Can I make BHO out of **DRIED** Frozen trim/buds

• Thread starter HomegrowNZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HomegrowNZ

I have a bunch of already dried and now frozen trim/buds was planning on making bubble hash with it but have since changed my mind to doing BHO which I am not sure if I can use the frozen buds or is there a certain amount of time I need to wait into defrost before beginning the extractions

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have a bunch of already dried and now frozen trim/buds was planning on making bubble hash with it but have since changed my mind to doing BHO which I am not sure if I can use the frozen buds or is there a certain amount of time I need to wait into defrost before beginning the extractions
i’m wondering why BHO?
butane has got to be the worst method for extracting ever,.. i can’t/wont smoke anything made with it..
so why bho?..

N

Natep

Yes can be done frozen. I’m with nick on this one. Why bho? You can make very high quality rosin from bubble hash.

H

HomegrowNZ

BHO for simplicity I have no access to rosin press as well as I don’t have any equipment for drying of the bubble hash . So I feel if I do BHO it’s 1 and done just need to evap the butane then good to go in comparison to bubble hash having more timely steps

N

norcali707

I disagree if done RIGHT and purged correctly u can make high quality extracts leaving absolutely no traces of butane behind. 100%, it just takes patience. Butane is also hydrophophobic, so as long as your buds are properly dried and contain no moisture, you're only extracting the good stuff leaving undesirables behind. When water is present during extraction all the u desirable compounds are also extracted. Quality butane, leaves those u desireables behind which make for a much cleaner oil and smoother hits. Blasting with butane is how a lot of things we eat are made such as spices and cooking oils. It Just has to be done right

Cophiljay

Cophiljay

Use dimethyl ether instead. It's food grade, evaps faster, pulls more from the plant and nontoxic.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Use dimethyl ether instead. It's food grade, evaps faster, pulls more from the plant and nontoxic.
dimethyl is better than butane but not 99.9% isopropyl for stuff like qwiso,.. dimethyl extracts the chlorophyll and waxes faster than isopropyl which is contaminating your product,. unless making RSO it works good..

Cophiljay

Cophiljay

dimethyl is better than butane but not 99.9% isopropyl for stuff like qwiso,.. dimethyl extracts the chlorophyll and waxes faster than isopropyl which is contaminating your product,. unless making RSO it works good..
Yes, dimethyl for RSO... NOT a fan of isopropyl as it's a poison...

Top Bottom