Can anyone identify this seedling problem?

• Thread starter Flowerpower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Flowerpower420

Hi folks my seedling girls are now on day 20 from sprout and im seeing some light coloured mottled markings on the leaves of 1 plant. Ive introduced calmag at 0.5ml per 5L of feed as they are still really young and the feed E.C is at 0.7.

This particular plant is also stunted compared to the others too. And help would be greatly appreciated foks

Peace out āœŒļø
Can anyone identify this seedling problem

Can anyone identify this seedling problem 2

Can anyone identify this seedling problem 3

F

Flowerpower420

Ah man! Theres nothing to see visually on the plant itself on the top or underneath the leaves. Also ive looked on the top of the pots and i cant see anything crawling around ontop of the coco. When i googled this it looked like thrips too but i cant see any evidence of them...

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yeah mate ive literally just watered and then took pics lol.

Maybe i should have done it the opposite way around šŸ¤”
Thrips and mites can look like the same damage,use a magnifying glass to look at the undersides and soil surface and don't let your seedlings near other plants. Thrips are also bigger and easier to see than mites

F

Flowerpower420

Heres some pics of the underside of the affected leaves, not too clear as my camera lense is broken, sorry for the poor quality.
20220814 124329

20220814 124358

F

Flowerpower420

Could light intensity or heat cause this type of issues? It has been very hard to control the heat as we are currently in the middle of a heatwave and ambient outside temperatures are about 26-27Ā°c and its a little warmer with lights on, it cools down to around 24Ā°c at night. Humidity is around 65%

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Could light intensity or heat cause this type of issues? It has been very hard to control the heat as we are currently in the middle of a heatwave and ambient outside temperatures are about 26-27Ā°c and its a little warmer with lights on, it cools down to around 24Ā°c at night. Humidity is around 65%
yeah is doesn't look like bugs under the leaves,26-27 is a nice temp for growing if that's all it is around the plant that's around 80 f.

F

Flowerpower420

yeah is doesn't look like bugs under the leaves,26-27 is a nice temp for growing if that's all it is around the plant that's around 80 f.
Yeah mate the rest of the girls seem totally fine, maybe a little light green and possibly needling a little more nitrogen but i dont want to over feed as they are still young. This is the only plant that has this issue. Tbh these markings have been there since the first true leaves appeared and is continuing as she grows,

I did a calmag foliar spray 4 days ago and to no avail,

Im unsure if it is an issue that can be rectified or if its sort of a genetic thing. All other plants seem to be doing great apart from this one. All the seedings are getting the same treatment such as fertigation quantity and strength, light, humidity ect. And no sign of pests. Im a little stumped tbh.

F

Flowerpower420

Check you rh, you don't want wide swings.
RH is on a inkbird controller set at 65% with a + or - of 3% so when the extraction pulls out too much humidity it kicks back in at 62% and kicks off at 68%.

It seems to be burning through the water in the Humidifier as i think the extraction is sucking it out too quickly but if i turn the fan down my temps seem to soar from 26Ā°c to 30Ā°c and above.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You cant use a humidifier in the tent , its just not feasible for the reason you stated.

Like @Buzzzz saidā€¦ seedlings are temperamental. Think of them like 2 yr old temper tantrumā€™s. They will grow out if it in a week or 2. Chasing ghosts will lead to creating problems.

Turn the humidifier off or humidify the room your tent is in. If you have a fan blowing at them point it away from them for now because they are to young for that.

F

Flowerpower420

You cant use a humidifier in the tent , its just not feasible for the reason you stated.

Like @Buzzzz saidā€¦ seedlings are temperamental. Think of them like 2 yr old temper tantrumā€™s. They will grow out if it in a week or 2. Chasing ghosts will lead to creating problems.

Turn the humidifier off or humidify the room your tent is in. If you have a fan blowing at them point it away from them for now because they are to young for that.
Awesome info Aqua man, yeah think Humidifing the room is my only option. Cheers mate so you think i should hold off for now and dont change anything and see if it sorts itself out as they age? Cheers man šŸ‘

Latest posts

Top Bottom