Can i stop outdoor reveg ?

• Thread starter SHiNi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SHiNi

SHiNi

Hi guys this was I winter grow I live in the Southern Hemisphere she has been flowering for say 5 weeks. Spring started 10 days ago but we had rain till last week she started revegging and was wondering if there is anyway to make her go back to flower just to finish?
Can i stop outdoor reveg
Can i stop outdoor reveg 2
Can i stop outdoor reveg 3
Can i stop outdoor reveg 4
Can i stop outdoor reveg 5
Can i stop outdoor reveg 6
Can i stop outdoor reveg 7
Can i stop outdoor reveg 8
Can i stop outdoor reveg 9

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Enclose the plant for lighting control [black out].
Keep the daylight they receive to 12 hours.
Add supplemental lighting if necessary.
If these genetics are important to you, take cuts, clear flowers, and re-veg into a mother for future use.
Note: these will be weakened genetics if cloned and re-vegged, but will preserve the genetics.
We see this often in genetics that are not built to grow in the area they have been attempted to be grown.
Research strains that work for your location before growing outdoor, and make sure they are not an indoor strain.

SHiNi

SHiNi

Enclose the plant for lighting control [black out].
Keep the daylight they receive to 12 hours.
Add supplemental lighting if necessary.
If these genetics are important to you, take cuts, clear flowers, and re-veg into a mother for future use.
Note: these will be weakened genetics if cloned and re-vegged, but will preserve the genetics.
We see this often in genetics that are not built to grow in the area they have been attempted to be grown.
Research strains that work for your location before growing outdoor, and make sure they are not an indoor strain.
Thank you for the info I am currently looking for breathable light blocking fabric to build an enclosure as other members suggested.

She is not a mother just a seed I planted to see how the strain looks and reacts to weather here. I have 8 regular seeds of the same strain that I'm planning to breed with hoping for 4 males and 4 females so no its not clones.

This grow was started in winter to see how she handles winter and the rains and all that and to see if there is some colors in the genetics.
I only grow outdoor but my first time growing through winter normally I plant this time.
I already did some research and found it's bred in the northern hemisphere ( majority of strains are as I've noted )
But I believe that if time is taken a strain can adjust to any climate and produce same yields as climate of origin.

I really appreciate your input as I like to learn and with cannabis you learn everyday Much respect👊

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Thank you for the info I am currently looking for breathable light blocking fabric to build an enclosure as other members suggested.

She is not a mother just a seed I planted to see how the strain looks and reacts to weather here. I have 8 regular seeds of the same strain that I'm planning to breed with hoping for 4 males and 4 females so no its not clones.

This grow was started in winter to see how she handles winter and the rains and all that and to see if there is some colors in the genetics.
I only grow outdoor but my first time growing through winter normally I plant this time.
I already did some research and found it's bred in the northern hemisphere ( majority of strains are as I've noted )
But I believe that if time is taken a strain can adjust to any climate and produce same yields as climate of origin.

I really appreciate your input as I like to learn and with cannabis you learn everyday Much respect👊

Absolutely a genetic can be bred to adapt to its location if done with care, doing so is a delicate process as it may steer the genetic towards a predisposition to hermaphrodism.

If this was just a test grow I would plan on having to black out your seeded crop next season and stay on top of it.
[Any time spent in the re-veg cycle is flowering time lost]

A note on breeding: Seed them all, but select only the most desirable male and female for the breeding cycle [cut the rest].
This one male and one female will insure reliability and predictability in your seed stock.
If less care is taken then simply a single male to all the females is acceptable, but not the optimal situation.

Keep in mind one well seeded plant can hold hundreds to thousands of seeds.

Last edited:
SHiNi

SHiNi

Absolutely a genetic can be bred to adapt to its location if done with care, doing so is a delicate process as it may steer the genetic towards a predisposition to hermaphrodism
I'm planning to stabilize once the desired traits are locked in. I know it will take a few years. And that is new to me that you can steer genetics towards hermaphrodism the only reason I see a plant do that is if it's in the genetics (landrace ) or if survival instincts kick in. I'm learning something new now thanks

If this was just a test grow I would plan on having to black out your seeded crop next season and stay on top of it.
[Any time spent in the re-veg cycle is flowering time lost]
That my brother is my biggest problem that I still have to figure out atleast I have 3 months to get a solution. If you know of any breathable light and uv blocking material please let me know 🙏

A note on breeding: Seed them all, but select only the most desirable male and female for the breeding cycle [cut the rest].
This one male and one female will insure reliability and predictability in your seed stock.
If less care is taken then simply a single male to all the females is acceptable, but not the optimal situation.

Keep in mind on well seeded plant can hold hundreds to thousands of seeds.
I'm planning to grow all 8 and choose only the best male and female as parents and cut the rest and start from there.And about the seeds I will have to see how the mother takes pollen will anyway probably have to run F1's for a few years to get the best lol.
DR thanks for teaching me something new with each comment I appreciate it bro 🙏

Latest posts

Top Bottom