Cambodian Pure Lines

• Thread starter Cherokee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cherokee

i'd like to know more about the pure cam lines + wondering if RMS will be releasing these in pure form ?

thanks

B

bigbag

imo cambodian lines shine in hybrids as in thier pure form they tend 2 be 2 old school in nature(looks,grow patterns).in hybrids,esp with modern cultivars s.e.asian sativas shine,and buds swell with hybrid vigour.nothing wrong with pure s.e.asian sat's if u relish loose,spindly buds that take forever and r prone 2 herms.of course there r exceptions 2 every rule.exploring s.e,asian seed lines is very rewarding 2 cultivators seeking unique smells/tastes and highs,albeit a trying experience.thats why pure s.e.asian strains r generally low grade...but in hybrids,esp with modern elites,perform exceptionally

C

Cherokee

i would imagine Reef has many worked pure lines where most all the herms have been bred out..

i'm particularly interested in some of the pure strains so to pursue my personal favorite hobby, making true f1 hybrids with some pure strains i already possess + make some select crosses with a few rare elite cuttings.

Peace

B

bigbag

yeah cams dont have many herms anyway,mostly thais.sounds like u have a good plan

L

Limeygreen

Reeferman had said before on a forum that he had worked the Cambodian for a long time to get what he wanted, a Highly worked strain would be bred away from hermies. If you need proof just look for peoples grows with it in it.

B

bigbag

my bad.... Cambodian strains dont prone 2 herming.Thailand is home of the herm hehe

R

Reeferman

Every strain I have worked from cambodia have been totally full of hermies everything from that region is The cambodian , burmese and thai are all the most hermie prone strains around this big earth .
The cambodian were not as bad as thai but they were still pretty nasty !
Reef

B

bigbag

ahha...there u go.i assume if u weed out the herms theres some special specimens.ive always enjoyed the exotic smells tastes and looks od s.e.asian sats.ive heard modern day strains from that part of the world r primarily shwag,but some gems still must lurk

C

Cherokee

Breeding Out Herms

The cambodian , burmese and thai are all the most hermie prone strains around this big earth .

So how many generations of select inbreeding did it take to get results you were happy with ?

C

Cherokee

Also Reef, any idea when these might be released in pure for ?

N

Nirrity

Naturally, Cambodian was released only once! honestly RM offered a lot of pure lines Manga Rosa, Panama Red, Nigerian etc. but since those are breeding tools not many like them... I remember all the hype about Panama Red but when PR was released it was silence ar reefermanseeds.com, no one commented on 'how great the pure old-school PR finally released !' "most people just want what they don't have, it's a human fault"@Sam The Skunkman, so when it finally comes all the hype will vanish away. No one want what easily available.. Speaking of Cambodian Pure this is mind-warping weed very psychedelic, actually all my friends who smoke Phnom Penh think of it as shizo smoke and no one ask me to repeat the experience it's a whipping weed be careful and don't expect popularity on this one, this is for psychedelic smokers not entertainment smokers...

S

SnowCap

Nirrty,

I would have loved to get my hands on the Panama Red and the Senor Garcia that Reef made. Sometimes I wish we could rewind time.

Naturally, Cambodian was released only once! honestly RM offered a lot of pure lines Manga Rosa, Panama Red, Nigerian etc. but since those are breeding tools not many like them... I remember all the hype about Panama Red but when PR was released it was silence ar reefermanseeds.com, no one commented on 'how great the pure old-school PR finally released !' "most people just want what they don't have, it's a human fault"@Sam The Skunkman, so when it finally comes all the hype will vanish away. No one want what easily available.. Speaking of Cambodian Pure this is mind-warping weed very psychedelic, actually all my friends who smoke Phnom Penh think of it as shizo smoke and no one ask me to repeat the experience it's a whipping weed be careful and don't expect popularity on this one, this is for psychedelic smokers not entertainment smokers...

G

ganjatarian

I would love to get some of your cambodian...The Cambodian Pheno in the Phenom Phen was the best most tightest nuggyiest thing I ever grew (forgiving the 14+ weeks I remember it taking to bloom) But well worth it if your a afficianado of the total hightened sensory experience. Thanks again Reef for some great gear. Top Notch. G

N

Nirrity

Grow out cambodian#3 X C99 and look for cambo pheno. Grab them while available or 6 month later you will open a thread "when cam3 x c99 will be available again?"

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
I am testing out the Cambo#1 x C99 right now. Depending on my evaluation of the offspring, I may breed her into one of my lines of C99. Looking forward to the results.

Mosca

M

myst

I love the South East Asians! Most people have no idea what they are getting into with something like these. Much training is needed with an indoor monster and good luck finishing one outside.

I'd love to hear some reports on those cambo.99s! I bet the c99 brings the finish time down a bit.

Reef- Didn't you have a "how-to" on starting plants indoors and finishing outside? Maybe in an old Hightimes? Or am I just trippin on some sativa?

C

Cherokee

Folk IT, Ive Held This in Long Enough Now

Grab them while available or 6 month later you will open a thread "when cam3 x c99 will be available again?"

Maybe someone else will but i promise you it wont be me !

My future interest in RMS seeds ends with a few selected "pure" lines i haven't tried like Burmese, Cambodian & maybe one of the Mexican or Columbians if ever rereleased. I specifically want them for making f1's and possibly out crosses to bx some of my elite cuts with for personal seed stash.

As a long time RMS seed buyer, i must share my honest results.. Lol, still practicing Reef's signature slogan as my sig. :thinking

Results from growing these hybrids:
Double Skunk - no stand outs = no keepers
CBI - no keepers
Thai x Skunk or Skunk x Thai - no keepers
G13 x Burmese - no keepers
Willie Nelson - nothin special

Pure strain results so Far:
Kodiak Gold - hermie central, weak smoke, finally found a non hermie female.. Originally wanted KG to make mold resistant outdoor crosses but Guerilla Gold is way faster & way more potent.
Highland Nepalese - 7 males, no fems
Mazar I Shariff & Pure King < just grew out 1 pk of M.I.S. & 2pks of the "pure King. Most females of both strains hermied & even some of the males tried to go female before we killed them off..

Becuase of the results of the last 2 strains mentioned, my buddy says he'll never grow another RMS seed again and still holds me responsible for pushing the MIS & King on him to grow and seeding up some of his $$ girls, yes he's the same one that had shit luck with the KG & gave me his last beans of which i finally found that herm free KG from.

:time Ive been a long time Reef supporter but maybe its time to look elsewhere.

Hopefully this wont get deleted like my last post of truth and negativity cause i no longer have the patience to get to 50 post just so i can pow wow with Reeferman himself thru PM about my results..

Peace

C

Cherokee

I Preciate the Kind Remarks < wtf?

May have been Skunk x Thai (they were a R & D strain if i'm not mistaken) but i was sent those and the Cherry Bomb Indica at the same time by FORM via Reef's direction in late 06' or early 07', grew out in early 08' by myself.

:giggle starting to remind me of some of my classic spars @ IC with Rezdog (for not being one of his all agreeing puppets) ,, some were actually me standing UP For Reef..

Gooday:weed-sign:

Top Bottom