Can anyone identify this leaf issue?

• Thread starter longjonlebon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NairnM16

NairnM16

Okay I looked at wrong photo lol but treat the room not the tent looks like poor condition to me looks overwatered

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Defoliate the leafs leds keep humidity hight canopy that packed with that high humidity my money’s on mildew trim the canopy expose the buds you’re lights not that strong use it’s full potential
Okay I looked at wrong photo lol but treat the room not the tent looks like poor condition to me looks overwatered
Huh how does led make a room more humid? How is it overwatered in DWC?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I hate myself for posting on AN nutes but here goes.

DO NOT PH ADJUST PH PERFECT nutrients. Add based on ppm toss the ph meter to the side and do not adjust. Of it goes way out change the res. Do not add cal mag these nutes are designed for RO and contain all you need. They should always be kept above 400ppm so that the concentration is high enough to adjust ph.

For that plant size 600ppm is plenty if your transpiration rates are good... with your humidity possibly causing issues in that area.

Your root look great so no issues there.

Water tenps below 74f and ideally 72-74f for best growth.

Air temps 75-80f if you are in single buckets I suggest 75f so you can keep res temos in check.

50-60% humidity should be good. You may need to increase air exchange to reach this. Don't forget about microclimates around the leaves. Just above that hydroton is going to be a high humidity area and you need some airflow to move it away from the plants. Cleaning up the bottoms will really help.

Look into VPD for an explanation of how temp and humidity affect nutrient uptake... especially in hydro with faster growth. It doesn't need to be perfect but the close the better.

Last edited:
longjonlebon

longjonlebon

I hate myself for posting on AN nutes but here goes.

DO NOT PH ADJUST PH PERFECT nutrients. Add based on ppm toss the ph meter to the side and do not adjust. Of it goes way out change the res. Do not add cal mag these nutes are designed for RO and contain all you need. They should always be kept above 400ppm so that the concentration is high enough to adjust ph.

For that plant size 600ppm is plenty if your transpiration rates are good... with your humidity possibly causing issues.

Your root look great so no issues there.

Water tenps below 74f and ideally 72-74f for best growth.

Air temps 75-80f if you are in single buckets I suggest 75f so you can keep res temos in check.

50-60% humidity should be good. You may need to increase air exchange to reach this. Don't forget about microvlimates around the leaves. Just above that hydroton is going to be a high humidity area and you need some airflow to move it away from the plants. Cleaning up the bottoms will really help.

Look into VPD for an explanation of how temp and humidity affect nutrient uptake... especially in hydro with faster growth. It doesn't need to be perfect but the close the better.

Oh man, this is awesome info! Thank you so much. I've just been looking at VPD and I defo need a better solution for reducing humidity. For the moment I'll keep the flap open as this keeps it around 70%.

This is grow 3 and humidity has been an issue every time (but has manifest in a slightly different issues each time). I've got crop, and quite a big one on grow 2, so its heading in the right direction...slowly...

Love you guys!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh man, this is awesome info! Thank you so much. I've just been looking at VPD and I defo need a better solution for reducing humidity. For the moment I'll keep the flap open as this keeps it around 70%.

This is grow 3 and humidity has been an issue every time (but has manifest in a slightly different issues each time). I've got crop, and quite a big one on grow 2, so its heading in the right direction...slowly...

Love you guys!!
Best way is a bigger exhaust fan to exchange more air. Just making sure here.. you do have an exhaust fan and passive air intake right?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is this what you have?

I would recommend this if you can. You can set the humidity and the fan will run to keep it close to the setpoint as long as the humidity in the room the tent sits in is lower than the setpoint.

I just plucked from a UK site since I think by the link you posted thats where you are.

It what I would recommend but anything is better than nothing so up to you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh, one more really dumb question. Do I need two fans, and inlet and an outlet, or does the out take care of its self?
I exhaust then open the intake flaps on the bottom of the tent so as the fan pushes air out it passively draws it in through the bottom flaps

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hey, more pics here.

Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients 3 part (Grow / Micro / Bloom). Following the feeding chart for week 6. I used Great White Micorrhiae in the first few weeks for root development.

18/6 lighting with a Mars Hydro ts1000.

No real changes. I topped up the solution two days ago so thinking I might flush them for a few days?

Im wondering if that center leaf in the bottom pic that's burning inwards isnt a high N zinc antagonism issue? Im also wondering if an Mg antagonism/stimulstion issye would show up first

Top Bottom