Can an AC Infinity controller control AC?

• Thread starter DickieTea
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DickieTea

DickieTea

I’m looking at purchasing an AC Infinity controller regardless, but I’m curious if I can set it up to control an Air Con unit to both heat and cool?

DickieTea

DickieTea

I assume this would only control the heater or the cooling and not both?

Newty

Newty

I assume this would only control the heater or the cooling and not both?
Like above said, has to be hard switched.

Do you need to use a heater at night and an a/c during the day? If so you would need 2 control plugs and 2 separate ports on your Controller 69 and then you can set each separately.
If it's winter and you don't need the a/c, you can just control the heater and when summer comes, switch the heater for the a/c and change the settings.

2 things:
If you haven't bought the Controller 69 yet, buy the Pro/WiFi version so you can monitor and adjust settings from anywhere you have cell phone service, the non pro version will only allow you to view and change settings while at home.

Make sure you know the amp rating of your breakers, wiring, and outlets and don't overload them.
Also remember that some circuits can can be connected to multiple outlets, lights, etc and even run through different rooms.

If you can't switch appliances with the seasons and want both plugged in year round with 2 separate AC Infinity Control Plugs, I would plug each into a different circuit. Those types of appliances usually have high wattage/amperage and I wouldn't want them on the same circuit, just in case they came on at the same time.

Top Bottom