Can’t correct this issue.. what could it be?

• Thread starter meerkat67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meerkat67

I started having issues show up through the leaves a few weeks ago, all I was doing was ph’ing my res off to 5.8 and not reading EC or PPM as I didn’t know about this. I was getting signs of what I think are ph fluctuations on my leaves.. so I bought a blue lab guardian set up.. my process is as follows now. I keep my coco damp at all times by feeding once a day 2l with about 20% run off and that’s taken away. I mix my nutes (1ml/L up in a 70l so 70ml of each thing I use, apart from silica what is 0.2/L) res and ph that and then I take away some in 5l containers and start adding ph water to my res to bring my EC/PPM down. When I have it at 850ppm and 1.2 EC I then PH that and feed.. my temps are 25c and humidity is 50-60%.. I have three 600w MH lights in a 2x2x2 tent. They are ready to be flipped to 12/12 now but I want to know why I’m having these issues with my leaves?? They have plenty of growth coming through and are taking off but something isn’t quite right? My PH at root level is between 5.6-5.8. Any help would be appreciated.. if I’ve left out helpful information please let me.

Cant correct this issue what could it be
Cant correct this issue what could it be 2
Cant correct this issue what could it be 3
Cant correct this issue what could it be 4
Cant correct this issue what could it be 5
Cant correct this issue what could it be 6
Cant correct this issue what could it be 7
Cant correct this issue what could it be 8
Cant correct this issue what could it be 9
Cant correct this issue what could it be 10
Cant correct this issue what could it be 11
Cant correct this issue what could it be 12
Cant correct this issue what could it be 13
Cant correct this issue what could it be 14
Cant correct this issue what could it be 15
M

meerkat67

Hey bro, I’ve just ran out.. the CMX additive in second to last photo is a cal mag.. I think you could be dead right though. I might rise my ph in my pots to 5.9-6.0 so it can get all it needs of it.. reckon that could be a goer?
Hey man you feeding any calmag to them at all? Looks like it could be calcium and magnesium deficiency

S

Scano13

I’d keep the ph around the 5.8 to 5.9 and just feed it cal mag with you’re other nutrients, growing with coco is known for cal mag deficiency, they don’t look in bad health at all though keep it up man

A

Alwispy

I started having issues show up through the leaves a few weeks ago, all I was doing was ph’ing my res off to 5.8 and not reading EC or PPM as I didn’t know about this. I was getting signs of what I think are ph fluctuations on my leaves.. so I bought a blue lab guardian set up.. my process is as follows now. I keep my coco damp at all times by feeding once a day 2l with about 20% run off and that’s taken away. I mix my nutes (1ml/L up in a 70l so 70ml of each thing I use, apart from silica what is 0.2/L) res and ph that and then I take away some in 5l containers and start adding ph water to my res to bring my EC/PPM down. When I have it at 850ppm and 1.2 EC I then PH that and feed.. my temps are 25c and humidity is 50-60%.. I have three 600w MH lights in a 2x2x2 tent. They are ready to be flipped to 12/12 now but I want to know why I’m having these issues with my leaves?? They have plenty of growth coming through and are taking off but something isn’t quite right? My PH at root level is between 5.6-5.8. Any help would be appreciated.. if I’ve left out helpful information please let me.
Hey 👋 where did you come up with your nute formula ? I am using CX products as well and find them to be way strong. CX has a programmable chart here. I still find their recommendations produce way high ec’s. I was told the ratios between their products is important so I mix a smaller batch then I need. Check the ec of that and then dilute with plain H2o until I get the ec I’m looking for. Double check the ph just before feeding and adjust that as needed.

You said:
“I have three 600w MH lights in a 2x2x2 tent “, you seem to have a shitload of lights in a tiny 2x2.
Good luck, cheers.

http://cxhydroponics.net/nutrient-calculator/

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
That looks like classic light stress to me. Curling edges, taco-ing, yellowing between veins.
The first thing I noticed was 3 600w Halides in a 2' x 2' space...? That's a lot of light, and potentially heat.

I'm not familiar with nutrients requirements for coco......it seems like a lot of stuff but I don't know.

P

PahPahCee

The first thing I noticed was 3 600w Halides in a 2' x 2' space...? That's a lot of light, and potentially heat.

I'm not familiar with nutrients requirements for coco......it seems like a lot of stuff but I don't know.
lol you beat me to it. Agree that doesn’t make sense.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
lol you beat me to it. Agree that doesn’t make sense.
Yeah I know space can be limited but for 3 600w Halides, I'd try to use a 5' x 5' space, and see if I could replace 1 with a HPS conversion bulb.

M

meerkat67

Hey 👋 where did you come up with your nute formula ? I am using CX products as well and find them to be way strong. CX has a programmable chart here. I still find their recommendations produce way high ec’s. I was told the ratios between their products is important so I mix a smaller batch then I need. Check the ec of that and then dilute with plain H2o until I get the ec I’m looking for. Double check the ph just before feeding and adjust that as needed.

You said:
“I have three 600w MH lights in a 2x2x2 tent “, you seem to have a shitload of lights in a tiny 2x2.
Good luck, cheers.

http://cxhydroponics.net/nutrient-calculator/
Yeah the ECs are really high! I don’t understand because it’s just going off their feeding schedule. I see what you mean.. I will just make up half and dilute as needed.. I’ve just been trying to find something that works at the moment hey. Ps, the 2x2x2 is in metres.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I see a lot of people mentioning about the lights. The 2x2x2 was in units of metres not feet.
Ahhhhh.....that makes much more sense. Darn you incompatible measurement systems!! ;)

So about 6ft x 6ft. Nice gor 1800watts of Halide. Can you do a conversion buld for 2 or 2 of them?

M

meerkat67

Ahhhhh.....that makes much more sense. Darn you incompatible measurement systems!! ;)

So about 6ft x 6ft. Nice gor 1800watts of Halide. Can you do a conversion buld for 2 or 2 of them?
Haha, it’ll get ya! I’ve just flipping them so they are now hps lamps/bulbs in there.

Top Bottom