Can anyone explain why my roots are so embarrassing lol... pic inside

• Thread starter ItsFlooK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ItsFlooK

ItsFlooK

Hi guys, ive used /r/microgrowery in the past but I'm not getting the best answers and looking to hopefully find someone with decent experience.

I grow indoors in a 4x4 tent and coco coir. I use Advanced Nutrients coco range A+B and Big Bud and Calmag too. I ph and adjust my solution so that its 5.8 to 6.3. I maintain around 25c temp inside the tent (can get up to 30c on really hot days but I try avoid this) and the humidity is high in veg and low in flower.

I feel like I'm doing most things correct but I'm clearly far from it. I was super excited to check out the root ball after the recent grow (Platinum Gorilla from In House Genetics) and this is what I got.... https://i.redd.it/vecazp0iljd71.jpg - obviously this is disappointing !! I have to say though the buds were actually ok and the plants appeared big and healthy. It's exciting to think i've got loads of room to improve but also a little frustrating that I'm not getting the best results after a few years of work.

If anyone has any suggestions or if you know what your doing and wouldn't mind educating me I will be forever grateful. I've sunk a lot of time into this hobby and really want to get better at it.

Thanks for reading

elduderito

elduderito

what was your watering routine - frequency, quantity, run-off%...?

ItsFlooK

ItsFlooK

what was your watering routine - frequency, quantity, run-off%...?
I've done 4 plants in 5Gal fabric pots in a 4x4 and it took a lot of time and effort watering. I would put 4L to 5L through each plant roughly once per day (sometimes every 2 days) and this would be enough to get a decent amount of run off. It also meant that 4 x 5L = 20L so I was mixing a new bucket of nutrient solution near enough every time they needed a feed.

Enforcer

Enforcer

It sounds like you are growing in plain coco. I also grow that way. Two things come to mind reading your post. First, Advanced Nutrients use “pH perfect” technology. Meaning if you add pH adjusters it throws off the mix and can cause issues. I even called their hotline and they said if my solution is anywhere between 5-8 pH it’s good to go. I did switch nutrient lines after that grow.
Second, I started in 5gal pots too. Always at least 1/4 of the coco at the bottom had no roots. I then moved to 3 gal pots and current flower run is in 2 gal pots. Fed 4x a day in flower. The pot is crammed with roots and the plants look great. Perhaps if you reduce your pot size and you increase the feeds per day you’ll get the results you’re looking for.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I grow indoors in a 4x4 tent and coco coir. I use Advanced Nutrients coco range A+B and Big Bud and Calmag too. I ph and adjust my solution so that its 5.8 to 6.3. I maintain around 25c temp inside the tent (can get up to 30c on really hot days but I try avoid this) and the humidity is high in veg and low in flower.

I use Autopots with coco and AN Trio for nutes. This is from last years plants and is typical of what comes out of pots. I think this was a 3 gallon pot.

At the end of the grow I don't recycle the coco. There are too many roots.

The autopots also make watering much easier.

DSC05489a

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That was the strongest one Gal flex I’ve ever seen that stem is ridiculous 💪💪💪💪
That was halfway through the grow. This is parway through flower. The last is near harvest.

Yeah I cooked that bug gelato. Had a few drunken timer mishaps. Shameful but reality.

Needless to say I feel rootbound is 99% myth unless the roots are breaking through the pots

20210102 101236
20210126 172634
20210106 194104
2Bad

2Bad

That was halfway through the grow. This is parway through flower. The last is near harvest.

Yeah I cooked that bug gelato. Had a few drunken timer mishaps. Shameful but reality.

Needless to say I feel rootbound is 99% myth unless the roots are breaking through the pots
You need to put me onto that Gelato. It looks like some gassss

Scar818

Scar818

You have been hiding this from meeeeeeeeee the gelato goliath

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You have been hiding this from meeeeeeeeee the gelato goliath
Was given to me by a member here... I promised I wouldn't send it out but I can pm ya his name and can prob work something out with him for me to be able to send ya some cuts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom