Can anybody help me with these Microscope pics?

• Thread starter The_word
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The_word

The_word

Hey Farm Fam,

So I recently invested in a USB microscope and have taken some pics of my 3 ladies.

Can any help with some advice as to when they should be ready?

Details:
I am growing:
2 Super Lemon Haze, sativa dominant plants with an advertised flowing time of 67 days.

1 Franco's Lemon Cheese, sativa dominant plant with an advertised flowing time of 70 days.

All the plants are on day 62 of flowering.

I will post the pictures up separately.

Thanks in advance lovely people, have a great day.

✌️

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Those look nice I'm ordering one next month myself. The trichromes on your plants look nice they look not clear enough to harvest just yet. But I'm no expert. Good Luck.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Those look nice I'm ordering one next month myself. The trichromes on your plants look nice they look not clear enough to harvest just yet. But I'm no expert. Good Luck.
You don’t want to harvest with clear trichs, that indicates that they are not ripe. You are looking for milky or amber colors. Milky for the more energetic high and amber for the more sedate.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i don't see any amber trichrome wich mean you'll have probably 1 to 4 more weeks to go, most people want to harvest when they have first amber trichrome showing up to 25 to 30% amber trichrome depending if they like their weed more couchlock or more energetic.

never give to much credit to harvest time given by the breeders.

picture of the whole plant would help it's a bit hard from your photo to see how swollen are your calyx, but look like you have a lot of brown hair, so you'r probably close to harvest.

The_word

The_word

You are waiting for these to turn milky or amber, your preference. Looks as if they are just starting to turn, about twenty percent milky at this point. Still a ways out.
I am guessing about 10 / 14 days as that would take them to week 11. They are thick with resin. Going to wait until they show some amber but I like sativa because of the energetic high with a touch of couch lock lol

The_word

The_word

i don't see any amber trichrome wich mean you'll have probably 1 to 4 more weeks to go, most people want to harvest when they have first amber trichrome showing up to 25 to 30% amber trichrome depending if they like their weed more couchlock or more energetic.

never give to much credit to harvest time given by the breeders.

picture of the whole plant would help it's a bit hard from your photo to see how swollen are your calyx, but look like you have a lot of brown hair, so you'r probably close to harvest.
I will put some pics up of the whole plants later when I get home. Thanks 😊

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like some of these shots might be sugar leaves, not buds. You want to focus on the bud trichomes when looking for amber.
It also helps sometimes to dim down your grow lights so you get a good picture .... Otherwise with full lighting, your picture might "look" cloudy due to lighting glare. The absence of any amber is a tell tale sign that they are not done. I see zero amber in your pictures.

The_word

The_word

It also helps sometimes to dim down your grow lights so you get a good picture .... Otherwise with full lighting, your picture might "look" cloudy due to lighting glare. The absence of any amber is a tell tale sign that they are not done. I see zero amber in your pictures.
Noted, thank you I will try and get some more pics later so all the tips I can get are great.

The_word

The_word

OK so taking your guy's advice I took these right up close to the buds in a completely dark room.

Thanks again for the help lovely people.

Peace ✌️

Top Bottom