Can anybody tell me what this is please?

• Thread starter Ryandep6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mothman

Mothman

@Ryandep6, I’m still hung up on your extended periods between watering/feeding in straight coco. Maybe I’m missing something. In any event, I’ll toss out this link that addresses watering when growing in coco. For what it’s worth….

R

Ryandep6

@Ryandep6, I’m still hung up on your extended periods between watering/feeding in straight coco. Maybe I’m missing something. In any event, I’ll toss out this link that addresses watering when growing in coco. For what it’s worth….
Thank you for that article, im going to start watering twice a day 600ml one with feed one with out. I am new to this mothman so i have a hell of alot to learn. I appreciate all you help and advice

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Do we know why LEDs tend to give plants this problem?
I do not. I'm not sure anyone knows. I've followed more than a few discussions about it, but have yet to see an answer. My guess it has something to do with the light spectrum LEDs emit. Lowering the light intensity is known to help. Maybe increasing the distance would, too. Changing the light is the quickest fix, but increasing the Mg works too. I think most growers change the light and add Mg, and then slowly raise the lights as the plants can tolerate the increase.

And is Epsom salts the best thing to add?
Many soil growers use it, including me. It certainly isn't the only source. I think Epsom Salts are commonly used because they're inexpensive and readily available. Cal-Mag has Mg, but Ca, too, and increasing the Ca may not be necessary.

Is there something better?
Not to my knowledge. Epsom Salts can be mixed with water, top dressed or foliar fed to the plants.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Can any one tell me what this is please?
Got Bugs?
B8341049 9004 4162 9A12 81A9371472F2
593DA77F 4BED 416D 9ADE 65ADC80811AC

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
A lot of deficiencies are caused from bugs,
The pictures above are of your plant pics,
What I circled could possibly be a bug,
Thrips love to travel and feed on top of the leaves,
They can be seen from the naked eye in most cases.
Spider mites are under the leaves and stay there and breed until the colony is established.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I do not. I'm not sure anyone knows. I've followed more than a few discussions about it, but have yet to see an answer. My guess it has something to do with the light spectrum LEDs emit. Lowering the light intensity is known to help. Maybe increasing the distance would, too. Changing the light is the quickest fix, but increasing the Mg works too. I think most growers change the light and add Mg, and then slowly raise the lights as the plants can tolerate the increase.

Many soil growers use it, including me. It certainly isn't the only source. I think Epsom Salts are commonly used because they're inexpensive and readily available. Cal-Mag has Mg, but Ca, too, and increasing the Ca may not be necessary.

Not to my knowledge. Epsom Salts can be mixed with water, top dressed or foliar fed to the plants.
Cool, I didn't know any of that, thank you. So what do I do with the Gypsum I have? I'm afraid to foliar feed.......I'll just get the floor and walls wet, and then have to spray the residue off......I'll have iron claw hands from squeezing the spray bottle, but

Maybe something LEDs do, or don't do, that's different from the sun.......that accounts for the deficiencies

R

Ryandep6

A lot of deficiencies are caused from bugs,
The pictures above are of your plant pics,
What I circled could possibly be a bug,
Thrips love to travel and feed on top of the leaves,
They can be seen from the naked eye in most cases.
Spider mites are under the leaves and stay there and breed until the colony is established.
I have checked wht you see is coco fibre from fan blowing when its dried slightly

Latest posts

Top Bottom