Can’t Figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips

• Thread starter Baztan0815
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Baztan0815

Baztan0815

Hey, I’ve been getting this yellowing on my indica And I can’t put my finger on it. Have tried flushing with neutral pH water and nothing it’s just on the new growth the old leaves look fine and it’s only on the Tips and it’s bright yellow mustard colored I’m going to attach some photos please if anybody could help me out that be great stay blessed everyone
Cant figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips
Cant figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips 2
Cant figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips 3
Cant figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips 4
Cant figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips 5
Cant figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips 6
Cant figure out the yellowing only on the new growth tips 7

linde

linde

my tap water is at 7.0 so I add 3-4 drops of ph down per gallon. I shoot for 6.5 ph. high ph can show yellow on new growth cuz of iron deficiency. not sure if that's your case though.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Curious, since I can not see any in this photo (maybe they are in the bottom of the bucket), do you have drain holes in this bucket? Seems silly to ask, but many new growers don't think along these lines of thought sometimes...sorry to ask if you already have this done, just trying to understand your problems 👍

Baztan0815

Baztan0815

Yeah I drilled like 8 or 9 1/2 inch holes on the bottom. And don’t worry lol ask away I wanna know what’s going on this is my first grow lol

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

9 1/2 holes? N🤣 Not sure how you drilled that half hole out, but if you are watering this amount of soil (in a 5 gal. bucket) for that size a plant, then maybe (not sure) you have been adding nutrients and supplements to the medium (soil) along the way....and, if this is the case the roots have made it out to the hot medium you have created by feeding nutes before they were needed.... in other words, you have created a hot bed for your plants to grow into.....maybe a good flush now will help the plant to rebound 👍

Baztan0815

Baztan0815

lol 1/2 inch drill bit... will flush soon just kinda scared cause I’m using soil that feeds when watered

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey, I’ve been getting this yellowing on my indica And I can’t put my finger on it. Have tried flushing with neutral pH water and nothing it’s just on the new growth the old leaves look fine and it’s only on the Tips and it’s bright yellow mustard colored I’m going to attach some photos please if anybody could help me out that be great stay blessed everyoneView attachment 1066491View attachment 1066492View attachment 1066493View attachment 1066494View attachment 1066495View attachment 1066496View attachment 1066497
How close is your light

NeverMrs

NeverMrs

I agree with iron deficiency to a point. pH should fluctuate sometimes to allow different nutrients to be absorbed by the roots. The middle of the leaf is yellowing due to iron deficiency, the tips also look like they're yellowing in one of the pictures which is nutrient burn, too many nutes, but since iron is short, I agree with the pH assessment. If it hasn't fluctuated throughout the growth, it's getting the same nutrients over and over and can't get the others.

If you aren't adding anything to your water, do you have any idea what the EC of your water is? Or the EC of the medium? If not, I'd just drop your pH down to 6 and slowly raise it a point each watering to find the "sweet spot" for that particular soil mix.

NeverMrs

NeverMrs

Light can be deceiving also, use regular lighting and watch for almost blue leaves. Good indication that they're being over fed.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

my tap water is at 7.0 so I add 3-4 drops of ph down per gallon. I shoot for 6.5 ph. high ph can show yellow on new growth cuz of iron deficiency. not sure if that's your case though.

I agree with the pH/iron theory.

pH 7 is a little high, and high pH means Fe and Zn can become unavailable to plants. Since it only shows on the young growth, it's an immobile nutrient in the plant. The plant cannot move immobile nutrients from old plant parts to young, growing parts when they become scarce.

linde

linde

I agree with the pH/iron theory.

pH 7 is a little high, and high pH means Fe and Zn can become unavailable to plants. Since it only shows on the young growth, it's an immobile nutrient in the plant. The plant cannot move immobile nutrients from old plant parts to young, growing parts when they become scarce.
well said. I think high ph is a common and overlooked problem with many growers. Most tap water is on the high side to start with. Cal-Mag and other nutrients can raise it even more. Before you know it you're in a world of trouble. Every grower should have a ph tester handy.

Baztan0815

Baztan0815

Just an update, checked the ppm on the soil by runoff and got 1600 but I got scarred and did a slurry test of soil 2 inches deep and got 300. I believe ph had to do with the problem but I just noticed I wasn’t giving enough water to reach the bottom of the 5 gallon I was feeding 2 qts every day. Just flushed her and gonna mix a batch of nutes up with the ac runoff water and hit her with 1000 ppm and prey. Happy weekend everyone ! Planning on flipping her to flower next week I just wanted to figure this out first

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just an update, checked the ppm on the soil by runoff and got 1600 but I got scarred and did a slurry test of soil 2 inches deep and got 300. I believe ph had to do with the problem but I just noticed I wasn’t giving enough water to reach the bottom of the 5 gallon I was feeding 2 qts every day. Just flushed her and gonna mix a batch of nutes up with the ac runoff water and hit her with 1000 ppm and prey. Happy weekend everyone ! Planning on flipping her to flower next week I just wanted to figure this out first
2 quarts everyday = the soils never drying out; recommend feeding till you get a substantial amount of runoff and then not feeding again for probably three days or so until they dry to a point where they are asking for water would be my way to do it, others may feel differently

So also you didn't mention pH of your run off or slurry test, and if I had a difference of 1600 to 300 PPM I would redo the slurry test, good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom