Can I make masculinized seeds

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Never saw this before. Male herm. Will the S1 seeds be all male? LMAO merry christmas.
Can i make masculinized seeds

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Unfortunately no because they will also carry x chromosomes in addition to the y. So you will get reg seeds, but I have a feeling you knew that already! Lol 👍

growsince79

growsince79

Unfortunately no because they will also carry x chromosomes in addition to the y. So you will get reg seeds, but I have a feeling you knew that already! Lol 👍
No I don't know. Why are fem S1s all female? The mom stressed and made pollen-right. In this case the dad stressed made girl parts- I think that would make them all male.

growsince79

growsince79

I was going to use the pollen to make reg seeds with his aunt. I don't have a place to keep him long enough to see if he makes viable seed. I do think they would be all male though.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Plant those suckers and let us know. I don’t know if a YY male is possible in cannabis. My guess is they would be majority male but that’s not based in any science.

Interesting question bro!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
No I don't know. Why are fem S1s all female? The mom stressed and made pollen-right. In this case the dad stressed made girl parts- I think that would make them all male.
But the males carry both x and y chromosomes. So randomly you have a chance for each gamete to hold one or the other. On a feminised plant they do not carry the Y-chromosome at all therefore they could not contribute it to any of the gametes and you wind up with all female seeds.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Maybe you have just discovered a new and reliable hermie strain... All seeds hermie... Guaranteed.. :-)

growsince79

growsince79

But the males carry both x and y chromosomes. So randomly you have a chance for each gamete to hold one or the other. On a feminised plant they do not carry the Y-chromosome at all therefore they could not contribute it to any of the gametes and you wind up with all female seeds.
Interesting that the plant hermed under stress just as some females do. I never had that happen with a male. Will the offspring from the pollen be more prone to herm?

growsince79

growsince79

Is the gene that determines whether or not the plant changes sex when stressed the same in a male as a female. Should I even use the pollen?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Is the gene that determines whether or not the plant changes sex when stressed the same in a male as a female. Should I even use the pollen?
Unfortunately I think that interexual traits occur at many places along the genome and we haven't got it all figured out yet. I know it's a fact that males carry more genetic information than the females to begin with though.

My rule is: if I have the time and space, why the heck not?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That there is a true hermaphrodite. Rare and i do t think you want to breed it back in.

growsince79

growsince79

That there is a true hermaphrodite. Rare and i do t think you want to breed it back in.
IDK it only started throwing hairs under extreme stress. 48 hrs light and broken main stem. Ive had true hermaphrodites that grow both all the time. This is different.

Top Bottom