Can feminized seeds herm if there stressed to much in veg???

• Thread starter Nameless_fcuk89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

So I’ve been having some issues with these seeds that I bought about a month ago. I moved into a new house and started a grow in my storage room and what I didn’t know about the space is that at night when the lights go off, it gets in the 50’s. These plants are over a month old and they have been struggling for awhile, they obviously got root shock from the cold and have stalled out for a long time but there starting to finally come out of it. My question is, if I get them to fully come out of this shock stage and I put them into flowering will I have any problems with them herming on me?

Can feminized seeds herm if there stressed to much in veg
PK1

PK1

Supporter
So I’ve been having some issues with these seeds that I bought about a month ago. I moved into a new house and started a grow in my storage room and what I didn’t know about the space is that at night when the lights go off, it gets in the 50’s. These plants are over a month old and they have been struggling for awhile, they obviously got root shock from the cold and have stalled out for a long time but there starting to finally come out of it. My question is, if I get them to fully come out of this shock stage and I put them into flowering will I have any problems with them herming on me?
although cannabis plants are hardy and take a lot of abuse it is possible that they become male or herm on you.

you've got multiple deficiencies. Iron or zinc, and nitrogen. Maybe a ph fluctuation.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Copy past the questionnaires on this thread and answer them here,. This should help members to help you out 🙂

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Since your area is getting so cold at night its frezzing the roots of them and causeing shock if youve been feeding them itll cause your food in the pot to build up salts due to the plant not being able to drink them since its to cold make sure to temp your water to 68-74 befor watering and try not letting your room get under 64f at night and even then thats low temps best to stay above 70. if i was you id check to see how my roots are if the are big enough to transplant id try transplanting them in some fresh soil only use water on frist maybe second water too the low dose of food untill you see some recovery but get your room temps up befor doing this or they will just keep dying off

Reactions: PK1
Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

So ever since that happened I’ve had perfect environment conditions, I bought a temp/humidity controller, a humidifier & dehumidifier, also got an inline for FAE. I’ve been feeding at 700 ppm’s with the GH trio. The salt build up thing sounds exactly what’s happening right now cause I’ve been feeding them regularly for 3 weeks since this happened and they have barely improved, also the fact that the leaves are turning purple around the edges. So I was thinking I need to flush and start with a lower dose of nutrient with some hydrogaurd. I’m definitely open to suggestions on how to get theses baby’s going again but what I’m asking is when I do get them healthy and looking good will I have to still worry about them herming in flowering

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Yes they can herm. Bad genetics or farmer induced herm. Good luck

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

So ever since that happened I’ve had perfect environment conditions, I bought a temp/humidity controller, a humidifier & dehumidifier, also got an inline for FAE. I’ve been feeding at 700 ppm’s with the GH trio. The salt build up thing sounds exactly what’s happening right now cause I’ve been feeding them regularly for 3 weeks since this happened and they have barely improved, also the fact that the leaves are turning purple around the edges. So I was thinking I need to flush and start with a lower dose of nutrient with some hydrogaurd. I’m definitely open to suggestions on how to get theses baby’s going again but what I’m asking is when I do get them healthy and looking good will I have to still worry about them herming in flowering
yes id flush with good ph 6.5 water for a few watering and then start low doses of nutes again aim to give them an amount of water that allows them to dry out every 2 days put them on a schedule of feed feed flush they way i do it is light feed heavy feed then flush in your case just start with light feeding untill they can handle more

Reactions: PK1
PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

when it comes to herming it comes down to where and how the seed was formed so its hard to tell in veg sometimes but lots of things can cause them to herm out on you best thing to do now is get them healthy and keep looking for pistils and ball sacks if you find one with balls get a bag and throw it out try not moving it much until its in the bag and closed off and look to see if the little pollen sack is opened up or not if its still closed up you should be okay for the rest of them if it open pretty much gota clean everything and start over or use a product called shift with the transport and you should be able to finish them without more ball sacks or having a lot of seeds when when they are done you'll wanna clean everything the best you can then wouldn't hurt to do that twice bleach or h202 will kill the pollen in the area do not used both at the same time bleach and h202 together can kill you

Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

So there worth keeping them then, my buddy that’s been growing for 15 years said that as long as there heal they when they go into flowering then They should be totally fine. What do you guys think? I’m positive that a good flush should fix the issue, I’m just hoping that I didn’t ruin the genetics already cause it’s not easy for me to get seeds where I live.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So there worth keeping them then, my buddy that’s been growing for 15 years said that as long as there heal they when they go into flowering then They should be totally fine. What do you guys think? I’m positive that a good flush should fix the issue, I’m just hoping that I didn’t ruin the genetics already cause it’s not easy for me to get seeds where I live.
If you have not spotted any balls yet then yes they can come back just fine. They just look cold to me more than anything. Keep vegging them and get them healthy and see!

If you have been seeing some balls then yes you have problems....

I basically think about it like this: all plants want to reproduce and create strong offspring. for a (cannabis) plant in an area with lots of other (cannabis) plants around, they will want to just create their one sexual organ so that they can increase genetic diversity and create strong offspring. for plants with very few plants around, they will eventually get the hint and express both sexual organs because something is better than nothing reproductively. How long a plant is willing to "gamble" that they will get pollen from another plant is a trait that can be bred for. Eventually, almost any plant will express both sexual organs to try to reproduce before death (I am guessing, maybe it is possible to breed out the "panic button" immediately).

So other ways that a plant might decide to hit the "panic button" beyond just being late enough in the season is if they freak out because conditions (i.e. "holy shit what is all this nutrient matter at my root system this is awful" or "wait, the seasons changed and nights started getting shorter again HELP ME GOOD GOD SEEDS SEEDS WE NEED SEEDS THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US"). Again, you can breed to get the plant to be more and more "brave" about not "panicking" and holding out hope for that sweet, sweet genetic diversity.

This is just how my dumb brain understands it. For whatever it is worth.

But I mean if a plant is still in veg then it is going to ride out a lot. So if you get it straight from here I think you are fine. Assuming it hasn't already panicked, which it does not sound to me like it has.

Last edited:
Nameless_fcuk89

Nameless_fcuk89

Nah I don’t see any signs of them herming yet, they just look like they have nutrient lockout IMO. They’ve been like this for a month now that’s why I started to worry about them being ruined. I just didn’t want to waste my time vegging them if there just gonna be packed with seeds when half way through flowering. I’m probably just paranoid.

Top Bottom