CAN I PLEASE GET LIGHTING RECOMMENDATIONS

• Thread starter crypto03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bullmark69

Bullmark69

I’m all for spending as little as is needed to do the job. But, between a couple of friends and myself, I’ve seen or used a long list of lights. Based on what I’ve witnessed, HLG & Timber have delivered the best results…..with a slight nod going to HLG. But there are plenty of good options out there.

Newty

Newty

AC Infinity makes excellent lights, but they cost more. The T22 I have in a 28"x28" tent works with my Controller 69 Pro, so the controls look like this ↓. It's off now and about two hours away from turning on.

View attachment 2142658
Just wanted to mention that most lights with a RJ11 connection will work with the AC Infinity Controller 69 with a RJ11 adapter.

I have 1 Controller 69 Pro running 2 Vivosun VS4000 and another 69 Pro running a Spider Farmer SE4500. Also using other brand lights did not remove any features from the Controller 69.

If I used just the lights without the Controller 69 then I would only have 4 levels of dimming but with the Controller 69, I have 10 levels of dimming. This feature alone was a game changer.

I run my equipment through Advanced Automations, I personally use the Sunrise/Sunset option and set it for 5 minutes per light level. Idk if it has any effect on the plants, I just prefer to slowly ramp up my lights.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Just wanted to mention that most lights with a RJ11 connection will work with the AC Infinity Controller 69 with a RJ11 adapter.
You're right. I didn't think to mention it. I've heard that some don't have the same level of functionality, though, so buyers beware. Also, just about any light can be powered on and off using a control plug. I do that with my XS2000 lights. They're the older type that don't have the RJ11 connection.

About control plugs... I used to use Alexa plugs for my lights until we lost our Internet connection for an entire day. Those plugs must have Internet access to work. The AC Infinity controllers do not. So, now I use the AC Infinity control plugs.

I have 1 Controller 69 Pro running 2 Vivosun VS4000 and another 69 Pro running a Spider Farmer SE4500. Also using other brand lights did not remove any features from the Controller 69.
That's cool. I don't need any new lights right now, but I'll keep it in mind for when I do. Good to know. Thanks. I just added a tent for some clones I started and am using older Inkbird controllers that are clunky compared to the AC Infinity equipment. My wife says to upgrade that tent, so I might do that soon.

If I used just the lights without the Controller 69 then I would only have 4 levels of dimming but with the Controller 69, I have 10 levels of dimming. This feature alone was a game changer.
My thinking, as well.

I run my equipment through Advanced Automations, I personally use the Sunrise/Sunset option and set it for 5 minutes per light level. Idk if it has any effect on the plants, I just prefer to slowly ramp up my lights.
I've had problems using Advanced Automations that I haven't been able to fix. All my tents are in flowering mode now, so I'm waiting till I'm between grows to try to figure it out. I do use the sunrise/sunset option, though, for the same reason.

Newty

Newty

You're right. I didn't think to mention it. I've heard that some don't have the same level of functionality, though, so buyers beware.
I'm sure there's compatibility issues with some brands.
I'm sure not all but I wonder if any of the issues were because of people using the wrong type of RJ11 adapter, they make both a PWM/0-10V adapter and also a RJ11 Resistor adapter.
I've had problems using Advanced Automations that I haven't been able to fix. All my tents are in flowering mode now, so I'm waiting till I'm between grows to try to figure it out. I do use the sunrise/sunset option, though, for the same reason.
Just curious, what issues were you having with Advanced Automations?

Latest posts

Top Bottom