Can BT be sprayed on buds?

• Thread starter Foster823
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foster823

Foster823

My blue dream in 4th week of flowerin. Found a couple leaves with yellow eggs which I removed immediately. I’ve been going through the plant for more. My question is can I spray BT on my plants when they are flowering. There does not seem to be a straightforward answer. Iveread that you can spray your flowering plant and also told to never spray your buds. Can I spray the buds without ruining them?

Can bt be sprayed on buds
Can bt be sprayed on buds 2
Can bt be sprayed on buds 3
Can bt be sprayed on buds 4
Can bt be sprayed on buds 5
freezeland2

freezeland2

Are you seeing caterpillars? BT has to be consumed by the caterpillars to kill them. If you are not seeing them I’d focus on cutting the leafs off with eggs before they hatch. You don’t want to spray those buds if you can avoid it.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
My blue dream in 4th week of flowerin. Found a couple leaves with yellow eggs which I removed immediately. I’ve been going through the plant for more. My question is can I spray BT on my plants when they are flowering. There does not seem to be a straightforward answer. Iveread that you can spray your flowering plant and also told to never spray your buds. Can I spray the buds without ruining them?
The yellow eggs might be from ladybugs, hope you dont kill those.
The larvae of ladybugs are excellent predators, even if they may look like a caterpillar, dont kill them!
Ladybug life cycle

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
And about BT spraying on the buds, i do so until about 2 weeks before harvest.
If i dont, i know from experience the caterpillars will cause lots of problems, eating and destroying entire buds and causing fungus.

Top Bottom