Can anyone share their knowledge on UVC with me?

• Thread starter beebud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beebud

beebud

First, I just bought this UVC lamp thats 38watts and 110v. Shits strong, I can tell. Used it on my tent that had a smell. 60 minutes, with a window open, I could smell it worked. Anyway. I wanna use this on my plants. It has a 15, 30, and 60 minute setting. Is this light too strong for use on my actual plants? Whats the best way about using UVC on Cannabis and which stages and all that. I understand the risks and will caution myself.

beebud

beebud

Why UVC? What’s the goal for your using?
Cleanliness mostly. Maybe controlled stress idk, mostly fungi control. Neem has done a great job, but this seems better and easier. I have also read that it can make trich production increase. Its just hard to find some describe the exact best way to do it. How far should I keep it, is O3 wavelength bad? How strong a wavelength to use and all that.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Cleanliness mostly. Maybe controlled stress idk, mostly fungi control. Neem has done a great job, but this seems better and easier. I have also read that it can make trich production increase. Its just hard to find some describe the exact best way to do it. How far should I keep it, is O3 wavelength bad? How strong a wavelength to use and all that.

Was curious thanks for the reply. I can’t answer any of your questions.

beebud

beebud

Was curious thanks for the reply. I can’t answer any of your questions.
Well forsure. I took a plant off to the side and and am gonna experiment on her due to some kind of fungus infecting her. 30 minutes before lights out I hit her with 15 minutes of UVC. She seemed unaffected at lights on today. But she seems in good health so Im gonna hit her again after a day or two.

IMG 20211226 000044
IMG 20211226 000004 HDR
IMG 20211226 000021 HDR
Observationist

Observationist

Well forsure. I took a plant off to the side and and am gonna experiment on her due to some kind of fungus infecting her. 30 minutes before lights out I hit her with 15 minutes of UVC. She seemed unaffected at lights on today. But she seems in good health so Im gonna hit her again after a day or two.
If that is actually UVC 200-280nm, be careful with out close and long you run it for, it can fry the plant.

UVB has some bacteria killing properties as well, just not as much.

Using UV makes the plant cuticle (skin) stronger too.

can possibly “dose” the plant during most stages.

Last edited:
beebud

beebud

If that is actually UVC 200-280nm, be careful with out close and long you run it for, it can fry the plant.

UVB has some bacteria killing properties as well, just not as much.

Using UV makes the plant cuticle (skin) stronger too.

can possibly “dose” the plant during most stages.
Yea I was expecting this thing to be drooping. The light seems legit, theres this weird smell after its been on, but its clean. Think Im done with neem and other foliar sprays

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I was recently reading about using UVC on grapes. There's a UVC light that moves through the vineyard, arched over the grape vines, moving down the line.

I have no idea how long an exposure is effective, so I'm pretty much just watching you. I wonder if you need to expose the leaves from top and bottom?

F

figgie

Yea I was expecting this thing to be drooping. The light seems legit, theres this weird smell after its been on, but its clean. Think Im done with neem and other foliar sprays
That "weird" smell is O3, ie Ozone. Dont be breathing that stuff long tern..no bueno.

Latest posts

Top Bottom