Can I Flower For 2 Weeks With A 600w Mh And Then Change To A Hps ?

• Thread starter sopheileen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sopheileen

sopheileen

I have been vegging for almost 3 weeks with a 600w MH and I am about to start flowering. I wanted to go for 2 weeks of flowering with the 600w MH and then switch to high pressure sodium light for a few weeks.

Let me know!
Growing Grape OG

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I would go hps then mh for the last 2 weeks . while you can do it your way the extra uv from the mh may help the plant produce more resin at the end to protect its self . that said i know a few who use mh first 2 weeks then last 2 weeks for the same reason . ultimately either will work . have fun .

R

rascali

keep in mind that a plant produces a chlorophyll profile to best utilize the light spectrum and intensity available. when you change either of those parameters you can leave the plant in a relative energy deficit while it adjusts to its new envirorment. i've experienced 3-7 days of lag, depending on cycle and cultivar.

as another consideration, many might fear an enhanced inter-nodal spacing as a side effect of maintaining that vegetative light profile through the initial flowering stretch period...

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I would think that there would be less stretch with the MH if that's what you used for veg. The plant develops chlorophyll to best utilize the spectrum it is inhabiting so there will be lag time before the hps is being utilized efficiently by the plant. Capulator has a thread on this subject somewhere I would do a search.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

I have flowered under HPS and MH.. I preferred MH because the plants seemed to be healthier under the MH..
Less stretch and yield with MH but my buds were frostier.. How much less ???? Maybe 10%,, it's hard to definitely say..

Peace

way2green

way2green

U will be fine...probably will not notice a difference if u are only going 2 weeks

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i use my mh all the way to 3 weeks in flower slows the stretch,dont no about all that yeild stuff,ive always been satisfied with my harvest,got 22 oz off 3 plants last run,this run i only went 2 weeks to stop the stretch,got a stran finally that didnt want to go 3 weeks of stretching,comes down to your method and the girls actions to it,good luck and blaze until your dazed ,happy gardening

Redneckg33k

Redneckg33k

You can do it sure, but like has been said the plants make a chlorophyll profile and drastically changing lights mid flower may slow the time it takes for the bud to finish, if your ok with that and want the added terps and frost mh can bring go for it, I have personally flowered and vegged under the same 400w mh and been very impressed

As a p.s, I like to use full spectrum led full cycle, a lot of growers don't seem to like that, I'm not sure if no change in light color makes them think flower won't onset as fast or what, but I have found no problems like that, also the plant is already fully adjusted to the light from its entire time spent in veg

usstoner

usstoner

Yea you'll probably get less strecth...for the first two weeks...another than that it'll be ok...

Top Bottom