Can A Carbon Scrubber On My Intake Reduce Humidity....

• Thread starter Dabowabo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabowabo

Dabowabo

First let me say I'm a beginner grower. Any and all ideas are welcome and greatly appreciated. as I have search the internet far and wide for the answers I am looking for. I have a grow room roughly 14 x 9 x 8. I have two 8 inch fans, one intake and one outtake. they both have scrubbers on them currently. I am contemplating removing the intakes scrubber as i am concerned it may be robbing humidity. before we get into the actual details. Does anyone find that the humidity coming in through their intake directly matches the source wether indoor or outdoor. for example if my outside air is roughly 40-50% humidity by the time it makes it. to the grow room it should roughly be the same? this however has not been the result as i can't seem to get my humidity to settle in above 40%. again any and all suggestions are appreciated. thanks in advance!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
First let me say I'm a beginner grower. Any and all ideas are welcome and greatly appreciated. as I have search the internet far and wide for the answers I am looking for. I have a grow room roughly 14 x 9 x 8. I have two 8 inch fans, one intake and one outtake. they both have scrubbers on them currently. I am contemplating removing the intakes scrubber as i am concerned it may be robbing humidity. before we get into the actual details. Does anyone find that the humidity coming in through their intake directly matches the source wether indoor or outdoor. for example if my outside air is roughly 40-50% humidity by the time it makes it. to the grow room it should roughly be the same? this however has not been the result as i can't seem to get my humidity to settle in above 40%. again any and all suggestions are appreciated. thanks in advance!
No... and actually the more humidity the less life you get out of the filter.

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

And welcome!!!!
Thanks! IM curious where my humidity is getting lost along the way. In my case the outside humidity generally stays between 40-60%. So in my theory the air getting pumped in should have the same humidity? am I wrong?

hiboy

hiboy

Yes if your bringing in humidity at a lower level then of course your room will drop possibly to that intake humidity
If your level coming in your intake is the same then no
Hb

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

Yes if your bringing in humidity at a lower level then of course your room will drop possibly to that intake humidity
If your level coming in your intake is the same then no
Hb
If i were to shut everything down and let the room idle by itself it would go straight to 15% no idea why. just where it sits. with a big humidifier i can keep between 35-40% my trouble is id like my humidity to sit at 45% and then have the humidifier raise to 50-65%. this has been a constant struggle. thanks for your response

Blakeus

Blakeus

Ok so I have a similar question I grow in about a 10x8ish room with a tent in one corner that's is a 4x4. I have two fans in the room both with 440cfm, one is hooked up to the tent pulling hot air out of it an straight outside. The other is hooked but to a carbon filter sitting on a stoll in the 10x8 portion of the room but outside of the 4x4 tent in the corner. I bud in my tent an veg in the other corner beside it, now the veg portion sits at like 74-78F with about 20-25% humidity. The bud tent sits at the same humidity but a tad bit hotter sometimes peaking in the low 80s.

The question I have is I need to raise the humidity in both room by a good bit. Ideally I'd like to have my veg sit between 55-60% and bud at 35-45%. If I get a small humidifier an put it in the veg and raise the humidity in there will it pass through the carbon filter and raise the bud tent as well since the intake for clean cooler air is in the veg room?

Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Ok so I have a similar question I grow in about a 10x8ish room with a tent in one corner that's is a 4x4. I have two fans in the room both with 440cfm, one is hooked up to the tent pulling hot air out of it an straight outside. The other is hooked but to a carbon filter sitting on a stoll in the 10x8 portion of the room but outside of the 4x4 tent in the corner. I bud in my tent an veg in the other corner beside it, now the veg portion sits at like 74-78F with about 20-25% humidity. The bud tent sits at the same humidity but a tad bit hotter sometimes peaking in the low 80s.

The question I have is I need to raise the humidity in both room by a good bit. Ideally I'd like to have my veg sit between 55-60% and bud at 35-45%. If I get a small humidifier an put it in the veg and raise the humidity in there will it pass through the carbon filter and raise the bud tent as well since the intake for clean cooler air is in the veg room?
Personally, i would put the filter in the tent and exhaust from there. From you're tent are you exhausting to the room or to outside?
My flower room is 8' x 12' although i only use 4 x 8 of it for flowering right now

Blakeus

Blakeus

Personally, i would put the filter in the tent and exhaust from there. From you're tent are you exhausting to the room or to outside?
My flower room is 8' x 12' although i only use 4 x 8 of it for flowering right now
The only exhaust I have runs from the bud to outside and the reason why I wanna put it in the veg is because it will help speed up my grow time by a lot and needs to be raised the most. I'm just not sure if I do put in the veg if any of the humidity it adds the the veg room will make it through the carbon filter and into the bud tent. That's what I was wondering

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

Try cycling you're exhaust with a timer to allow the humidity to rise from the respiration of you're plants.
So I'm making a bit of headway! maybe.......... so I've set my intake to about 5 min on and 15 off. and set my outtake at low to medium so as not to cycle the air to fast. i managed to sustain 50% humidity until the intake kicked on. that cold air is robbing the humidity. so my theory now is if i put a T in my ducting and route some warm air into my intake do you think that might help the issue at all?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So I'm making a bit of headway! maybe.......... so I've set my intake to about 5 min on and 15 off. and set my outtake at low to medium so as not to cycle the air to fast. i managed to sustain 50% humidity until the intake kicked on. that cold air is robbing the humidity. so my theory now is if i put a T in my ducting and route some warm air into my intake do you think that might help the issue at all?
I thought you had you're scrubber on a chair in the veg area?
Leave you're intake fan off then.

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

I have both of my fans mounted to the ceiling. I guess that brings the next question is air flow more important or humidity? my first impression is humidity.

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

Again thanks for your time and knowledge it is greatly appreciated!

Blakeus

Blakeus

I have my scrubber on a stoll in my veg. Sorry for the confusions he is the original poster of the thread I just stumbled upon this thread while looking for the answer to my question which is somewhat related. Also my apologies if I intrude on your thread man

Dabowabo

Dabowabo

I have my scrubber on a stoll in my veg. Sorry for the confusions he is the original poster of the thread I just stumbled upon this thread while looking for the answer to my question which is somewhat related. Also my apologies if I intrude on your thread man
No worries! hopefully you'll find the answers your looking for!

Top Bottom