Can i add more light?

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
hey guys, i have my 4x4 tent up with a meizhi 900w in there, draws like 400 from the wall or so. i do have a meizhi backup 450w, can i add that in and maybe boost my grow, or would it be to much light for 6-7 plants? with seedlings etc.

Can i add more light
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
@Seraphine
Okay so if i added my other meizhi it would be maybe 600 true watts (Rough estimate, ill do a wattage test later, i got a meter) in a 4x4. Wouldnt be to much? aslong as i can control heat? I mean, im good with one sure, but can i maybe bump it up and go with the extra light for a better plant? :P

@Deke i thought 600 true watts was like the standard for a 4x4,correct?
How do you think i should arrange the lights? the 450w lower?

Monster762

Monster762

Id put em both in same height so no footprint blocked. Put taller plants under the lower intensity side. 4x4 decent 6in fan exhausting from top port holes. Open vents low on tent but be sure no light shines straight at em in flower.
Youre good run em. But as seraphine said no need in veg save the power n light hours on the other light til flower. Then just put the ones reaching higher under tge weaker light. Just what id do.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Id put em both in same height so no footprint blocked. Put taller plants under the lower intensity side. 4x4 decent 6in fan exhausting from top port holes. Open vents low on tent but be sure no light shines straight at em in flower.
Youre good run em. But as seraphine said no need in veg save the power n light hours on the other light til flower. Then just put the ones reaching higher under tge weaker light. Just what id do.

Okay cool, damn i only got a 4 inch exhaust. do you think thats to small for a 4x4? But thanks for the tips, thats what ill do, ill save the light hours and energy for now!

Monster762

Monster762

Okay cool, damn i only got a 4 inch exhaust. do you think thats to small for a 4x4? But thanks for the tips, thats what ill do, ill save the light hours and energy for now!
A good 4inch should be ok. Whats the Cfm?

Monster762

Monster762

A good 4inch should be ok. Whats the Cfm?
Lot of people run 4in so i wouldnt rush to get nothin bigger. Aint broke dont fix it. But if your 4 burns up get a 6 when you replace it. Are you running carbon filter ?cause if so they cut that cfm way back. And burn fans up.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Lot of people run 4in so i wouldnt rush to get nothin bigger. Aint broke dont fix it. But if your 4 burns up get a 6 when you replace it. Are you running carbon filter ?cause if so they cut that cfm way back. And burn fans up.
AC/Infinity t4! yep, carbon filter too, for right now. i may take that off and add it back during flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

AC/Infinity t4! yep, carbon filter too, for right now. i may take that off and add it back during flower.
It's about 200 CFM. In a 4x4x7 you have 112 cubic feet so a turnover of about 2x an hour.... Nothing wrong with that. Now that doesn't mean it will be enough to handle the heat as that depends on lots of variables.

Keeping your prefilter clean is important and a properly sized filter for the fan. If you have both your fan should be good.

A 6" dialed back would be optimal but like @Monster762 said plenty of people run them in a 4x4

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
It's about 200 CFM. In a 4x4x7 you have 112 cubic feet so a turnover of about 2x an hour.... Nothing wrong with that. Now that doesn't mean it will be enough to handle the heat as that depends on lots of variables.

Keeping your prefilter clean is important and a properly sized filter for the fan. If you have both your fan should be good.

A 6" dialed back would be optimal but like @Monster762 said plenty of people run them in a 4x4

I was just about to ask if my exchange was good. i do have 4 prefilters that i change once a week. i noticed today, i did add the second light and it did start to heat up. i do have an ac i can duct right into my tent to control the heat. Ill look into a 6 though for future use. especially during flower.

Top Bottom