Can anyone give me advice on meauring Led brightness and distance, so on

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Dam is their anything else to learn init lol, in 2 years if learned so much off this forum it's crazy..

In the past before going into growing with a Bit more science
I would just use hps and all I knew was water temp, room temp and humidit and Google for Hps light distance and e.c and ph
All above was all I new lol ,now i know so much my head hurts

steamroller

steamroller

Lux is just another form of light measurement .
PAR rules for plants .
The VPD is part of how the plant survives .
The charts represent levels to keep your plant happiest .
DLI is like a rain gauge for light . It measures how much per daylight cycle .

Ph 007

Ph 007

Lux is just another form of light measurement .
PAR rules for plants .
The VPD is part of how the plant survives .
The charts represent levels to keep your plant happiest .
DLI is like a rain gauge for light . It measures how much per daylight cycle .
You lost me on DLI , it measures how much per day ligh cycle. I don't under stand that lol.
I know you can pick the hours of lights that your or on 12 or 18
But don't get what you mean or how to use it

steamroller

steamroller

Daily Light Integral Daily light integral (DLI) is the amount of PAR received each day as a function of light intensity (instantaneous light: μmol·m-2·s-1) and duration (day). It is expressed as moles of light (mol) per square meter (m-2) per day (d-1), or: mol·m-2·d-1 (moles per day). The DLI concept is like a rain gauge. Just as a rain gauge collects the total rain in a particular location over a period of time, so DLI measures the total amount of PAR received in a day. Greenhouse growers can use light meters to measure the number of light photons that accumulate in a square meter over a 24-hour period.

Taken from ; https://www.extension.purdue.edu/ex...mental lighting or retractable shade curtains.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Lux and Par are just measurements of the amount of light per second.

DLI is your daily average of how much light your plant will get in a 24 hour period. You can run 1000 umol/s for 12 hours a day and your DLI would be the same as running 500 umol/s for 24 hours.

This becomes a problem when people don't pay attention to it. For example: person running their lights at 80% throughout veg and then leaves them at 80% when they drop their lights from 18/6 or 24/0 to 12/12. Significant drop in DLI without reducing the intensity of the light.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Daily Light Integral Daily light integral (DLI) is the amount of PAR received each day as a function of light intensity (instantaneous light: μmol·m-2·s-1) and duration (day). It is expressed as moles of light (mol) per square meter (m-2) per day (d-1), or: mol·m-2·d-1 (moles per day). The DLI concept is like a rain gauge. Just as a rain gauge collects the total rain in a particular location over a period of time, so DLI measures the total amount of PAR received in a day. Greenhouse growers can use light meters to measure the number of light photons that accumulate in a square meter over a 24-hour period.

Taken from ; https://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/HO/HO-238-W.pdf#:~:text=DLI is an important variable to measure in,they need supplemental lighting or retractable shade curtains.
Ok Thanks I'll read into this now lol

Ph 007

Ph 007

I'll be honest guys I'm fucking lost 😟
This is total new to me, I got some reading to do

I'm getting some of it not all yet

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Get a proper quantum meter (par). Dont guess.

unrooted clones: - barely any light
seedlings: - 100 - 250 ppfd
early veg: - 200 - 400 ppfd
late veg: 350 - 600 ppfd
beginning of flower: 550 - 700 ppfd
height of flower: 650 - 1000 ppfd

These are all approx ppfd values, no CO2.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Right now I’m running about 35DLI at the canopy with my auto. And I think 500ppfd. Your plants look good.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Then you have exactly the right amount of lights to run them at 100% all the time except for seedling.

Top Bottom