Can I quick dry my bud before I harvest?

• Thread starter MT_Smoke420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Whats going on farm -

I am running a flush right now and plan to harvest at the end of this week. (Been flushing for 10 days).

I was curious if there was a way I could cut a few buds off, quick dry or speed dry them, to see how it smokes prior to my harvest? Last run I had very harsh tasting bud that didn't really smoke well in a joint and looking to avoid that.

Thanks!

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

quick dry aka harsh weed my man, too low humidity during cure aka harsh smoke(dry too quick) i have tried the microwave method aswell same result..

josefrahl

josefrahl

Yeah, a quick dry test will usually give you harsh weed so it won't help you to know if properly dried and cured buds will be harsh. First thing to do is stop flushing on you're next harvest. While the bro science is that it will make it less harsh, in every blind smoke test that I have seen the flushed buds lose to buds that have just had a nutrient reduction or normal feed. 2nd thing, and this can be done on this harvest, is when you think your cure is done, cure for 2 more weeks. I added weeks to my cure, and it really has made everything better. Smell, taste, ash, harshness... Hope that helps ✌️

MT_Smoke420

MT_Smoke420

Yeah, a quick dry test will usually give you harsh weed so it won't help you to know if properly dried and cured buds will be harsh. First thing to do is stop flushing on you're next harvest. While the bro science is that it will make it less harsh, in every blind smoke test that I have seen the flushed buds lose to buds that have just had a nutrient reduction or normal feed. 2nd thing, and this can be done on this harvest, is when you think your cure is done, cure for 2 more weeks. I added weeks to my cure, and it really has made everything better. Smell, taste, ash, harshness... Hope that helps ✌️
Sounds good - thanks for the info!

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Check out the magnesium flush, not just water flush. Good stuff.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sounds good - thanks for the info!
The best way I've found to dry bud quickly is to cut it up first into small pieces, the set your oven on at its very lowest setting under 200f once it is pre heated put your weed in on a tray for 10 minutes then pull out and check & turn if still wet let sit for 5 min then put it in again up to 10 min.. and repeat until just smoke able, put in a paper bag. By the next day ...if any left it should smoke better.....In 30 min I can have a smoke off fresh cut bud if I do that.......not the greatest but its a taste and a buzz

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

ey man that oven smoke is harsh thinking back to my teens here bro, imo you are better off making it edible my man

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
We all been there. My go to method was using dry herb vape. Turn setting above 205 C and I can put off the stem “green” chlorophyll filled bud in there. Taste isn’t as gross as you’d think but I found it still gave me some high. The high would fade very quickly and the bowl wouldn’t yield many hits.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I never flush- just cut back and finish around 500 ppm - dry and cure is way more important than the flush imo.

2Bad

2Bad

Agreed. Months if possible haha. Grove bags ftw.

Top Bottom