Can carbon filter / max fan help

• Thread starter kushmusic420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushmusic420

12" Vortex V Series, much quieter and more out put, cost 10 more bucks. Max Fans are loud as hell.

Hey green punk thanks for stoping in but are u sure cuz me and my friend google the quietest fan and it was max fan but if vortex brand is best and quieter then he would want to go with them !!! Have u did a test or something with both fans ??? How do u knw for sure bro ???:pimp:

green punk

green punk

A friend uses them (12"MaX) with the can 150 in 6kw rooms . I use the Vortex. The v series for the cfms are super quiet.
But i have to agree with another poster, it seems over kill for only a 2kw grow. For that Id go with a can 99 (612 cfm) and a 6 inch 600 cfm osteburg, recirculating scrubber style.

If noise is such an issue maybe find a better location for grow?

K

kushmusic420

A friend uses them (12"MaX) with the can 150 in 6kw rooms . I use the Vortex. The v series for the cfms are super quiet.
But i have to agree with another poster, it seems over kill for only a 2kw grow. For that Id go with a can 99 (612 cfm) and a 6 inch 600 cfm osteburg, recirculating scrubber style.

If noise is such an issue maybe find a better location for grow?

It's not a big big issue for him he just want to have it as quiet as he can get it and again the big fan and filter combo is because he will be adding 3 more 1k after this run !!! So ur opinion would be to get a vortex v series instead of a can max fan ??

green punk

green punk

It all depends on the application scrub or venting it out. But imho the max fans are real loud. Also its not so much decibels as it is pitch of noise. Just an opinion.

K

kushmusic420

It all depends on the application scrub or venting it out. But imho the max fans are real loud. Also its not so much decibels as it is pitch of noise. Just an opinion.

So in ur opinion wats the best brand as far overall

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Imho. Go with a elicent fan for quietest. How big is the room? Ideally you calculate your fan size according to the size of the room.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I've only run the regular vortex not the v series and I thought it was louder then my max fans. It was the 12" Vortex.

I have 6 max fans rocking and duct mufflers and they are quieter then my 6" Can HO that cools 2 of my vert lights running at full speed...

I'm also a proponent of 100lbs of carbon for every 3 lights...

7 Lights and 250 lbs of carbon is what I rock per room. I'll be adding a third scrubber after this next run.

You can't have too much scrubbing power. I rock some stinky strains.

I've never run an elicent...

Latest posts

Top Bottom