CaMg+ from GO

• Thread starter JayBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Recently read on another thread about this stuff (CaMg+ from General Organics) and interested as it does not have nitrogen. Only question is if it works same as other Calmag supplements and can be used in hydro, or does it require some other enzyme or bacteria to be broken down? Seems like this would be good for blooming plants rather than the calmag with nitrogen... Anyone have experience with this please post.

Thanks!

JB

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Very interesting question jaybee.. ive been wondering the same thing.. im running BioCanna right now, but supplementing with CalMag from botanicare.. i know its not organic, so im reall considering switchin to CaMg+

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
maybe i will send them an email as it seems no one here knows... will let you know if i find out more

jb

T

TheAngryCook

im useing the whole line from GO not sure tho but if you read the feeding chart http://farm3.static.invalid.com/2474/3725744436_b3313bb997_o.jpg look at the bottom left hand side "Keep Nutrient Reservoir Aerated" hope that helps.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Recently read on another thread about this stuff (CaMg+ from General Organics) and interested as it does not have nitrogen. Only question is if it works same as other Calmag supplements and can be used in hydro, or does it require some other enzyme or bacteria to be broken down? Seems like this would be good for blooming plants rather than the calmag with nitrogen... Anyone have experience with this please post.

Thanks!

JB
I just picked up some of this stuff, thought I was going to get the GH Cal-Mag, but then when I saw the numbers I said, Naw man, I want a supplement that won't change my numbers. Just started using it on some of my coco babies, so far so good but it's been less than a week.

That said, I don't believe that this product requires microbial or enzymatic action for it to be bio-available for the plants. Not if you can foliar feed the stuff (and you can).

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Got a reply today from the company, here is what they said:

The GO CaMg+ would be better suited for your system through the usage of a biofilter. You can read about the process here. I have heard of some people making the CaMg+ work in Ebb/Flow, however I have also heard of it causing slime and filming. I would play it safe and use the biofilter if you want to work with the GO CaMg+.

So I guess this means i will try it out on the hempy buckets but stick to calmag or Magical for the ebb and flow system...

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Hey all, i got my package today including my go calmg. This stuff is deff not like the cal mag we are used to. Looks and smells organic. Would not want to put in my rez, also would not want to foliar spray this stuff... However I will be giving it a try in my hempy buckets going foward, especially in flower.

JayBee

true grit

true grit

Been using the GO CaMag+ for a whole grow pretty much....but it was organic soil app. If you are looking for an organic Ca supplement with no N, then check out CalPlex from Organicare. That looks like it would be fine in hydro. Age Old also sells a product called Calibur20 that is an organic Ca addititve. And i can tell you from experience, while stil organic and does cause films, if you keep it moving in a res, i bet it would work fine. Neither are as sludgy/Worcestershire sauce as the GO CaMg+....stuff worked great but also had a higher ppm than regular calmg+ or calplex.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Been using the GO CaMag+ for a whole grow pretty much....but it was organic soil app. If you are looking for an organic Ca supplement with no N, then check out CalPlex from Organicare. That looks like it would be fine in hydro. Age Old also sells a product called Calibur20 that is an organic Ca addititve. And i can tell you from experience, while stil organic and does cause films, if you keep it moving in a res, i bet it would work fine. Neither are as sludgy/Worcestershire sauce as the GO CaMg+....stuff worked great but also had a higher ppm than regular calmg+ or calplex.

Now you tell me!!! :)

O

Oregonic

I started using CaMG+ then added some GO roots and now I am doing my first run with CaMg+, Roots, BIO Weed, BIO Thrive grow for my veg and CaMg+, Roots, Bio bud and Bio Thrive bloom for the rest. Also using clearex for flushing. If all goes well I am gonna add the remaining parts of the GO line, but so far I love the product. Running it in 50/50 FFOF/LW and getting some nice root mass!

O

Oregonic

Went to pick up some more bio bud and bio thrive bloom and my homie at the hydro store said that he had to pull them off the shelves because they didn't get certified organic..... talked him in to selling me his last bottle but I am gonna be pissed if they don't get their shit together, love these nutes so far.... 12 days into flowering and massive bud sites already!

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Nope. I have this bottle of the go calmag stuff i will use up slowly on my hempy buckets. Then went back to the botanicaire calmag for the ebb and flow system.

I think the calplex does not have any mag, right?

Top Bottom