Can I grow in swamp soil

• Thread starter soakedGrain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soakedGrain

soakedGrain

I'm thinking to grow in a couple spots close to a sort of pond that water runs off into a steam. Would the soil right next to the water be good? It's soil that stays wet very often. Thanks!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Cannabis is not a wetland plant. It will not thrive.

You will be polluting that water body, as well. So if you want a decent place to grow AND not fuck your local environment, find another spot.

soakedGrain

soakedGrain

Cannabis is not a wetland plant. It will not thrive.

You will be polluting that water body, as well. So if you want a decent place to grow AND not fuck your local environment, find another spot.
Interesting. How will it pollute it?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Interesting. How will it pollute it?
Plant nutrients in a waterway will spawn algal growth which reduces available oxygen in the water (look up eutrophication), wiping out most insects, fish and other aerobic organisms.

Most nutrients added are NOT used by the plant.

HipsterDoodus

HipsterDoodus

I've been doing it for thirty years:

Mandala Seeds - Satori

Satori

soakedGrain

soakedGrain

Are the plants in mucky/wet soil? What part of the world are you in?

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
One of best places I’ve grown was in a swamp but you also have a very good chance of flooding and could lose everything

Obviously not in the soggy part but in a bed of peat moss that was like 5 feet thick but floating on the water.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
I'm thinking to grow in a couple spots close to a sort of pond that water runs off into a steam. Would the soil right next to the water be good? It's soil that stays wet very often. Thanks!
check out strainhunter jamaca expidition... but like dude said dont pollute the water system... so foliar feed with seaweed omri seaweed foliar spray... it will likey be shit bud not worth it roots need air... and rot in stagnation.

Stoneface_Jack

Stoneface_Jack

check out strainhunter jamaca expidition... but like dude said dont pollute the water system... so foliar feed with seaweed omri seaweed foliar spray... it will likey be shit bud not worth it roots need air... and rot in stagnation.
Do you really have to feed outdoor grows? I'm pretty new as a grower, but I've used our back garden for the last couple of seasons, it was a farmer's field then a garden for 40 years. It's pretty well used soil and I still didn't need to feed the girls in the ground.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Do you really have to feed outdoor grows? I'm pretty new as a grower, but I've used our back garden for the last couple of seasons, it was a farmer's field then a garden for 40 years. It's pretty well used soil and I still didn't need to feed the girls in the ground.
i mean the soil is life and life needs food. eating rotting roots is cool. but anyone growing in a forest or things like that is robbing nutes and shit from there stuff. foliar of seaweed shouldn't really fuck with the balance of the soil. honestly the cheap growers are just cheap growers if you know your shit you get what you paid for... but most drop dollars and have super weed that they hype like its the shit till you smoke the shit. cannabis kind of fucks the environment when its grow in forests and shit even organic. its not like the old days where the plants die and rot into the ground birds and shit eating the seeds... also all ferts except for salts wage war on the natural substrate biosphere... salts kill but often dont introduce new strains into the soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom