Can a Cloner use clear plastic?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

Heard there was light issues, but look at these videos?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YYY6mqbIn4[/YOUTUBE]

Anyways, was trying to make a cloner out of this

Can a cloner use clear plastic

hotRod

hotRod

Clear allows light to transfer to the water
Algee with grow super fast

can-i-hit-it

can-i-hit-it

i used those before u must change the water out once a week or algee will start to grow

MARTA

MARTA

Office Depot sells solid black HDPE totes that come in a variety of sizes, perfect for building aeroponic/bubble clones.

RobotChicken

RobotChicken

Those clear cloners were made by the Cloner Company for customers to be able to see whats going on inside the machines. I bet those clones were not even rooted in those machines.

They were most likely brought the store and placed inside for customers to see....

Not for production or for any other reason.

Use a black container

RC

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ +1 those are for demo

I have a friend who uses the clear tubs though - hes too fucking lazy to paint them

he says the usually root before he gets algea - lol

squarepusher

squarepusher

Those clear cloners were made by the Cloner Company for customers to be able to see whats going on inside the machines. I bet those clones were not even rooted in those machines.

They were most likely brought the store and placed inside for customers to see....

Use a black container

RC

oh, duh I get it. Thanks :D

M

MIway

They do work fwiw... local shop roots tomatoes in there & gives em away... did see green at the bottom though.

B

Budshoteyes

Just mount a skirt around them and you can peek through any time!
I skirt with Reflectix .....you can use almost anything...just wrap it around and tape the ends together or tie them.

M

MTM

Use a black container

RC

Every shop in the southeast has those demos set up,they are clear to show you how they work,use a dark color and you wont have a problem

K

kes5480

I just painted with flat black paint and never had a problem since

B

Budshoteyes

Painting defeats the purpose of the clear cloners......just wrap them! It's easier and doesn't stink!

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Bloodshot is right just wrap it, using spray paint will come off when washing between cycles. I use a clear low tote with a blue top. 3 18" air tubes bubble it, with the clips glued to the base with goop. 7 days or less success rate

Top Bottom