Can I re-use the waste water?

• Thread starter Rickcin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rickcin

Rickcin

I usually toss the runoff water when watering my girls and it just dawned on me that perhaps I could mix this with the already nutrient mixed water to water the girls the next day instead of tossing it? Thanks

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I don't think it would be cost effective. You would have to sterilize it, then test it to see what it's nutrient levels were.

You can use it outside on your grass pretty easily lol

If your wanting no waste go aquaponics and pick your biproduct.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I would only reuse wastewater from rockwool and even then it has to be filtered and UV treated before being fed back to the plants. Doable, I actually do it myself, but again I only do it with wool and UV.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I would only reuse wastewater from rockwool and even then it has to be filtered and UV treated before being fed back to the plants. Doable, I actually do it myself, but again I only do it with wool and UV.
So im curious to as if someone has ever put a uv light in their res, under the root structure lol. Wouldnt it stop root rot that light would normally cause? Retention time right? lol. . im assuming someone has done this. Just curious as to how it would work on sterile systems with chillers. I just find it wild how one spectrum can cause fungi growth, and one can eliminate it? Am I just confused?

Ponky

Ponky

So im curious to as if someone has ever put a uv light in their res, under the root structure lol. Wouldnt it stop root rot that light would normally cause? Retention time right? lol. . im assuming someone has done this. Just curious as to how it would work on sterile systems with chillers. I just find it wild how one spectrum can cause fungi growth, and one can eliminate it? Am I just confused?
Visible light is just radiation. UV kills living things. Oxygen gives life as O2. And kills as ozone. UV lights are encased and used to to sterilize aquarium water without shining on the fish. In hydroponic use its called a UV clarifier or something.

ArrEll

ArrEll

I usually toss the runoff water when watering my girls and it just dawned on me that perhaps I could mix this with the already nutrient mixed water to water the girls the next day instead of tossing it? Thanks
Why would you? It's really Wastewater.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Don't waste it. Use it on your outdoor veggies or other plants. If nothing else, add it to a garden sprayer and fert your lawn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom