Can I cut the roots?

• Thread starter fotparmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fotparmer

I have a 5 gallon top drip setup outside at a friends place and its growing very good but the roots ar way long and some are browning. I use H2O2 (shit burns like a mofo) but there is still some ugly brown and running out of space in the bucket. Thanks for the feedback

F

fotparmer

Dang 24 views and not one knows? I have read various things on the net but this is where i come to get the best info from exp growers. I guess one of them will come buy sooner or later. Thanks again.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yes you can trim roots

I love it how people freak out that a thread has no replies but 24 views

those views could be non registered lurkers - or people who see a thread that maybe they would like to know the answer to as well!

P

potberryfin

I wouldnt worry so much about cutting the roots as it causes stress on teh plant. Worry more about the brown roots. Make sure you have enough aeration to the root zone and no light entering the reservoir.

S

steelyeyes

I root pruned some plants when things got out of whack in the root zone and I had some rot. Pruned off the slimy bottom parts, fixed my lack of complete drainage, ran hygrozyme and algen extract along with my regular nutes for a week and the roots came back white, big, and healthy. Those plants hit 48 inches tall in 6 weeks of veg (might not go that long next time) and are now 56+ inches and flowering like crazy so cutting roots didn't seem to do them anything but good.

F

fotparmer

yes you can trim roots

I love it how people freak out that a thread has no replies but 24 views

those views could be non registered lurkers - or people who see a thread that maybe they would like to know the answer to as well!

Thanks for the input. Also what I wrote was not freaking . I said "dang" :banana1sv6:

F

fotparmer

I wouldnt worry so much about cutting the roots as it causes stress on teh plant. Worry more about the brown roots. Make sure you have enough aeration to the root zone and no light entering the reservoir.

Thank You. It is a top drip areoponic setup and i have mad buds on it. so I was worring about cutting them.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Thanks for the input. Also what I wrote was not freaking . I said "dang" :banana1sv6:

LOL I know bro - but it happens here all the time - people bump the threads after 20 minutes sometimes

just pointing out that 20 unregistered people could have viewed your thread is all

F

fotparmer

LOL I know bro - but it happens here all the time - people bump the threads after 20 minutes sometimes

just pointing out that 20 unregistered people could have viewed your thread is all

Its all good brotha. I appreciate this place for sure.

homebrew420

homebrew420

My partner does this, I don't really understand it. I will def stress the plants thoughI have to admit there may be something to this. They claim the cuts will root into their 4" cube faster. I plan on doing a little experiemnt over the next few weeks to get a better idea.

Peace

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I am running DWC buckets for my mommas and I had to trim and treat with H2O2 and so far so good. Going to use some cannazyme and see if that will help. Not sure what is causing the brown roots as everything seems ok. buckets are running about 68F and lots of bubbles from my air pump. Will have to wait and see how the cannazyme works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom