Can FLIR Camera being used on a helicopter locate outdoor marijuana grow ops ?

• Thread starter Kannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kannabis

Kannabis

Do Marijuana Trichomes emit something that is detectable by a FLIR Camera being used on a helicopter to locate outdoor marijuana grow ops ?

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Do Marijuana Trichomes emit something that is detectable by a FLIR Camera being used on a helicopter to locate outdoor marijuana grow ops ?

No.

They can detect heat signatures coming from your house or other heat sources. (One of the benefits of living in the colder north, is you can run your grow next to your furnace in your basement, no on will be the wiser, especially if you use LED and keep your electric bill low.

Like these things are advanced enough that they can see you smoking a cigarette through a window, but, if you were in an enclosed room, they wouldn't be able to see that. They MIGHT be able to tell the difference in the color of the heat signature of the room itself, the rest of the house being a dark blue, but that room you're in would be a lighter shade of blue, for example.

IN the fall time though, it's the greenest plant on the ground and they stick out like a sore thumb and are EASILY seen from chopper during the day.

They COULD possibly give a heat signature then, as they are the darkest most heat absorbent plant on the ground....

Last edited:
Kannabis

Kannabis

Pretty sure they’ve been using that tech for 30 some odd years. 🤫
Thats what i thought. Someone had told me a long time ago that cannabis plants Trichomes give off a heat signature allowing FLIR radar to see it.

BB22

BB22

Thats what i thought. Someone had told me a long time ago that cannabis plants Trichomes give off a heat signature allowing FLIR radar to see it.

Back in the 90s I was in the Navy I learned a very little about about FLIR. I don’t think it was the tricomes so much as just the plant retains heat and it’s easily spotted using forward, looking infrared.

Indoortooutdoor

Indoortooutdoor

Back in the 90s I was in the Navy I learned a very little about about FLIR. I don’t think it was the tricomes so much as just the plant retains heat and it’s easily spotted using forward, looking infrared.
Only with budding plants. Leaf matter doesn’t hold the heat like big buds!

Top Bottom