can i run beneficials and hygrozyme together?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Garden of Dreams

Garden of Dreams

Breeder
Hygrozyme is enzymes. You can make your own from Seeded Sprout Tea. www.buildasoil has maleted barley and barley seeds, Both crush it in the enzyme department! 10lbs will make 50 -60 galls of what your buying for 60-70 a gall! I used it this morning! Just like Beer!
SST

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Thanks @Garden of Dreams! Would you mind sharing your seeded sprout tea methods? I'm not sure if I need to ferment anaerobically with an airlock, or bubble it away, and for how long. Seems I'd want to keep O2 out of the equation to increase shelf life.

N

nightmarecreature

From tests that I have done, these enzyms stop my roots growing cold turkey on a healthy root system. On dead root systems it helps revive the root system slowly.

There is no need for enzyms if you use beneficial microbes or spore inoculants, they make the enzyms that break down dead roots.

chuckchill

chuckchill

oh god! i use sensizyme + orca!. i dont see any negative results. APART FROM^ SLOW! ROOT GROWTH. I HAVE TO USE TAP WATER THAT I BUBBLE FOR?SOMETIMES WEEKS.TRYIN TO KILL THE CHLORIMIDE ETC. HOPE IM NOT BEING WASTEFULL.+:-)IM GONNA GET ME SOME GRAINS ETC.MAKE MY OWN ZYMES:-)
THANKS FOR SHARING DUDE.I ESPECIALLY APRECIATE THAT.
PEACE + TOP NOTCH AMBER GREASE:-)
PEACE.
C.C

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

oh god! i use sensizyme + orca!. i dont see any negative results. APART FROM^ SLOW! ROOT GROWTH. I HAVE TO USE TAP WATER THAT I BUBBLE FOR?SOMETIMES WEEKS.TRYIN TO KILL THE CHLORIMIDE ETC.

Hey CC, if you're referring to chloramine, I just want to inform you that unfortunately, chloramine cannot be bubbled/evaporated out of water like chlorine can. So it doesn't matter how long you bubble it, you won't get rid of it that way. It's evil stuff, I wish people wouldn't put it in the water supply! You might need to get a serious filtration system (RO would do it) on your water to get rid of it.

Last edited:
chuckchill

chuckchill

Yea.thank u. im lookin into a r.o system atm.. a boogie BLUE! ANY ,CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES? I ONLY USE ABOUT
Hey CC, if you're referring to chloramine, I just want to inform you that unfortunately, chloramine cannot be bubbled/evaporated out of water like chlorine can. So it doesn't matter how long you bubble it, you won't get rid of it that way. It's evil stuff, I wish people wouldn't put it in the water supply! You might need to get a serious filtration system (RO would do it) on your water to get rid of it.

Mr. Molecule

Mr. Molecule

I looked at the Boogie Blue and it's just a simple inline carbon filter. I don't know if it will remove chloramine but I did notice that someone asked that specific question in the comments of a YouTube page about this filter, and the poster of the video (a hydro retailer, I think) ignored the question... maybe he ignored it because the answer was no, it doesn't.

I was recommending an actual reverse osmosis filter system. They're not going to be as cheap as that Boogie Blue product... a decent RO system is about $125-150 at the starter level. But they give you total control of your water quality in hydroponics because you're using water that's 99.9% free of other substances.

EDIT: okay I just checked about carbon filters and chloramines and found this info on a commercial site:

The whole reduction discussion for chloramines can become quite complex, but the main thing you need to know is that chloramine is removed from water with essentially the same strategies that are used to remove chlorine. This means that carbon filtration is the best removal method, and, contrary to urban legends, filter carbon does indeed remove chloramine. The problem is that it takes more carbon and more contact time to do the job. In practical terms this means that if your city disinfects your tap water with chloramines you'll need to get a larger and better carbon filter than you would need if chlorine alone were used.

So there you go. You can use a carbon filter to get rid of it, but you need a really good one, better than that Boogie thingy probably is. I would recommend you cough up for an RO system if you can, then you could make many gallons at once and hold it in a separate reservoir to pull from whenever you need to service your hydro system.

Last edited:
chuckchill

chuckchill

Yea im defo gonna cop up for 1.like. i start gettin these weird brown,rust,crispy very bottom leaves. im sure its the water.!OR LOW R.H.
C.C.
OH CHEERS FOR THAT MAN.
C.C
I looked at the Boogie Blue and it's just a simple inline carbon filter. I don't know if it will remove chloramine but I did notice that someone asked that specific question in the comments of a YouTube page about this filter, and the poster of the video (a hydro retailer, I think) ignored the question... maybe he ignored it because the answer was no, it doesn't.

I was recommending an actual reverse osmosis filter system. They're not going to be as cheap as that Boogie Blue product... a decent RO system is about $125-150 at the starter level. But they give you total control of your water quality in hydroponics because you're using water that's 99.9% free of other substances.

EDIT: okay I just checked about carbon filters and chloramines and found this info on a commercial site:

The whole reduction discussion for chloramines can become quite complex, but the main thing you need to know is that chloramine is removed from water with essentially the same strategies that are used to remove chlorine. This means that carbon filtration is the best removal method, and, contrary to urban legends, filter carbon does indeed remove chloramine. The problem is that it takes more carbon and more contact time to do the job. In practical terms this means that if your city disinfects your tap water with chloramines you'll need to get a larger and better carbon filter than you would need if chlorine alone were used.

So there you go. You can use a carbon filter to get rid of it, but you need a really good one, better than that Boogie thingy probably is. I would recommend you cough up for an RO system if you can, then you could make many gallons at once and hold it in a separate reservoir to pull from whenever you need to service your hydro system.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

Just passing on what my memory serves... but dont quote me. Chloramine was put into municipal watering systems because sometimes the chlorine would 'evaporate' out of the water and pathogens, bad bacteria, etc. would begin to grow as the water sat or went down long range pipelines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom