Can anyone help me with this problem?

• Thread starter Markymark123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Markymark123

Markymark123

The leaves have gotten a little wavy on a few of my plants in the last 24 hours. They are on solo cups still, maybe too small? Soil slightly moist. Have a little bit of plant food going to them and am using a seed starting potting soil still. Any advice and I would be forever grateful!

Can anyone help me with this problem
Can anyone help me with this problem 2
Markymark123

Markymark123

The leaves have gotten a little wavy on a few of my plants in the last 24 hours. They are on solo cups still, maybe too small? Soil slightly moist. Have a little bit of plant food going to them and am using a seed starting potting soil still. Any advice and I would be forever grateful!
Oh and they are 3 weeks old

Leeroy48

Leeroy48

Hi there,

to me your doing a good job.

your got stretch on that stem. What is the light distance from the plants 🌱.
I’m sure some one will pop up in a min about the waves leaves. To me you might off overwatered.

also what’s the humidity and temp you grow with.

peace and love 💔

Markymark123

Markymark123

Hi there,

to me your doing a good job.

your got stretch on that stem. What is the light distance from the plants 🌱.
I’m sure some one will pop up in a min about the waves leaves. To me you might off overwatered.

also what’s the humidity and temp you grow with.

peace and love 💔
Originally I only had roof lights and they shot up like crazy without any leaves. I bought a few 100 watt led strip light and it’s hanging roughly 10” above now. They haven’t grown a whole lot in height since but have really spread. I believe I am likely under watering. But maybe keeping my soil too moist. I have been using a mist sprayer and giving them like 10 pumps a day. The cups are always light and there is ever hardly more than condensation in the holes under the cup. I watered quite a bit more than I usually do. Probably should have waited for more experience to weigh in. I appreciate the kind comments. Thank you

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Get them in bigger pots asap or you'll continue to stunt the plants growth.

You can get away with smaller pots growing in coco but not soil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Agree with @PlumberSoCal2

Also don't mist the soil. Saturate all of it and then let it dry out before fully saturating it again.

Over watering is caused from watering too often not too much. You should be fully saturating the soil each time you water and letting it dry out well before doing so again.

Imo you have dry spots in the dirt and roots don't grow in dry soil. Without water there is no way for nutrients to make it into the plant. Nutrients are dissolved into the water as the plant takes in water it takes in the dissolved nutrients

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I would top fill the cups with fresh soil up to 1/4” from the cots and make aure not to overfeed or overwater. They dont have a good enough root ball for transplant yet in my opinion.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would top fill the cups with fresh soil up to 1/4” from the cots and make aure not to overfeed or overwater. They dont have a good enough root ball for transplant yet in my opinion.
Also a good option OP. I think the main thing is going to be the watering here. I think you will start to see a big difference in growth after saturating the soil. Make sure you have drain holes in those cups before doing so.

Markymark123

Markymark123

Also a good option OP. I think the main thing is going to be the watering here. I think you will start to see a big difference in growth after saturating the soil. Make sure you have drain holes in those cups before doing so.
I do have drain holes. So a few more days before transplant? I can add some more soil in as well

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I do have drain holes. So a few more days before transplant? I can add some more soil in as well
I start most plants in 2" & 3" peat pots and learned I need to get them in pots by day 5-7. Several years go I had 8 seedlings and only enough soil mix for 5. It only took me about 5 days to purchase more soil but the difference in growth between the last 3 and first 5 was night and day different. The last 3 never caught up. Get 'em in pots, half or 1 gal, easy on the watering. Lift the pots twice a day until you learn how they feel when dry or wet. Dig a finger in the soil along the edge several inches and see if it's moist. Buy a moisture meter if need be but you need to know when your plants need water. Let one dry a bit, just start to wilt. Lift the pot or cup.

Easy on the ferts. Quarter to half strength first couple weeks then up it a little as the plant grows. Less can really be more. Look around this site and you'll see the results of over feeding and over watering. Easy to do but you need to avoid it.

This isn't rocket science although at times it seems that way. The hardest part is leaving them the F alone. Seriously. Talk sing play classical music to 'em but hands off. Try and take a picture every day at the same time or better 1 AM and one PM. After a week you'll thank me. Pretty awesome to watch them grow. Hard to really see if you're around them all the time.

When you do mess with them from watering, topping or transplanting be gentle.

Give them the proper conditions to grow and they'll do what they've been doing for centuries😉

Markymark123

Markymark123

So I lifted the cups today, and roots were coming out of the bottom. I repotted into 3L pots, increased my humidity to 70 and temp to 24 and am hoping for the best

Top Bottom