Can advanced nutrient be used in organic soil?

• Thread starter BlueberryNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Hi! So, this is a noob question...
I've always thought I was growing 100% organic, but since I bought sensizym, bud candy and rinho skin from AD I’m not so sure anymore, I can’t see much infos online, are these nuts fine to run a full organic grow cycle without killing my soil life or these are not organic and will just make my npk organic nutes useless?
I’m sorry if my English sucks😂
I’ll appreciate any help!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you have to feed it, it is not organic. Organics are always in 'Living soil'. Living soil means it feeds the plants, you don't.
There are a couple of ways to do this, start with a living soil and amend it a bit for cannabis, this is what we do, No till grow boxes (similar to Earth boxes), or outside in the wild.

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Thanks! I usually put some mycorrhizae and lactic acid bacteria I made myself to make soil richer... anyway are there any organic solutions to replace these from AD?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Where do you live? Many products are not available in other countries.

elduderito

elduderito

If you have to feed it, it is not organic. Organics are always in 'Living soil'. Living soil means it feeds the plants, you don't.
There are a couple of ways to do this, start with a living soil and amend it a bit for cannabis, this is what we do, No till grow boxes (similar to Earth boxes), or outside in the wild.
This is simply not true - coco coir is an inert organic soilless medium, yet you have to feed it... sure you can amend it and add your inputs upfront and then simply water, but you can also feed it (with organic inputs or otherwise..) with liquid/powdered ferts, foliar sprays, top dressing...

No-till organic soil is not the ONLY way to grow organically...

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This is simply not true - coco coir is an inert organic soilless medium, yet you have to feed it... sure you can amend it and add your inputs upfront and then simply water, but you can also feed it (with organic inputs or otherwise..) with liquid/powdered ferts, foliar sprays, top dressing...

Coco absorbs magnesium and causes shortages in straight organic grows. It should not be used in organics because it throws them off.

If you want to feed 'organic' nutes, I don't consider that organic, its a hybrid.

Reactions: PK1
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Would be a hybrid approach yep. To answer OP's question though it's absolutely OK to use those together, the AN nutes won't harm the microbial life unless you used enough to also harm the plant.
but it won't be organic anymore, from a purist standpoint.

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

There is something I don't get: the basis of organic growth is that the bacteria and fungi in the soil eat the organic matter to make it assimilable by the plant, but this is impossible in coco being inert without life, am I wrong?

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Would be a hybrid approach yep. To answer OP's question though it's absolutely OK to use those together, the AN nutes won't harm the microbial life unless you used enough to also harm the plant.
Thank you! I have one last question: is that bad using these? I mean in the end will I get a quality bud without chemical residues? (I'm a fan of grow organic)

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I see how you are. Calling me names when my screen is turned... 🤣

Observationist

Observationist

Hi! So, this is a noob question...
I've always thought I was growing 100% organic, but since I bought sensizym, bud candy and rinho skin from AD I’m not so sure anymore, I can’t see much infos online, are these nuts fine to run a full organic grow cycle without killing my soil life or these are not organic and will just make my npk organic nutes useless?
I’m sorry if my English sucks😂
I’ll appreciate any help!
you can

Observationist

Observationist

Nope, not bad if you know why you use what you use, and use it appropriately.

I highly recommend watching this in its entirety.

love this video, and all the work this man does, i have been thinking about actually applying at Utah for plant sciences.

Observationist

Observationist

i mean u can add the microbes.
There is something I don't get: the basis of organic growth is that the bacteria and fungi in the soil eat the organic matter to make it assimilable by the plant, but this is impossible in coco being inert without life, am I wrong?
i use mycos and such in my coco.

Latest posts

Top Bottom