Can a clone be brought back to veg?

• Thread starter GrowingIn805
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowingIn805

Okay so I bought a clone about a month and a half ago and I almost lost it because I didnt know what I was doing. Eventually I was able to get some organic nutrients and it came back to life. However now it has gone into flowering and I am curios to know if it can be put into veg again. Do I leave it be or do I trim off the growing bud?
Can a clone be brought back to veg
Can a clone be brought back to veg 2
Can a clone be brought back to veg 3

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Okay so I bought a clone about a month and a half ago and I almost lost it because I didnt know what I was doing. Eventually I was able to get some organic nutrients and it came back to life. However now it has gone into flowering and I am curios to know if it can be put into veg again. Do I leave it be or do I trim off the growing bud?View attachment 1976994View attachment 1976995View attachment 1976996
Whats your location? How many daylight hours do you get if outside? If inside how many hours of light are you giving it?

In short the answer is yes, just takes time.

G

GrowingIn805

Whats your location? How many daylight hours do you get if outside? If inside how many hours of light are you giving it?

In short the answer is yes, just takes time.
I'm in Central California more specifically San Luis Obispo and the grow is outside. The days are starting to get longer so we are getting about 12 hours of light at the moment. I believe one reason that flowering began besides it being a clone of a plant that was probably close to flowering is that before I took it home it was getting lots more light in a indoor set up at the dispensary.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I'm in Central California more specifically San Luis Obispo and the grow is outside. The days are starting to get longer so we are getting about 12 hours of light at the moment. I believe one reason that flowering began besides it being a clone of a plant that was probably close to flowering is that before I took it home it was getting lots more light in a indoor set up at the dispensary.
The reason it flowered is because its getting 12 hours or more of darkness. Add supplemental lighting to get you to 18 hours of light.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Short answer yes...almost 5 months old now....these pics..Jan 3 & March 25 ish
img_3132-jpg.1956752

img_4938-jpg.1956739

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You are at about 14 hours now. Unless you are living in a canyon. Outside, it should start re-vegging pretty soon. I am about 500 miles north of you.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Okay so I bought a clone about a month and a half ago and I almost lost it because I didnt know what I was doing. Eventually I was able to get some organic nutrients and it came back to life. However now it has gone into flowering and I am curios to know if it can be put into veg again. Do I leave it be or do I trim off the growing bud?View attachment 1976994View attachment 1976995View attachment 1976996

I've taken clones from plants that were less than 1 week away from harvest and reverted them back to Veg. As others stated, the answer is yes, it just takes time. Sometimes it can take up to a month and having clones in a dome for that long can be very difficult because they tend to "dampen off" or get fusarium fungi, but with a little TLC that can be avoided. Depends on the strain, too. Some strains are harder to clone than others, but same general rule, once you see roots put them in their new home whether it's soil/hydro etc.

Last edited:
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Clipping taken and rooted from photo

This took about 2 weeks , then it started to grow , 18/6 cycle .

Then over the next month it changed.

3084A641 2355 4B8F 8771 470CD4BA4409
0C35D905 8CB5 4458 8C63 2F5D91D9D69C
C3C786F4 3EF2 4B2F 83D9 EDEB21AC9999

m8ty

m8ty

Yea just leave it outside because as the days get longer and the nights get shorter the plant will stop flowering and start vegging all by her self.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I lived in SLO for about 1 year I stayed at the Grand Hotel across the street from the rail station for a while and in Los Osos/ Morrow Bay off and on until the 80's. I worked for Cal Trans highways dept. for about 6 months in 1978....Those were the days. I thought they'd never end........ I remember well....Always like'd SLO a very pretty California Town.

Top Bottom