Calmag's

• Thread starter JohnnyRey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnnyRey

Hey guys I'm running an rdwc and in my buckets I currently have Calmag plus by botanicare and I am now realizing its a little high on N with the CS nutes so the question here is, would it be a problem if I switched my calmag to calimagic by gh and it got mixed with in my buckets that will have some leftover calmag plus since flushing the water out of my buckets doesn't really flush it all out there is always some leftover water.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Cal is cal, mag is mag, its the amount and when you use it that matters.

J

JohnnyRey

Cal is cal, mag is mag, its the amount and when you use it that matters.
I've been reading around grow diaries and I noticed some people saying that calmag plus is too high of N with CS nutes so i'm worried about maybe an N overload. Just taking precautions.

organix4207

organix4207

Id just cut back on the nutes a little to leave room for the cal/mag is all. I like to run a base of 200 ppm of cal/mag at 3:1 to the calcium. Then I go from there , I have a kosher right now in 3rd week of flower who like 280-300 ppm of cal/mag so ya never know
Watch your girls
I use grotek calmax and it's 2-0-0 as well. I feed light though , maxing out at 900 ppm in coco

J

JohnnyRey

Id just cut back on the nutes a little to leave room for the cal/mag is all. I like to run a base of 200 ppm of cal/mag at 3:1 to the calcium. Then I go from there , I have a kosher right now in 3rd week of flower who like 280-300 ppm of cal/mag so ya never know
Watch your girls
I use grotek calmax and it's 2-0-0 as well. I feed light though , maxing out at 900 ppm in coco
I've thought about doing that but then CS nutes recommend a 1ml per gallon of calmag and I'm worried if I start my calmag at 200ppm, not a lot of room left for my base nutrients which have the macro nutrients? Right now everything is fine I'm worried about overdoing N- when they get older.

organix4207

organix4207

I'm assuming at 1ml per gallon cs is assuming u are using tap water with some cal , mag and likely iron in it ?
Whatever you do don't use general hydroponics cal/mag plus !! Its really dirty and not good for hydro

J

JohnnyRey

I'm assuming at 1ml per gallon cs is assuming u are using tap water with some cal , mag and likely iron in it ?
Whatever you do don't use general hydroponics cal/mag plus !! Its really dirty and not good for hydro
Actually, I think they mean it with r/o water which is weird to me to but I usually don't try to focus on the recommendations of nute charts I just take it as a recomendation and read my plants.

J

JohnnyRey

How old are the plants and what is your target ppm ?
2 weeks, targeting about 350-400 they are at 390 right now ppm seems stable im waiting for that small fluctuation of up or down to be able to read them better.

organix4207

organix4207

At 2 weeks I'd be feeding my girls at 1/4 strength nutes and that includes the calmag product. I use approx 5 ml per gallon max so around 1-2 ml per gallon sounds about right

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Sometimes I use calmag when I flush. I reuse my coco and don't want to strip it out too bad with ro so I use a little calmag. Never caused me any issues. I use 1ml per gallon all the way through until flush then .5 ml per gallon to flush

Wisher619

Wisher619

if using Botanicares CalMg with RO I always run 5ml per gal until week 6 of flower then back off....When using Cal I use Cal first then raise my base and additives up to 1.8 ec....when backing off I just raise my base and additives to 1.8 compensation for the lack of CalMg ec....if that makes sense

Top Bottom