Can I Save Her/him/herm?

• Thread starter UKcannasseur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UKcannasseur

UKcannasseur

Been growing a single seed i receved of lemonade by exotikz, it has been fast growing, healthy, stinks of sour lemon from the start of veg. 4 days into flower it showed female pistils and started to stretch and continued to grow perfectly fine for 3 weeks into flower untill i found around 11 male balls growing only in the bottom half of the plant(threw the male balls out before i took pics). So my question is now ive stripped all the male balls off and lollypoped the plant is there a chance i can save this plant from being a herm as ive read many mixed reviews on this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Can i save herhimherm
Can i save herhimherm 2
Can i save herhimherm 3
Can i save herhimherm 4
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Been growing a single seed i receved of lemonade by exotikz, it has been fast growing, healthy, stinks of sour lemon from the start of veg. 4 days into flower it showed female pistils and started to stretch and continued to grow perfectly fine for 3 weeks into flower untill i found around 11 male balls growing only in the bottom half of the plant(threw the male balls out before i took pics). So my question is now ive stripped all the male balls off and lollypoped the plant is there a chance i can save this plant from being a herm as ive read many mixed reviews on this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
You can try to pick them off and keep going... Good luck

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

Gonna be based purely on your luck with the genetics. Some throw just a few on the bottom at the beginning that are smaller, others continually throw them their whole flower cycle. Some on the bottom is common and you have a pretty good chance of finishing but there's also a fair chance it'll throw more throughout. You'll have to just watch really close and decide daily if it's worth continuing.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If any strain in my garden throws a nanner , it gets burned asap. I do not allow inferior genetics in my garden.

And it is NOT common for a QUALITY bred strain to throw balls. Except for grower error, or shit breeding practices

UKcannasseur

UKcannasseur

If any strain in my garden throws a nanner , it gets burned asap. I do not allow inferior genetics in my garden.

And it is NOT common for a QUALITY bred strain to throw balls. Except for grower error, or shit breeding practices
Thanks for the advice and belive me any other strain i would have thrown out and continued with my other strains, but im left with the fact of loosing the only lemonade genetics that i have and trust me this strain is one of the more closely guarded secrets from berners exotikz line up and im affraid of never being able to aquire these genetics again. Is there any way to breed out the hermaphrodite traits by crossing with a male from a similar strain or will this just lead to more herms? Im new to using seeds as for the past 5 years ive only been growing from clones but am now looking to do some breeding and pheno hunting, is there any way i can rescue this strain in your view ?

Toaster79

Toaster79

You could theoretically outbreed the trait by finding a natural herming male of the same strain. So good luck with that part. I would cut the losses and move on. Exotix has had too many herms lately to be considered a serious breeder so I would stay away from his work. On the other hand there's more than enough legit genetics out there if you skip on the latest hype, taste of the week kind of "breeds".

UKcannasseur

UKcannasseur

I think to be honest your right im just going to move on and try find some good regular seeds from a reliable source. Do you have any recomendations of good seed banks that ship to the uk ?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If it' environment, and it' not genetic, The trait may not pass to the clone. If it is genetic, it will always be in growth cycle.

Toaster79

Toaster79

@thunderfudge is your man. He's got nothing but great reviews. There are many other UK vendors or even breeders worth to have a look at. And afterall this page is a seed store in the first place so have a look if you find something interesting.

Top Bottom