Can I do 3 in 2x4 tent

• Thread starter whelksemengmail.com
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whelksemengmail.com

whelksemengmail.com

I've got 5 little plants that are just over 2 weeks from sprout. 3 of the are mimosa, with one raw diesel and 1 sweet zombie. I want to grow 3 plants, with one of each strain in 9litre pots. Am I being overly ambitious in terms of space in 2x4 tent? Would 2 plants be more sensible?

Can i do 3 in 2x4 tent
Last edited:
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

agree don't veg too long the bloom stretch is real, i would run 3 in 9L pots

2Bad

2Bad

agree don't veg too long the bloom stretch is real, i would run 3 in 9L pots
Green since you mention stretch I got a question. I had a stretchyyyy node strain cus it tastes so good. This is the second time I'm running it. I grew out as many tops as I could and have also gotten better and understanding light intensity. I'm 14 days into flower and it's not necessarily stretching. So it's fair to say you can control the stretch once you learn right?

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

3 in a 2x4 should be just fine. It will depend on the strains and how big you let them get. You will invariably overshoot or undershoot in the process of learning what works best in your setup. Sometimes growing different strains in the same space can give you headaches, but I do it all the time for the variety. The stretch will really have two components. One is genetics, the other is your lighting. If your lighting is dialed in, you can keep them from stretching any more than their genetics want them to. If they are searching for light, they will tend to stretch more to find it. That said, a lot of strains that have a lot of sativa or OG in the wood pile can have a major stretch no matter what you do with your lighting. Some just be that way. Cheers

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Green since you mention stretch I got a question. I had a stretchyyyy node strain cus it tastes so good. This is the second time I'm running it. I grew out as many tops as I could and have also gotten better and understanding light intensity. I'm 14 days into flower and it's not necessarily stretching. So it's fair to say you can control the stretch once you learn right?
mmmm.. pheno dependant im thinking hey, you running 2 different seeds or clones?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

3 in a 2x4 should be just fine. It will depend on the strains and how big you let them get. You will invariably overshoot or undershoot in the process of learning what works best in your setup. Sometimes growing different strains in the same space can give you headaches, but I do it all the time for the variety. The stretch will really have two components. One is genetics, the other is your lighting. If your lighting is dialed in, you can keep them from stretching any more than their genetics want them to. If they are searching for light, they will tend to stretch more to find it. That said, a lot of strains that have a lot of sativa or OG in the wood pile can have a major stretch no matter what you do with your lighting. Some just be that way. Cheers
agree, reason why im not so sure you can control stretch even adjusting lights daily etc some strains higher in sativa is gonna stretch like a beast no matter what, its why i grow outdoor. fiance and i are converting spare room 11x16ft to grow room and will be doing indica in there(for her im all for sativa bro)

2Bad

2Bad

mmmm.. pheno dependant im thinking hey, you running 2 different seeds or clones?
clones my guy lol got shit dialed in now and this time I let it get lots more tops because there was so much node spacing. So with more tops it tightened the nodes I believe. I also increased my watts from 120 to 360w in the first 2 weeks of flower.

edit: last grow was my 2nd grow ever. This is my 3rd grow ever so i'm pushing the light alot more now knowing what I know.

Top Bottom