can filter questions

• Thread starter ogtealover420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

is it better to have too large of a filter or too small?

• Larger

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Smaller

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So i have a 12x3.5x7.5 ft area and a sunleaves 6" 406 cfm 70watt fan. should I use the can66,can50,or the can75 as i want to keep my air flow up and remove the odors completely....Any tips are greatly appreciated as the whole filter thing is new to me. The pole should say the recomended size instead of small but no edit option.

5tickynubz

I've read and been told to get your filter slightly bigger than your fan. Meaning if your fan is 400 cfms make sure your filter is rated over 400. The idea is to not over work the fan by trying to push or pull air through a bottle neck. With too big of filter I'd imagine you wouldn't be getting full use of the filters surface area. I run a 6" vortex (449 cfm) and a 8"x24" phat filter (600 cfm). It works great.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Thannx 5ticknubz! i thought that it should be bigger than recomended to lighten the load on the fan because the lady at the shop said my sunleavs 6" was weaker than the can fan of comparable cfm, but just checking.

U

ugmjfarmer

75 FTW. I use an 100 for an 8" 700CFM. 75 should be fine in the 400-600 range. But remember that you have a pressure drop. I'd use a canfan HO 6", the small black ones. Those push the 675, which can be dimmed. Again, over sizing your exhaust system ENTIRELY is what I recommend.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Wow we had better rethink this whole thing some one voted for the "small" i bet that person is on to something here folks! LMAO But yeah I am for sure gonna beef up my ventilation ASAP and use some new reflectors as I have just one and it is of the foil variety.

Top Bottom