Can i spray when plants gone into flower

• Thread starter Floodster31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Floodster31

Floodster31

hi,
I have just found a couple of leaf hoopers on my girls in my green house. They are 1 week into flower,can I still spray with my homemade garlic water and oil solution. Will it effect the flower later on? Many thanks

Floodster31

Floodster31

hi,
I have just found a couple of leaf hoopers on my girls in my green house. They are 1 week into flower,can I still spray with my homemade garlic water and oil solution. Will it effect the flower later on? Many thanks
?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
If your going to spray do it in cool of evening not in heat of the day . Good luck . Od

Floodster31

Floodster31

If your going to spray do it in cool of evening not in heat of the day . Good luck . Od
Ok thanks I have sprayed before always at night just wernt to sure now there are flowers thanks again i will go spray now

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well I would only do a light spray maybe on lower branch see what’s up before you hit the whole plant , if the plant is healthy it will be ok or you can also bring silica into your grow it works as a inner defence against chewing & rasping , sucking insects , they ingest the silica it cuts them up on the inside n die . Od

Floodster31

Floodster31

Well I would only do a light spray maybe on lower branch see what’s up before you hit the whole plant , if the plant is healthy it will be ok or you can also bring silica into your grow it works as a inner defence against chewing & rasping , sucking insects , they ingest the silica it cuts them up on the inside n die . Od
I had the same issue early in my grow and the grlic etc worked so I no the plant are ok with the spary it will only be a fine mist also I will purchase some sillica tonight. Thanks for the advice

quantum.board

quantum.board

Google that if you do not understand that flowers are very delicate. Avoid spraying during flowering. Spraying the buds can be bad for a number of reasons. Depending on your spray solution, this can lead to anything from a spoilt taste to an increased chance for mouldy buds. If you grow outdoors, buds getting wet can be a normal occurrence due to rainy weather.

Floodster31

Floodster31

Google that if you do not understand that flowers are very delicate. Avoid spraying during flowering. Spraying the buds can be bad for a number of reasons. Depending on your spray solution, this can lead to anything from a spoilt taste to an increased chance for mouldy buds. If you grow outdoors, buds getting wet can be a normal occurrence due to rainy weather.
Its in a green house and I put a cup over the buds to spray and sprayed all the lower leafs also i wont need to do it any more as I have just ordered silica it is first week of flower so buds are just starting to form

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sorry I think you are mixing up effects of DE and potassium silicate. The silicate added will help build up the leaf and stem walls to help prevent insects from feeding.

DE is powder form but sharp to soft bodied insects. They walk through it and get cut up.

Floodster31

Floodster31

Sorry I think you are mixing up effects of DE and potassium silicate. The silicate added will help build up the leaf and stem walls to help prevent insects from feeding.

DE is powder form but sharp to soft bodied insects. They walk through it and get cut up.
Ok I will look into it.i have just looked at my girl and there seems to be no more bugs so the spray has worked i will be going indoors after this grow so I will look in to and purchase de for that grow many thanks for you input everyday is a school day with this grow as it is my first grow that has got this far. Last time I lost them due to neglect lol

Top Bottom