can bagseed be auto flowers?

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
could my bag seed be auto flowering? i sort of assumed it would be photo, but now i am wondering. in the last few days it has gotten taller, like noticeably taller. it is just 5 weeks old yesterday. ...and i finally have a stronger smell that i notice when i go in

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

It's possible i suppose. I have 3 strains from bag seed that have buds under 24 hours of light so I dunno whats goin lol

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
these are 37 days old, have always been under 18/6 light. do you think they might be autos, they are beginning to have flowers. they have grown at the top a bunch.

first two pics are of the one i broke in half and taped back.

Broken girl
Broken   2

this is the one i think leans Sativa
S girl

this is the one i burned with hot soil
Toppled girl

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i hope i did not hurt them, i transplanted 2 of them before i realized there was a chance they are autos. they drooped for a couple hours but seem happy again now.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I just transplanted them right before the pic. They are bagseed, I was going to leave them in veg till the autos I bought got through. But they appear to be autos. I think. That's my question. No idea, but the light is on 18/6 and I guess I'll know soon enough. Wish I knew!

I use 1/3 water only soil, 2/3 ff bushdoctor. I water when dry (pick pot up, if it's light water). I've broken one in half, taped it back and she seems fine now. and one has burned roots, also my fault for dropping it and mixing the hot soil where the roots got it. Thanks! Water is always a good guess!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I just transplanted them right before the pic. They are bagseed, I was going to leave them in veg till the autos I bought got through. But they appear to be autos. I think. That's my question. No idea, but the light is on 18/6 and I guess I'll know soon enough. Wish I knew!

I use 1/3 water only soil, 2/3 ff bushdoctor. I water when dry (pick pot up, if it's light water). I've broken one in half, taped it back and she seems fine now. and one has burned roots, also my fault for dropping it and mixing the hot soil where the roots got it. Thanks! Water is always a good guess!
There is def something goin on in root zone. The glossy droopy leaves make me think watering practices- over and underwater if can look the same and be equally as bad, I’m not familiar with bush doctor stuff ? I’ll take a look my guess another marketing plea, and not really needed

the discoloration looks to be an uptake issue( root zone) or bugs man ?

as far as the auto thing I don’t see flowers yet? But it’s def possible. Photos will also show sex when mature if that’s what ur seein ?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
More the spurt of growth (about 4in in 3 days) fast and at the top than flowers, since i dont actually know what a flower looks like till it jumps in the baggie and i buy it.. And, yes... The one with "root zone" issues has the issue of being dropped and the super soil getting mixed with the roots and burned her. The glossy one is healing from being broken in half and taped back, so yes, water issues, she couldnt suck up any water through ther broken in half stem. Bad scar, but doing much better, and droopy from transplanting, but that got all better in about 2 or 3 hours after transplant.

Last edited:
Bdmack

Bdmack

could my bag seed be auto flowering? i sort of assumed it would be photo, but now i am wondering. in the last few days it has gotten taller, like noticeably taller. it is just 5 weeks old yesterday. ...and i finally have a stronger smell that i notice when i go in
Yes. Ounce of shake from the rec market in my state. Bunch of seeds. I started a few bag seed from the same bag. One autoed just after I topped. Low yielder but mostly due to me not paying attention early on.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
these seeds came from a pill bottle i found in the back of the closet that i have put a seed or two at a time in for years, so i never thought they would do anything. i popped them because i have not done it before, so while waiting on the good seeds i tried 3 bag seed and oh wow, they grew. they appear to be 3 totally different strains. but who knows. one is more sativa, and one very indica and it is darker with purple stripes on its stem (not a purple stem, it is a green stem, just purple striped), and the 3rd is about in between. but again, who knows! but the light is at 18/6 for the seed i bought, so we shall see in the near future. lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

How high over the plants are your lights? And did ya say what kind of light ur using? I forget

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the lights are all viparspectra, one xs2000, and 2 xs1500. 4x4 tent. the xs2000 is over the bag seed - front 2x4 of the tent at 24 inches from the top of the plants, and one xs1500 is over each of the Auto Caramelicious from MSNL at 16 inches from the tops, in the back 2x4 of the tent. in about a week, i will lower the lights because the autos will be flowering if they follow the right path. i got the numbers from the instruction book that came with the lights.

if you are worrying over the one that looks like it has a root problem, it does. but i am aware of the cause and the path forward. if you are worrying about the one with the dark and glossy leaves, i know what happened and am on the right path with her.

at 5 weeks old, the bag seed have been a wonderful learning tool. they are 2 weeks ahead of the others, and i have done many bad things to them and have learned not to do those things to the other store bought seeds.

my only real concern, is if the bagseed are autos, and i found them in street weed, probably means they came from hermies, so i need to REALLY pay attention or get rid of them, i DO NOT want them to seed my others. i was just going to veg them till i could change the lights after finishing the autos. then, due to the crazy growth spurt on two of them, i wondered if they were autos (which presents a totally new set of problems for me!)

Top Bottom