Can I dip my pots in water to water plants?

• Thread starter drowsygenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Yes! I use a 5 gal tall fabric bag, 10” diameter. This slides into a standard 5 gal home depot bucket (12”d) with an inch of space around. I usually split about a gallon of water 1/2 slow top pour and 1/2 soak in the bucket. Works great!

This is how I water my vegging plants when they're in airpots. Works a treat. It's so hard to keep up with water demands using aerating pots the dunk is the only way I can ensure the whole pot of soil gets a good soaking and stays moist for longer than one day. Top watering airpots is a hassle because it has to be done slowly so water doesn't spill out the side holes at the top befor it can soak into the soil. It's just easier and faster to dunk the whole lot.
I doubt I'd need to do it in solid wall plastic containers but for fabric or airpots it's a nifty trick to have up the sleeve to ensure thorough waterings✌️

Newbelinginaz

Newbelinginaz

No no, full immersion issues I see are...
1. You have to lift the plants and dunk them in a bucket (not really feasible when plants are multiple feet tall)

2. No benefit over top feeding. (Unless your doing it wrong)

3. Absolutely way more wasteful on nutrients.

4. Will deplete PH buffering capacity of soils way faster.

I can list more but there is no reason to. Dunking is something that's done when the soil is hydrophobic.

Now wicking systems creat a whole nother set of issues that top feeding does not. If you were meaning that I can list some.

Anyone feel free to chime in on reason top watering is not better than wicking or dunking?

I'm not sure where you got me statement on water tables but hey if you want to read up on em here ya go. It's very relevant to the discussion.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/
Love ya man. I was being "read between the lines sarcastic" and you teach me with a thoughtful dissertation. Thank You, and you can water my plants anytime.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Love ya man. I was being "read between the lines sarcastic" and you teach me with a thoughtful dissertation. Thank You, and you can water my plants anytime.
Lol I'm to lazy to water my own brother.... I had to build a auto watering rig because I can't even water my own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom