Can chlorophyll be removed from wax?

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

If not, I didn't think so. I believe its soluble. Had a plant that turned hermaphrodite and wreaked havok in my tent. I had some bud and trim from that seeded sob plant left over that I found after a month. Not much for trichomes but there were some. I had tried blasting some bho from it and it tasted very green. Anyway I took the last of it and tried and iso soak which I had never tried. I did however read a tek that didn't involve freezing the iso.
What came back looked a bit green during dry but looking yellow to clay white color now. Will this be garbage? Never did it with iso.

Can chlorophyll be removed from wax
Can chlorophyll be removed from wax 2
Can chlorophyll be removed from wax 3
Can chlorophyll be removed from wax 4
Can chlorophyll be removed from wax 5
Can chlorophyll be removed from wax 6
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I've heard sun light will break down the chlorophyll but I personally wouldn't do it myself.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

If heat removed grass stains Shout would be out of business,right..

Iso pulls tars pretty easy. Not sure why your bho tastes green.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

If blasted with butane it shouldn't have any chlorophyll, its the booze based solvent extractions that pull more of the lipids and chlorophyll. But you could alwyes suspend the oils in booze and then throw a lil charcoal and pull it thru a micron screen. But short answer is not without more gear and knowledge will you be able to do Fractionation. That being said you should be able to make shatter at home without crazy shit easily.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If harvested super early the amount of THC is gonna be minimal anyway. Unless running it through a short path frac/dist rig, you need to start with quality in to get quality out using quick wash methods.

That said, i have removed chlorophyll from green washes by running the iso through activated charcoal filters multiple times u til the green is gone, but this also removes all the terpenes and leaves you with a very pure, but very bland product.

Top Bottom