canopy. I water them with a gallon of water,/nutrients. I do try to let the pots dry back Before the next waterings, but I try not to let them dry back completely.
How often are you watering in those 7gal pots?
Have the LED model you use?

They look a bit overwatered to me, also if those LEDs are modern diodes lm301 2 feet may be a little too close.

Also the soil may be depleted after 3-4 months, so starting some kind of top dressing or a balanced nutrients feed would be a good idea.

What nutrients are you using?

Last edited:
NickSkyland

NickSkyland

The bloom mix is really good. So is what I told you to water with. If you look at what your potting soil is. Then think about it a bit you will understand why the microbe solution. And the seedling fertilizer with a little fish emulsion will smarten that plant right up in short order.

If you happen to have access to wood ash.
5 water 1 wood ash. Mix very well and let it settle. Skim off anything floating after an hour.
The clear liquid is super mineral solution. You can add a cup of this to the above and it makes for super plant food.

I grow 100% organic. I use this stuff bud.
I know what I'm asking you to do and I know what it will do for your plant because I use it.
You can ignore what I'm telling you and dump a bunch of chemicals in the pot if you want that's up to you.
All the best.
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try these organic solutions.

I have a fish tank just for plant water. I put silt that I harvested from the longest River in America (Missouri River) at the bottom instead of walmart rocks. 3 healthy sunfish caught with a net living happily in it. They get free food, security, and fresh water, I get their dirty water.

It works great, but sometimes, these monsters still need more of this or that.

If they get all they need, they grow like crazy and just want more. Kind of like people.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try these organic solutions.

I have a fish tank just for plant water. I put silt that I harvested from the longest River in America (Missouri River) at the bottom instead of walmart rocks. 3 healthy sunfish caught with a net living happily in it. They get free food, security, and fresh water, I get their dirty water.

It works great, but sometimes, these monsters still need more of this or that.

If they get all they need, they grow like crazy and just want more. Kind of like people.
Hey Nick welcome to the forum. Giant sun fish a. Well done!
We should chat some time.

beckerjeremey29

beckerjeremey29

How often are you watering in those 7gal pots?
Have the LED model you use?

They look a bit overwatered to me, also if those LEDs are modern diodes lm301 2 feet may be a little too close.

Also the soil may be depleted after 3-4 months, so starting some kind of top dressing or a balanced nutrients feed would be a good idea.

What nutrients are you using?
I water them every two to three days. Mars Hydro TSL 2000. I'm running with Nectar For The Gods.

Top Bottom