Can anyone tell me what's going on with my fan leaves?

• Thread starter PlatiumTito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlatiumTito

PlatiumTito

1st time grow! Zkittlez(Tito); 1st week of flowering. I completed a flush yesterday final run-off was around 750 ppm. Feeding every other watering (Fox Farm).
Can anyone tell me whats going on with my fan leaves
Can anyone tell me whats going on with my fan leaves 2
Can anyone tell me whats going on with my fan leaves 3
Can anyone tell me whats going on with my fan leaves 4
Can anyone tell me whats going on with my fan leaves 5

PlatiumTito

PlatiumTito

A little more info..................
from Seed, 10 week old, 5 gallon grow bucket, about 3 ft, fox farm soil and feeding system, water when dry (4-5 days)/ spring water ph 6.5, 18 inches, 4x2 indoor grow tent; temp 78- humidity 40-48%

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
A little more info..................
from Seed, 10 week old, 5 gallon grow bucket, about 3 ft, fox farm soil and feeding system, water when dry (4-5 days)/ spring water ph 6.5, 18 inches, 4x2 indoor grow tent; temp 78- humidity 40-48%

Hey! I'm a dirt guy too and used to use Fox Farms trio. Looks to me like your plants are hungry. You might want to try the following and see if it helps:

1. Feed/feed/clear + cal/mag or Epsom Salts 2 tsp/gal

2. Increase your feedings. Allow them to dry out to a point but not bone dry. See if they will gobble down a gallon in 3 days.

Overall they look great! Good job so far.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Your pictures are a little out of focus but you do have something going on I can't tell if I'm seeing bug damage or not so clearer pictures will definitely help

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Agreed, it almost looks like mag def, but can't tell as the pics are small and unfocused. They look healthy otherwise.

PlatiumTito

PlatiumTito

Your pictures are a little out of focus but you do have something going on I can't tell if I'm seeing bug damage or not so clearer pictures will definitely help

Here are better pics, appreciate it
IMG 0530
IMG 0531
IMG 0532
IMG 0534
IMG 0530
IMG 0534

PlatiumTito

PlatiumTito

Hey! I'm a dirt guy too and used to use Fox Farms trio. Looks to me like your plants are hungry. You might want to try the following and see if it helps:

1. Feed/feed/clear + cal/mag or Epsom Salts 2 tsp/gal

2. Increase your feedings. Allow them to dry out to a point but not bone dry. See if they will gobble down a gallon in 3 days.

Overall they look great! Good job so far.

Thanks for the feedback! I've posted better pics

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

DEFINITELY OVERWATERING! See those purple stems, tips of leaves turning down, and washboard looking leaves (full looking). You have them in pots to big for your plants, hence this causes most people to overwater in the medium where the roots have not yet been established and the if you don't watch it you will soon have nutrient burn with nutes are not being used by the roots just yet.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

DEFINITELY OVERWATERING! See those purple stems, tips of leaves turning down, and washboard looking leaves (full looking). You have them in pots to big for your plants, hence this causes most people to overwater in the medium where the roots have not yet been established and the if you don't watch it you will soon have nutrient burn with nutes are not being used by the roots just yet.
As a rule, with the exception of a clone maybe, a cannabis plant should never be transplanted into a pot bigger than the plant's diameter, otherwise you are growing dirt, and is the #1 way of killing a plant. With this accomplished you should be able to go about 4-5 days between waterings and when it requires more than this, transplant again following that same rule.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Thanks for the feedback! I've posted better pics

I'm not going to get into an arguement with other posters, but I stand by my previous comment :)

I run a lot of strains. Doesn't make me anything special but I get to see a lot of different very cool things. A lot of plants express purple traits. Example: I have a couple of Astro Kush in flower. One is a green pheno. The other has very distinct Purple sugar leaves in the buds. Has nothing to do with water/nutes.

Planting in a container larger than the diameter of the plant? I have plants in bonsai containers that fill them with roots and I could go on but I wont. I can tell you that A LOT of growers go from sprout to 5 gal bag without a problem.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

OK. I can't really see your pot sizes in the photos, but when you can see speed bumps on your leaves it is a marker to let you know you are over watering. What I provided to you was a rule that I have learned from other experienced growers and how not to over water your plants, which is the #1 way to kill a plant for many inexperienced growers. I do not know you, or your talents when it comes to growing cannabis and only offered this with what little I can see here. I am not looking to argue, just help. Good luck with your grow.

Top Bottom